PSP with 1.5 Firmware

Outrager

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Anyone know a place (preferably in Queens, NY) where I can get a PSP with version 1.5 Firmware? I want it to run homebrew games (mmmm emulators). I called 2 Gamestops near me and 1 was out of stock and the other was just confused and wanted me to explain to him what a firmware was.

no, most psps now come with 1.51.
when u buy one, ask them if u can open it and try to look for dead pixels

Go to any small store and they should have systems left over from launch or when ever - just not the latest batch. I'm currently debating whether or not to dictate my new game buying with whether the current firmware has been cracked. I wonder if there are others like me who won't buy GTA or Burnout only because I don't want to lose Zelda...

I haven't seen the updated firmware boxes yet (Did Sony even start shipping out 1.51 PSPs? I haven't heard anything). The PSP with firmware 1.5 is version number 1001K you should be good. I don't think the PSPs come with anything besides 1.5 so you should be good with any new one you buy.

if its not to far from you call j and l game trading in chinatown..i dont know if they upped their prices but they should still have version 1.00 japan and 1.5 us.. dunno if you watch umd movies as i do not so i have the jap version

I just bought one from Target and it came with 1.5. I bought it there because they usually aren't the first place people go to buy a PSP.

-----------------------------------------------------
- Proven P.R. method: Throw dart, then draw the bullseye.

Thanks, guys. I'm gonna probably check out a mom and pop store in Flushing to see if they have it. They might also waive the tax, which is $20. If I can't find it there I might try chinatown and Target as well. (I'll probably check to see Target's return policy just in case it isn't a 1.5).

Also, is Lumines(sp?) the best game for the system now? Or is it one of those good for a few weeks games? I got a $10 GC from ebgames.com so I'm gonna pick up a game online after I get the PSP.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm currently debating whether or not to dictate my new game buying with whether the current firmware has been cracked. I wonder if there are others like me who won't buy GTA or Burnout only because I don't want to lose Zelda...[/QUOTE]

PSP hackers are working on a loader that you run from the memory stick that will load the UMD discs without running the firmware update check. 1.50 forever.

[quote name='dratsacras']PSP hackers are working on a loader that you run from the memory stick that will load the UMD discs without running the firmware update check. 1.50 forever.[/QUOTE]

Also, they supposedly have a working firmware downgrader.

I'd be able to pass on GTA to keep homebrew...but not so sure about Burnout.

[quote name='dratsacras']PSP hackers are working on a loader that you run from the memory stick that will load the UMD discs without running the firmware update check. 1.50 forever.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome but I can imagine a scenario where a friend accidentally loads a game the proper way and I'm screwed forever... I think psp hackers are working on a way to downgrade the firmware which would be super sweet.

Yeah, I saw the downgrader. The people making it hope to have it just plug directly into the USB port and downgrade the PSP to 1.5.

Also, I bid on a PSP on eBay not thinking I'd win. The winning bid is about $215 for a supposed Brand New PSP with the Spider-Man 2 UMD. Shipping at $20. Hopefully, it's one of the first million PSPs that came with the Spider-Man 2 UMD and has no dead/stuck pixels. Luckily, eBay has a 10% off coupon so the crazy high shipping cost cancelled out.

bread's done
Back