PSPgo Now $69.99 Used @ GameStop

Untamed Sorrow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
167 (100%)
Just picked one up in excellent shape today, great investment if you have a bunch of PSN content. Also noticed the accessories are dirt cheap as well, Happy Hunting !!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronrodgers']How good do the PSP games look when used through component cables? It doesn't do true full screen, right?[/QUOTE]

It's ok, comparable to the Gameboy player for GC if you have one of those. You can also dock the Go and sync a DS3 through a PS3 or PC (using motionjoy) to use as a controller. The pictures aren't great owing to the crappy viewing angle on my ancient LCD but here's a comparison of Yggdra Union on the Go through component:

http://www.sammythieme.com/DSC_0363e.JPG

vs Ygddra Union on the GB Player through component:

http://www.sammythieme.com/DSC_0362e.JPG

I bought one used for $80 on CL. Great toy, very fun to play with. Hard drive space is very substantial. Buttons are very small though.

The PS3 3D Display will display the PSP full screen without the need for tinkering....which I thought was cool...there are also devices on ebay that will do the same thing...I kind of want one but they are pricey.

you could always "zoom" in on your tv if it doesn't fit the full tv screen.

PSP displays in 480p

my 47' HD only displays it in that size but all i do is hit zoom on my tv remote and it still looks great.

[quote name='doc_j88']you could always "zoom" in on your tv if it doesn't fit the full tv screen.

PSP displays in 480p

my 47' HD only displays it in that size but all i do is hit zoom on my tv remote and it still looks great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah true zoom would work...those ebay devices talk about upscaling...I wonder if that's truly the case or not.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']

Was there any other colors besides black and white? I so would like a PSP Go that was metallic green like the PSP 3000 Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Bundle.[/QUOTE]

If you're not afraid to take your psp apart there are plenty of online shops selling complete housings. Red and blue are the only other colors available though.

Picked up a go myself, but had to go to two different stores. One store's psp looked like it got attacked by a dog or something and the charger didn't work. But what worried me the most was almost all of the used ones that I saw still had the previous owners information on them. I was about to format the one that I bought and it turns out that not only is the previous owners information still on the psp but it still has its internal storage full of games and a 8gb memory card that's half full :whistle2:s

But since I'm a good guy, I looked in the system and got they guy's psn, deactivated the system, and sent him a message that told him that all of his information was still on the psp that he sold to gamestop. Then formatted it. But I still cant believe that they don't at least format the systems before they sell them...

hmm have a psp that I haven't touched in years and a brand new 3ds. Still kinda want one of these for some reason tho! (not really feeling iphone gaming)

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Is kingdom hearts BBS on PSN yet?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately No i have a feeling it won't ever make it either....

i've had my PSP go for a year now and as an above poster stated it is THE most portable hand-held gaming system created.

If you have the know how it is a great emulation machine,

Built in bluetooth, DS3 Support. 16gb built in storage

Honestly this device SHOULDN'T have failed. It was ahead of its time. Its just People weren't ready for the digital age and the price tag was a wee bit high.

I am tempted by this, particularly since I have about $30 of Gamestop credit. Anyone know if you can transfer saves of PSOne games from a PS3 to this? I do have some games that I'm in the middle of that I'd play on this.

[quote name='jkam']Yeah true zoom would work...those ebay devices talk about upscaling...I wonder if that's truly the case or not.[/QUOTE]

It will be upscaled regardless since HDTVs have a native resolution and must stretch all content to fit the screen (it's just that the PSP itself adds back borders so that it can output at 480p). The other devices might do a better job at it, but there's not really a whole lot you can do to make a 480x272 resolution image look very good at larger sizes.

Is there any way to use the online stock locator to track one down?
I can only seem to find new/refurbished listings on Gamestop.com. :S

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Is kingdom hearts BBS on PSN yet?[/QUOTE]

Honestly im not a fan of piracy at all but in this situation id just hack it and pirate the game on the pspgo, its ridiculous its not available

[quote name='Rylin210']Honestly im not a fan of piracy at all but in this situation id just hack it and pirate the game on the pspgo, its ridiculous its not available[/QUOTE]

I guess that's better than buying it on UMD?

I'm interested, but I already have a homebrewed PSP-1000 that I never use and a 3DS that I used for the 2 weeks that I played RE: Revelations, and haven't touched since.

Apparently handheld gaming isn't my thing, yet I continue to try and force myself into it! :bomb:

[quote name='doc_j88']i've had my PSP go for a year now and as an above poster stated it is THE most portable hand-held gaming system created.

If you have the know how it is a great emulation machine,

Built in bluetooth, DS3 Support. 16gb built in storage

Honestly this device SHOULDN'T have failed. It was ahead of its time. Its just People weren't ready for the digital age and the price tag was a wee bit high.[/QUOTE]
I got my Go when it was like $200 2yrs ago and still love it. Best part is that it's actually portable and pocket friendly. I completely agree that the Go shouldn't have failed. Though another turn off people have is that PSN PSP games are still overpriced compared to their UMD counterparts. LMAO I think Tekken 6 PSP is still $40 on PSN.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I am tempted by this, particularly since I have about $30 of Gamestop credit. Anyone know if you can transfer saves of PSOne games from a PS3 to this? I do have some games that I'm in the middle of that I'd play on this.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can transfer you PS1 gamesaves back and forth between the PS3 and Go.

i guess i could get a Go and just play the ISO's of my games on it... has anyone had experience with a hacked system on tv through component cables? I assume there wont be an issue, but then again, you never know.

