PSPgo Now $69.99 Used @ GameStop

Untamed Sorrow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
167 (100%)
Just picked one up in excellent shape today, great investment if you have a bunch of PSN content. Also noticed the accessories are dirt cheap as well, Happy Hunting !!

Last edited by a moderator:
am i the only one who is looking at buying this to actually PLAY on the handheld?

Most posts I'm reading are talking about hooking up to the TV and whatnot. Seems to me like the quality would suck compared to the graphic ratio of the GO screen.

Still on the edge about this system. I really just need to go check Gamestop and see what it's all about lol. But for the life of me, i havent stepped into a Gamestop in what seems like eons; Best Buy has become my new trade/game store

[quote name='jcp42877']am i the only one who is looking at buying this to actually PLAY on the handheld?

Most posts I'm reading are talking about hooking up to the TV and whatnot. Seems to me like the quality would suck compared to the graphic ratio of the GO screen.

Still on the edge about this system. I really just need to go check Gamestop and see what it's all about lol. But for the life of me, i havent stepped into a Gamestop in what seems like eons; Best Buy has become my new trade/game store[/QUOTE]

The good thing about buying an used go is that a lot of them should be in good condition. Mine was in perfect shape. I also own a vita, and prefer playing psp games on the vita, but loving playing ps1 classics on the go. I prefer it to playing them on my ps3.

Thanks OP! I picked up a white one today. It was sold to me as "used" but it was still sealed! So far I am loving it, enjoying playing my ps1 classics.

I picked up a white one today. I am excited to use it for ps1 classics. Are there any other cool things you can use the system for?

[quote name='mcgavin27']I picked up a white one today. I am excited to use it for ps1 classics. Are there any other cool things you can use the system for?[/QUOTE]

emulators like GBA

If I didn't have a vita this system would be perfect. But I do have a vita, and am worried I will not get much use out of mine in the long run, so still debating on whether I should take it back or not.

Is there a way to buy used PSP games, load them to your :ps3: and then transfer them to the go?
The lack of being able to play used games on the Go is really what's holding me back.

[quote name='eldergamer']Is there a way to buy used PSP games, load them to your :ps3: and then transfer them to the go?
The lack of being able to play used games on the Go is really what's holding me back.[/QUOTE]

You mean turning physical copies into digital ones? No. Not in NA anyway.

[quote name='jcp42877']am i the only one who is looking at buying this to actually PLAY on the handheld?

Still on the edge about this system. I really just need to go check Gamestop and see what it's all about lol. But for the life of me, i havent stepped into a Gamestop in what seems like eons; Best Buy has become my new trade/game store[/QUOTE]
If the price of the component cable goes down a lil more at Kmart I might grab one to be able to play this on my HDtv. But as it stands, at least 1-2 of the games I have for it(5 in 1 arcade especially) are already playable on the PS3. So that's the kind of games I'm really looking for when I go on the store to buy stuff anymore, so at least then I can have it on 2 PS3's via gameshare and my Go.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If the price of the component cable goes down a lil more at Kmart I might grab one to be able to play this on my HDtv. But as it stands, at least 1-2 of the games I have for it(5 in 1 arcade especially) are already playable on the PS3. So that's the kind of games I'm really looking for when I go on the store to buy stuff anymore, so at least then I can have it on 2 PS3's via gameshare and my Go.;)[/QUOTE]

PSP Go component cable is still $10.

PSP 2000/3000 (says on box) is $2.99 at Best buy in Tysons Corner, VA best buy area (not mall..but about 10 mins from there)

I seen ity for $9.99 at other Best buy so Ymmv

Well just went to my local GS that had some Go's. Only had one left and it turned out to be a white one. Didn't open it in-store as I got caught up talking to the employee about "why in the hell i'd want a GO compared to the free Vita Sony gave him, etc.."

Not too much use...a little scuffing away of the "Y" on the Sony logo, but everything seems to be in good shape.

What I AM a bit disappointed at is that I only have 14gb of space left and I see no Killzone Liberation or anything on sight on the system...

Guess it's too much to hope for.

I'll tinker with it a few days and if I don't like it...back to the store it goes for a refund.

[quote name='jcp42877']Well just went to my local GS that had some Go's. Only had one left and it turned out to be a white one. Didn't open it in-store as I got caught up talking to the employee about "why in the hell i'd want a GO compared to the free Vita Sony gave him, etc.."

Not too much use...a little scuffing away of the "Y" on the Sony logo, but everything seems to be in good shape.

What I AM a bit disappointed at is that I only have 14gb of space left and I see no Killzone Liberation or anything on sight on the system...

