psp web browser...how is it.

videogamejunkie

CAGiversary!
Had a psp from launch and sold it on ebay a few months back. With all the new games coming out and the browser, I am thinking about getting another one. How is the browser? Can someone go indepth detail? can I surf the actual web (not clippings) and check my email?

It is slow and seriously lacking in memory. If the sites you visit use a lot of images, don't expect to load more than one page at a time, if even that. (It allows for three tabs, but often takes long to switch between them.) It's passable for when you don't want to lug around a laptop, but I don't think I'd even call it "good." It's not totally useless or crippled, but like I said, it's only passable.

Oh yeah, it doesn't do Flash or streaming video. But you can download files to your memory stick.

It can go fairly fast when your right next to router, but can take very long time load something when your like, lets say in your bedroom upstairs, and your router is downstairs. Its pretty cool otherwise. You can copy pictures, and have up three pages going at once. I have even gotton flash pop ads on it.(You cant do anything though because it does not support flash)

It's "meh"

It's kind of nice to have the ability to surf on your PSP when you need it, but its not something you're gonna bring to Starbucks instead of your laptop. The controls work pretty well, except I suggest you type in all the websites you visit pretty regularly and bookmark them as typing is quite the bitch.

final bit the bullet. It is way better than I thought it would be. It is the actual web. HATE the way you have to type. WHat is the deal with the cashe? What should I set it at? Can the psp get a virus?

What are the best settings for the browser ?
I mainly use it to come on here .
I disabled avatars, signatures, and pics on CAG , it helps a little .
I just want to get the most out of it .

What about for us 1.5 ers? I know I saw that there is a way to do it throught the wipeout cheat. Any others? How does it run on 1.5? What firmware are you on Bushwaccer?

I had 1.5.

I upgraded for the great games and all the features they added.

However, I have not used a single one of those features. I use my PSP for only one thing: to play games.

Never once have even looked at the web browser or played a movie.

bread's done
Back