I have a psp1000 when they were first released.
The only games i have is in iso. I have no UMD games since trade in.
I also got 4gb sony memory sticks, a 8gb stick.
I just purchase a component cable for the psp2000/3000 from Best Buy for $1.99 at the tyson corner, VA best buy location.

Im still debating what is better. A psp 3000 or psp go. Anyone have feedback on the feel/control like when holding/gripping it? Is it relaxing in the hand? Which screen is better 3000 vs GO?

PSP 3000 vs a GO is a tough call. Some prefer the layout of the controls on the 3000. The GO definitely feels cramped until you get used to it. The screen on the GO is actually a little brighter but smaller than the 3000 so it's kind of a trade off. The resolution is the same though so I think it appears a little sharper on the GO.

For me personally I can't really go back to the older psps due to the built in storage of the go's and not having that drive cranking noise is a plus for me. I think the only thing I miss is the dpad as it's a bit flatter on the GO (not bad just not as good as the 3000).

Overall though the portability of the system is unparalleled.

This is tempting but my PSP-1000 has been great for emulation on the go (which is basically all I use it for). I would like the smaller form factor and internal memory.

[quote name='jkam']PSP 3000 vs a GO is a tough call. Some prefer the layout of the controls on the 3000. The GO definitely feels cramped until you get used to it. The screen on the GO is actually a little brighter but smaller than the 3000 so it's kind of a trade off. The resolution is the same though so I think it appears a little sharper on the GO.

For me personally I can't really go back to the older psps due to the built in storage of the go's and not having that drive cranking noise is a plus for me. I think the only thing I miss is the dpad as it's a bit flatter on the GO (not bad just not as good as the 3000).

Overall though the portability of the system is unparalleled.[/QUOTE]

Cant the go add another 16Gb stick? (I know the go has 16GB built in)

[quote name='jkam']PSP 3000 vs a GO is a tough call. Some prefer the layout of the controls on the 3000. The GO definitely feels cramped until you get used to it. The screen on the GO
sig.jpg
is actually a little brighter but smaller than the 3000 so it's kind of a trade off. The resolution is the same though so I think it appears a little sharper on the GO.

Overall though the portability of the system is unparalleled.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this.

[quote name='The Punisher']Cant the go add another 16Gb stick? (I know the go has 16GB built in)[/QUOTE]

Yes the one I sport has 32GB total. I opted for the cheaper sandisk m2 card. It's got slow write speeds but the games play fine once on the card.

Ah... i'm incredibly tempted to bite on this one. I'd love playing FF on the go. However, I kinda wanna wait to see if the Vita has more enticing games. No sense to buy both if i plan on it in the future. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Couldn't resist this even though I picked up a Vita about 2 weeks ago. This will be nice to catch up on psp games that I missed. If I could now get it to connect to my router...

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Are people finding "new converted to used" systems, or just used ones?[/QUOTE]

mine was definitely used, but in good shape.

Since I already own a vita and have plenty of memory, I don't really see how I would really use this. Psone support will be available for the Vita soon also. Are any other Vita owners in the same position?

I think I'm gonna bite on this mainly for ff6 and grandia. There are so many great old rpg's...it'd be a shame to not get it at this price.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Since I already own a vita and have plenty of memory, I don't really see how I would really use this. Psone support will be available for the Vita soon also. Are any other Vita owners in the same position?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm in the same boat. I have a Vita as well as a PSP 2000, but I'm tempted by the Go partially because it's small, and partially because I'm in a gotta-have-em-all mood right now. I have no idea why I need this, but it's a neat little piece of hardware.

Best Buy currently sells the PSP Go for $99.99 brand new. New PS2 Slims cost $59.99. there. My local Best Buy sold all of their PS2s last time I was there and sold the next to last PSP Go, so I picked up the last one. It came with 3 downloadable games, though I already paid $5.99 for an new copy of Socom FTB 3 at Target last year, own Ratchet and Clank on the PS2, and got LBP for free from Sony already.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Since I already own a vita and have plenty of memory, I don't really see how I would really use this. Psone support will be available for the Vita soon also. Are any other Vita owners in the same position?[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and bought one. I'm really just using my vita for vita games. The psp go is so compact its perfect for day to day travel and old rpg's that has been brought up.

The PSPGo would be handy for anyone who wants to play the few PSP RPGs still coming out and don't have a current PSP.

It really sucks stuff like Gungnir and Growlanser aren't day 1 PSN on Vita. Who knows when Sony will get around to them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: 4gb memory cards for this are $6 at Kmart now, in case you wanna add a lil memory to the system. The 2gb memory cards are $4.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Memory-Stick-SDMSM2-008G-K-Package/dp/B001H9V3HW

I was thinking of grabbing this.

Pertaining to the PSP Go itself, I have been following this thread since it was posted and have been contemplating this whole time. I have over $100 credit for Best Buy and was unaware that it was $100 new there if I could find it.

There is no way to really tell that the PSP Go is brand new/converted to used at GS unless you inspect it physically correct?

If that is the case I may just bite the bullet and drop an extra $30 for a new one at Best Buy if I can find one.

[quote name='DirtyBill']Couldn't resist this even though I picked up a Vita about 2 weeks ago. This will be nice to catch up on psp games that I missed. If I could now get it to connect to my router...[/QUOTE]

Not sure I understand. Does the psp go have router connection issues?

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Not sure I understand. Does the psp go have router connection issues?[/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with the firewall on your router. Mine shows up when I scan but it is greyed out and won't allow me to connect. I've had mine for awhile and I still haven't been able to get it to connect anywhere.

bread's done
Back