Guess it's too much to hope for.

I'll tinker with it a few days and if I don't like it...back to the store it goes for a refund.[/QUOTE]
The missing 2gb's is probably for system related stuff just like the PS3 reserves a portion of the HDD on that system for fw updates and what not.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']If I didn't have a vita this system would be perfect. But I do have a vita, and am worried I will not get much use out of mine in the long run, so still debating on whether I should take it back or not.[/QUOTE]

You won't believe how much the GS employee I bought my Go from tried to Convince me on the Vita. Even to the extent of pulling his out and showing me how it operated (as if I haven't tried it out for myself at Best Buy...). Saying Sony had huge plans for it, how it did things the iPhone hasn't even been able to do, etc. and how he got his free from Sony for working at GameStop. I straight up told him I have a 360 and that gets my "huge" title fix and that I only wanted the GO for craps and giggles for playing psONE classics and a few cheap PSP titles.

Still spent 15 mins talking with him though. I think he was just against Microsoft because they haven't sent him anything free in his GS career life while Sony has..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The missing 2gb's is probably for system related stuff just like the PS3 reserves a portion of the HDD on that system for fw updates and what not.[/QUOTE]

This ^^

Same thing happens with ALL hard-drives. Go look at your xbox or ps3. Its used for system data, fw updates, etc.

[quote name='jcp42877']You won't believe how much the GS employee I bought my Go from tried to Convince me on the Vita. Even to the extent of pulling his out and showing me how it operated (as if I haven't tried it out for myself at Best Buy...). Saying Sony had huge plans for it, how it did things the iPhone hasn't even been able to do, etc. and how he got his free from Sony for working at GameStop. I straight up told him I have a 360 and that gets my "huge" title fix and that I only wanted the GO for craps and giggles for playing psONE classics and a few cheap PSP titles.

Still spent 15 mins talking with him though. I think he was just against Microsoft because they haven't sent him anything free in his GS career life while Sony has..[/QUOTE]
Yah, I actually tell people to get it if they are looking for mobility and dont want to carry around PSP discs. I have a PSPgo and a Vita, and I personally like the PSPgo when I'm traveling since it's easier to put in my pocket as opposed to the Vita which is a lot bigger.

I hate when people ask me to recommend them a game and have no idea what to get or dont tell me what they like. It's pretty much a shot in the dark for the most part.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The missing 2gb's is probably for system related stuff just like the PS3 reserves a portion of the HDD on that system for fw updates and what not.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much. I'll take an extensive look at the PSN store prices, and if it's too much for my liking, I may just take the whole thing back.

I'd like to actually support the devs by buying games. And there really are only a handful I want, so I'll have to seriously ponder on this. $90 (tax + RE6 preorder) really could go a ways for me: Dawnguard DLC, gas, etc.

The only benefit I see is that for preordering a game, he gave me a free 1 yr warranty on the GO.

[quote name='jcp42877']I figured as much. I'll take an extensive look at the PSN store prices, and if it's too much for my liking, I may just take the whole thing back.

I'd like to actually support the devs by buying games. And there really are only a handful I want, so I'll have to seriously ponder on this. $90 (tax + RE6 preorder) really could go a ways for me: Dawnguard DLC, gas, etc.

The only benefit I see is that for preordering a game, he gave me a free 1 yr warranty on the GO.[/QUOTE]
I'm considering the re-release of Tomba, which is supposed to be a PS1 classic I think, as well as buying the original Silent Hill for my Go. At least then I can gameshare the games to my buddy who has my old 120gb PS3 as well as putting it on my Go and my current PS3. So then it comes out to $3 a slot for Tomba and $2 a slot for SH.

Of course, I haven't really signed into PSN on the Go as of yet, so I don't know if they limit it to one PSP and one PS3 for the classics or not.

[quote name='jcp42877']I figured as much. I'll take an extensive look at the PSN store prices, and if it's too much for my liking, I may just take the whole thing back.

The only benefit I see is that for preordering a game, he gave me a free 1 yr warranty on the GO.[/QUOTE]

Most of the games on psn are pretty over priced, and don't see reductions often. If you have ps plus it might be worth it, as you get frequent discounts. I think for psp titles on the psn alone, it's not worth it. But with ps1 titles, minis, and dualshock 3 support it can be.

