PStwo cooling

jngx80

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just wondering if the new slimmer PS2 gets hot after a few hours of playing.

Debating on whether I should trade in my old PS2 for credit and use it towards the newer one. I've been having freezing problems playing Kingdom Hearts on mine; right now I have it standing vertically which has solved the problems but I don't know how long it'll last.

I wonder if the new systems would be more reliable. It seems to be built for portability so I would assume it's more sturdy.

I really see no place for a fan. This thing's just so thin. Still miffed about the old MultiTap being unusable with the redesigned system, though.

Completely ridiculous.

It has an interal cooling system fan inside the console now I think, so there's less noise. As for the multi-tap issue, Sony is releasing a new model to fit into the new PSTwo.

after 2 hours you can feal the heat I would be willing to bet this is going to lead to pre-mature burn ups on this console

[quote name='evilmojo12542']after 2 hours you can feal the heat I would be willing to bet this is going to lead to pre-mature burn ups on this console[/quote]

What?!? A Playstation product that has quality problems? Never! This is truly an unprecidented event

[quote name='evilmojo12542']after 2 hours you can feal the heat I would be willing to bet this is going to lead to pre-mature burn ups on this console[/quote]

That's a bunch of bullshit. I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I just played GTA3 for 3 hours and there was no heat. :roll:

[quote name='MasterLin1'] As for the multi-tap issue, Sony is releasing a new model to fit into the new PSTwo.[/quote]

Yeah, but this doesnt fix the fact that I'm gonna have shell out another $20+ if i want 4 players on the new model...

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='evilmojo12542']after 2 hours you can feal the heat I would be willing to bet this is going to lead to pre-mature burn ups on this console[/quote]

That's a bunch of bullshit. I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I just played GTA3 for 3 hours and there was no heat. :roll:[/quote]

You're right, dude. People are starting the Sony bashing already. Granted in the past I have hated Sony and their crappy game consoles/support for them (I had tons of problems with my PSX and launch PS2). But got a PStwo yesterday and played GTA:SA for 5 hours and the system had a little heat, but nothing more than should be more than normal. Plus they have a year warranty now, which tells me Sony is finally starting to support their game consoles like they should. I am surprised by this move and now I have more faith in Sony. Plus they actually acknowledge the PS2 DREs and will repair systems for that problem now, which they never even used to admit they had a problem.

Kind of a thread steal so sorry but I just wanna ask a quick Q:

Does anyone know if the PsTwo will have better load times than the PS2? Idk the new system's specs. Maybe this is just wishful thinking? I'm only asking because I get impatient when I have to wait for GTA:SA to load for 3-4 seconds every 10 minutes.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Considering the outstanding craftsmanship of PS2 consoles (/end sarcasm), I wouldn't be surprised.[/quote]

As suppose to the greatness of the gamecude controller and the xbox DVD remote. They have all made mistakes luckly none of them have been system killers

I just bought a PStwo, and I was worried that because of its size it would get really hot- but I left it on overnight a few days ago and it was totally fine. As for load times, I played GTA:SA on my friend's first generation PS2 and compared it with my PStwo, and it did seem like the load times were just a little faster on mine though not by much.

[quote name='weaponx666'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='evilmojo12542']after 2 hours you can feal the heat I would be willing to bet this is going to lead to pre-mature burn ups on this console[/quote]

That's a bunch of bullshit. I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I just played GTA3 for 3 hours and there was no heat. :roll:[/quote]

You're right, dude. People are starting the Sony bashing already. Granted in the past I have hated Sony and their crappy game consoles/support for them (I had tons of problems with my PSX and launch PS2). But got a PStwo yesterday and played GTA:SA for 5 hours and the system had a little heat, but nothing more than should be more than normal. Plus they have a year warranty now, which tells me Sony is finally starting to support their game consoles like they should. I am surprised by this move and now I have more faith in Sony. Plus they actually acknowledge the PS2 DREs and will repair systems for that problem now, which they never even used to admit they had a problem.[/quote]

When I got my PS2 in March 2001, it came with a one year warranty....

[quote name='twolvesfan21']I just bought a PStwo, and I was worried that because of its size it would get really hot- but I left it on overnight a few days ago and it was totally fine. As for load times, I played GTA:SA on my friend's first generation PS2 and compared it with my PStwo, and it did seem like the load times were just a little faster on mine though not by much.[/quote]

Did you leave it on playing overnight or just in stand by mode? Just curious.

Decided to keep my old ps2 since it seemed to be working pretty good and just in case I ever decide to buy a hard drive.

bread's done
Back