PSPGo - 199.99 at GS Used

dserafin1986

CAGiversary!
Similar to the DJ Hero deal where you have to call around locally, found a pearl white one at the 3rd GS that I called today...It makes the plunge a lot easier to take, and the condition of these are likely to be pristine because they are so new.

Sorry, I still have my opinions of this basically being a neutered PSP, of which you can get cheaper new. The Go was a big failure IMO.

I saw a pearl white one on Saturday at a EB in Ontario Mills. Not my kind of deal I'll just wait for it to be that price new.

[quote name='awp']Sorry, I still have my opinions of this basically being a neutered PSP, of which you can get cheaper new. The Go was a big failure IMO.[/QUOTE]
Neutered? It has Sixaxis support via blue tooth and savestate support that allows you to quit a game, do something else (like a play another game) then just enter back to the game you were previously playing at the exact moment you left...a feature that can be used to basically bypass a game's start up/loading. Other than UMDs and Custom firmware there is nothing a regular PSP has over the Go.

As for the price...I managed to get a new one on release via dell + coupon + cashback for $180. Though I think since then Bing no longer supports being coupled with coupons.

[quote name='Kanik']Neutered? It has Sixaxis support via blue tooth and savestate support that allows you to quit a game, do something else (like a play another game) then just enter back to the game you were previously playing at the exact moment you left...a feature that can be used to basically bypass a game's start up/loading. Other than UMDs and Custom firmware there is nothing a regular PSP has over the Go.

As for the price...I managed to get a new one on release via dell + coupon + cashback for $180. Though I think since then Bing no longer supports being coupled with coupons.[/QUOTE]

How about cost? I just picked up a ton of PSP UMD games in various deals, new and used, this past weekend, about 20 of them total for like $200. Games that are new from LBP to oldies like Capcom Classics Remixed.

Am I going to get all these games at these prices on the PSN? Am I going to be able to sell them all again when I'm done with them, or when Sony releases a new handheld?

Yea, the only thing the PSP Go has against it really is the digital download prices. I just picked up T6 for $20 and Dissidia for $15 whereas both are still $40 on the PSN store.

No UMDs means you'll have a heck of a time finding cheap ass games for it...

Edit: Sheesh, I opened the reply window and took a phone call and everybody else made the point I was trying to make :)

[quote name='Despacio']How about cost? I just picked up a ton of PSP UMD games in various deals, new and used, this past weekend, about 20 of them total for like $200. Games that are new from LBP to oldies like Capcom Classics Remixed.

Am I going to get all these games at these prices on the PSN? Am I going to be able to sell them all again when I'm done with them, or when Sony releases a new handheld?[/QUOTE]

If price is really that big of a deal you could always start up a PSN PSP gamesharing group and get all of the games for 1/5th the price. Deactivate and sell an account to make back money, etc. It's not perfect but it's not that horrible either.

[quote name='Kanik']If price is really that big of a deal you could always start up a PSN PSP gamesharing group and get all of the games for 1/5th the price. Deactivate and sell an account to make back money, etc. It's not perfect but it's not that horrible either.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to make the assumption that price is a factor to members of a website called "CheapAssGamer".

[quote name='Kanik']Neutered? It has Sixaxis support via blue tooth and savestate support that allows you to quit a game, do something else (like a play another game) then just enter back to the game you were previously playing at the exact moment you left...a feature that can be used to basically bypass a game's start up/loading. Other than UMDs and Custom firmware there is nothing a regular PSP has over the Go.

As for the price...I managed to get a new one on release via dell + coupon + cashback for $180. Though I think since then Bing no longer supports being coupled with coupons.[/QUOTE]

No UMD support. Bye Bye cheap games.
Expensive downloads (you are now a slave to Sony regarding price).
Smaller screen.
Uncomfortable placement of controls.
Hardware more expensive.
Different memory card needed.

I am sure there are more drawbacks but those are just a few off the top of my head. Anyone that chooses a PSPGo over a normal PSP needs to turn in their gamer card.

[quote name='robbrism'] Anyone that chooses a PSPGo over a normal PSP needs to turn in their gamer card.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far, maybe turn in their cheapassgamer card, but not their gamer card. :lol:

[quote name='czissis']I'm going to make the assumption that price is a factor to members of a website called "CheapAssGamer".[/QUOTE]
Haha ya...

[quote name='robbrism']
Uncomfortable placement of controls.
[/QUOTE]
You don't own one, do you? =/

So the real question is if GS is savvy enough to clear any games off the system that were there when it was traded in. (of course probably a lot get traded in when people realize they can't play UMDs on them)

[quote name='distgfx']I wouldn't go that far, maybe turn in their cheapassgamer card, but not their gamer card. :lol:[/QUOTE]

But but but...gamesharing...new releases for $8! *explodes*

[quote name='Kanik']But but but...gamesharing...new releases for $8! *explodes*[/QUOTE]

PSP games have a certain "lock" when gameshared. Basically the 5 people can't play the thing at the same time since you need to be logged in, etc... It doesn't really work out so... yeah.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']PSP games have a certain "lock" when gameshared. Basically the 5 people can't play the thing at the same time since you need to be logged in, etc... It doesn't really work out so... yeah.[/QUOTE]

Correct - gamesharing does not work with PSP like it does with PS3. I love everything about my PSPGo except for the locked in pricing to the PSN store.

Anyway, to stay on topic.. $200 is nice, but people are savages with their electronics. Try finding one that isn't scratched up or has been put into the former owner's mouth.

[quote name='Kanik']You don't own one, do you? =/[/QUOTE]

Nope. I'm not that dumb. But I tend to not be a Kool-Aid drinker.