This may come off as a dickish, but buying games after the console is dead in the water and retailers are clearing the games out on fire sale isn't exactly "supporting the devs", no matter how you slice it. most developers rely on software launch sales to recoup losses. If you really want to support a developer find out when their next game comes out and buy it within 2 months of release. At this point though, the only people profiting off your purchase are Sony, and the publisher.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Most of the games on psn are pretty over priced, and don't see reductions often. If you have ps plus it might be worth it, as you get frequent discounts. I think for psp titles on the psn alone, it's not worth it. But with ps1 titles, minis, and dualshock 3 support it can be.

This may come off as a dickish, but buying games after the console is dead in the water and retailers are clearing the games out on fire sale isn't exactly "supporting the devs", no matter how you slice it. most developers rely on software launch sales to recoup losses. If you really want to support a developer find out when their next game comes out and buy it within 2 months of release. At this point though, the only people profiting off your purchase are Sony, and the publisher.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most of the prices on the store are ridiculous. It makes me wonder if I should have went with a 3000 instead, but I prefer the go for portability reasons.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Most of the games on psn are pretty over priced, and don't see reductions often. If you have ps plus it might be worth it, as you get frequent discounts. I think for psp titles on the psn alone, it's not worth it. But with ps1 titles, minis, and dualshock 3 support it can be.

This may come off as a dickish, but buying games after the console is dead in the water and retailers are clearing the games out on fire sale isn't exactly "supporting the devs", no matter how you slice it. most developers rely on software launch sales to recoup losses. If you really want to support a developer find out when their next game comes out and buy it within 2 months of release. At this point though, the only people profiting off your purchase are Sony, and the publisher.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no offense taken man. I just perused the PSN catalog and I've found most games for my liking aren't worth it. Sure $9.99 isn't much for a full release title, but once MGS Portable Ops, GoW CoO/GoS, SH 1, RE 1,2,3 adds up..it's over $50. Not much for my liking.

Besides...when the screen is up, the whole handheld just feels awkward to play with, especially the triggers.

Looks like I'm going back tomorrow for a refund... no matter how much i want to play SH 1 and RE classics..

Yeah peace walker alone is still 40$ on the psn. it's no wonder their all digital system failed to take off w/ consumers, when I can get the same games at GameStop for 1/3 o the price on cheaper hardware w a bigger screen.... Most consumers don't understand/need things like a tighter pixel density on the screen, or to play psp games w a dual shock 3.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Yeah peace walker alone is still 40$ on the psn. it's no wonder their all digital system failed to take off w/ consumers, when I can get the same games at GameStop for 1/3 o the price on cheaper hardware w a bigger screen.... Most consumers don't understand/need things like a tighter pixel density on the screen, or to play psp games w a dual shock 3.[/QUOTE]

Well I had to be sure, so I played the GoW CoO demo and while I found the gameplay fluid(ish), te graphics all seemed to run together on the Go's somewhat small screen. With that, plus the awkward "holding of the console" I mentioned before, I have no real use to play with this thing.

Tempted...dissatisfied...taking back! And they better give me a full refund..

[quote name='jcp42877']
Tempted...dissatisfied...taking back! And they better give me a full refund..[/QUOTE]

As long as you within the 7 days.

[quote name='Squarehard']As long as you within the 7 days.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well I just bought today and only tinkered with the thing, so I'm hopefully good :p

Picked one up on a whim a few days ago after losing out on a PSP in a lowball sale... And I'm pretty satisfied myself. I got it more for playing all the great PSX titles on the go, and I can't complain really. Gonna need the extra storage space, and the price was a little more than I really wanted to do, but I've had the thing glued to my hands for quite some time now.

I have decided to keep my go :). I am going to need a case for it. I will order online or just whatever. Does anyone have any recommendations for cases and where I can buy one?

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I have decided to keep my go :). I am going to need a case for it. I will order online or just whatever. Does anyone have any recommendations for cases and where I can buy one?[/QUOTE]

GameStop should have 2 different types, leather & a neoprene. I have both & I prefer the leather case because it looks stylish but the neoprene case can take an ass whooping plus it has a slot for god knows what lol

[quote name='Dzey']Is the Used PSPgo eligible for the buy 2 get 1 preowned items?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it can not be the free item.

Example: You buy a PSPgo system and 2 pre-owned games, it will qualify for the B2G1 free, but the cheapest of the 2 games is your free game.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I have decided to keep my go :). I am going to need a case for it. I will order online or just whatever. Does anyone have any recommendations for cases and where I can buy one?[/QUOTE]
Kmart is selling a hard case for it for $1.99 on clearance. You get to choose between blue(which I picked up) or basic black. they also have a soft case for it, but that's $10 still I think.:lol::roll:

DealExtreme.com has some aluminum "shells" or "casings" for $4 shipped. If they are anything like the official one my friend got for free when he got he purchased his Go they are really nice. His added some good weight to the system and even made it a bit easier to hold. Since it's just molded aluminum I don't really see any reason to be too hesitant about the Chinese knock-off version. Hell, it says the inside has felt or something which my friend's lacks, so it might be arguably better than the real thing.

http://s.dealextreme.com/search/psp+go+aluminum

[quote name='sasukekun']Yes, but it can not be the free item.

Example: You buy a PSPgo system and 2 pre-owned games, it will qualify for the B2G1 free, but the cheapest of the 2 games is your free game.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm suddenly I am tempted. Too bad it's too early to really find Pokemon Conquest used.

You can get a knockoff soft sleeve (almost exactly like the original one the PSP came with) off ebay for like $1 or $2 shipped. I tried the hard small leather case from sony which is nice but I prefer to just have the console in my hands as opposed to having to pry the case off every time.

I think the system plays perfectly and is super compact which is great.

What I don't like, is browsing a few titles I want to play an seeing the games still priced at $19.99, $29.99, and $14.99...

I thought this system was going to be a cheap investment. Doesn't look the case... That's why it's going back to GameStop today.

In a perfect world, Sony would see the steep decline of the PSP at the current time and just heavily discount all the PSP titles on the PSN (minus the PSX classics and such...) Maybe I'm in the Steam state-of-mind, but selling x,xxx copies of forgotten game at $1.99 would be much better than selling xx-xxx copies of forgotten game at $19.99.

Hell, for the "premium" games, I'd happily pay $10 on a good deal of them... With the PSP being pretty much dead in the water now with the Vita out, it would be in the best interest to just have a fire sale on the content left over for the PSP.

Doesn't the Vita also play PSP games? If so, there isn't a reason to have a fire sale, tho it potentially could bode well for future sales and additions to the digital store.

Not really sure, so yeah, it might just be wishful thinking on my part. I wasn't 100% sure as they are having to re-release the PSX classics for the Vita, right? I swore I heard something about that at e3, so I was figuring that PSP games weren't compatible with the Vita. Regardless, who wants to pay $30-$40 for a digital download of an older game?

[quote name='jcp42877']I think the system plays perfectly and is super compact which is great.

What I don't like, is browsing a few titles I want to play an seeing the games still priced at $19.99, $29.99, and $14.99...

I thought this system was going to be a cheap investment. Doesn't look the case... That's why it's going back to GameStop today.[/QUOTE]

Too bad you didn't have a regular PSP, because with the very easy to install custom firmware (on both the PSP and the PSPgo), you could convert any UMD's that you buy as images (as games on UMD are indeed cheaper than the same titles on PSN) & place them on your PSPgo no problem.

I wish that SCEA came with a valid solution regarding letting you bring your UMD collection to both the Vita & the PSPgo. They do have a program in Japan that lets users buy downloadable versions of their UMD collection on PSN with a discount, but nothing is in place here unfortunately.

I personally use my PSPgo as more of a portable media device as my hands are way too big to play comfortably. Between using it for music, some videos (anime on the go!) & having a few games on there (specifically some RPG's & minis that don't involve any crazy control schemes), it has more than worked for what my needs are.

I'm tempted at the Vita deal BBY has going on...but I think all this handheld desire is hugely impulse on my part and I wouldn't be a good steward of my money to aimlessly buy the Vita.

As it is now, I barely have enough time to play my 360 and that's titles I REALLY want to beat (MP3, Dawnguard DLC, Walking Dead Ep 2..my recent playlist).

I'm so busy working and hanging with my gf that when I finally get home, I either crash, or end up on Netflix.

I think a handheld would just be a huge waste of money, even though some Vita titles I'd like to play (but the prices are still crazy high for a handheld..)

Finally picked one up. This mixed with the cheap PSP Go accessories is a great deal. I've got a PSP 3000, but the portability of the Go is well worth it.

Why do people keep saying PSP games are $30-40? Yeah, some are, but there are a ton of fun PSP games that are $9.99 and below.

I'm gonna pick up a PSP 3000 tonight though. This will be the third time I've bought a PSP.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why do people keep saying PSP games are $30-40? Yeah, some are, but there are a ton of fun PSP games that are $9.99 and below.

I'm gonna pick up a PSP 3000 tonight though. This will be the third time I've bought a PSP.[/QUOTE]

True. But some are just ridiculously over priced.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Can somebody recommend the best accessories at Gamestop to go with this; I just bought a brand new (used) pearl white today.[/QUOTE]
The dock and component cables are fun to play with, especially if you have a spare Sixaxis or DS3 lying around.

bread's done
Back