I have spent plenty of time with them at various stores and holding the Go is more uncomfortable than holding a dualshock controller...and that is saying something. But I do have adult hands and maybe the Go was meant for kids and teenagers.

The stick placement on the Go is quite out of place and holding the actual system makes me feel like I might drop it any second. If cramped hands are your thing, then go for it.

Sorry. Didn't mean to turn this into a Go bashing thread. It just blows my mind that anyone would even consider buying a Go when the normal PSP is out there. I personally think the PSP is a better game system than the DS though I know many would argue with that statement.

[quote name='Kanik']But but but...gamesharing...new releases for $8! *explodes*[/QUOTE]

But but but... not everybody gameshares... new releases for $40! *explodes*

Couldn't resist :lol:

Is gamesharing really that borked? =( Was planning on picking up a second go for my SO so we could play stuff together.

The go has tons of issues, but if you can get one cheap the hardware is completely amazing and worth the hassles, especially if you keep an old psp around for the occasional stuff that isnt on PSN.

If i could get lumines and phantasy star portable on it and then they kept on track of releasing everything new on it, I'd be a pretty happy camper. Just need to flip stuff to stores that sell psn cards to keep games cheapish.

[quote name='vesp']Is gamesharing really that borked? =( Was planning on picking up a second go for my SO so we could play stuff together.
[/QUOTE]
Not exactly. Only one account can be "active" on a system at a time. Up to 5 psp's can have the same account active. They can all play the same PSP game at the same time, but can't all go online on infrastructure at the same time. (because that involved logging in with you PSN ID, and only one ID is allowed online at a time)

So games like Monster Hunter, all 5 people could play together, even over ad-hoc. MotorStorm though, only one user could go online at a time because it uses the PSN for online play. (the number of PSN-online games are few, the big titles consisting of MotorStorm, Star Wars Battlefront and PixelJunk Monsters.)

[quote name='iamthekiller']Pretentious/smug statement of the day.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Guess I am moody today.

Kanik, I was talking about the Sony Kool-Aid for the Go...but I am being an ass, so I will leave it be.

Which in actuality is exactly like the PS3. I tried to Gameshare the Uncharted 2 closedbeta during the summer and me and my friend could only play if the other hadn't logged on within 24 hours.

[quote name='Kanik']Not exactly. Only one account can be "active" on a system at a time. Up to 5 psp's can have the same account active. They can all play the same PSP game at the same time, but can't all go online on infrastructure at the same time. (because that involved logging in with you PSN ID, and only one ID is allowed online at a time)

So games like Monster Hunter, all 5 people could play together, even over ad-hoc. MotorStorm though, only one user could go online at a time because it uses the PSN for online play. (the number of PSN-online games are few, the big titles consisting of MotorStorm, Star Wars Battlefront and PixelJunk Monsters.)[/QUOTE]

Ah that works fine for my purposes, can make a new account buy a second copy of anything that infrastructure is really important to play together. Cool.

[quote name='Rictor']Didn't even realize these were out already. Sony needs to just let the PSP die and try again.[/QUOTE]

Lemme guess: you don't own a PSP and think there are no quality games on the platform. Right?

I love my PSP Go. I still have a PSP-1000 with an existing UMD library that I have not used for the time I've had my Go.

$199 is a fairly good deal... I got mine with some Amazon credit I had which brought the price down significantly.

As far as DD prices are concerned, yeah, it sucks... but at least you can buy DD codes on Amazon. So it's not terrible... but I've already had a lot of DD content anyway, so getting a Go was a good choice.

[quote name='Kanik']If price is really that big of a deal you could always start up a PSN PSP gamesharing group and get all of the games for 1/5th the price. Deactivate and sell an account to make back money, etc. It's not perfect but it's not that horrible either.[/QUOTE]
That sounds like an assload of trouble for just saving a few bucks. Sure it has some nifty features but Sony is still charging a lot more for less features and a price set for games that only THEY can sell you. If Amazon or Gamestop or even Best Buy and Target can also sell you the digital downloads then maybe it'd be a different story. I'd never buy a gaming product that wouldn't give me the option to buy games through a competitive game seller. It's good for them but bad for the consumer.

Hell, even iTunes lets you import CD's from B&M retailers. Why can't Sony do the same thing with UMD games?
[quote name='depward'] As far as DD prices are concerned, yeah, it sucks... but at least you can buy DD codes on Amazon. So it's not terrible... but I've already had a lot of DD content anyway, so getting a Go was a good choice.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? I didn't know Amazon sold PSN games! Please explain because I'd love to get some PS3 or PSP PSN games for cheap.

I know I have posted this complaint before in diff forums b/ transfering DVDs is a pain. Why the heck does Sony not include explicit instructions? I've used 3 diff programs and the Batman/superman movie plays slower than the audio. Bastards!!!

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Wait, what? I didn't know Amazon sold PSN games! Please explain because I'd love to get some PS3 or PSP PSN games for cheap.[/QUOTE]

They do, they're almost always the exact same price as the PSN price. I can only remember once it actually being different.

I decided to go with the GT PSP Bundle at Target with Motor Storm as my free game. I already have a 8 gb pro duo too. So honestly I feel the regular PSP is the best value. Mainly because we can buy UMD games for cheap (Dissidia for $15 is a prime example) Plus the bigger screen is a plus. Simply downloading games for full price is a big turn off for me.

Well I got this yesterday, Pearl White, basically brand new, the lady who bought it didn't know it was a download only system for her kid....Whatev.

I love this thing, it's awesome, the stick and button placements are way better than the 3000, my hand would cramp up immensely when using the stick on the 3000.

The downside like everyone has stated is the price of the games, but being able to switch games without having to switch UMD's is awesome...

House was rockin' one last night:

housepspgo.jpg
pspgo2.jpg

bread's done
Back