PSTwo purchasers/owners sign here

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
Present and accounted for... EB said no reserve and I'd wait till Nov at the earliest... called up my good contact at Gamestop, and a traded PS2 and sacrificable games later, I have my PSTwo on my shelf... it is as small as you hear and it's as quiet as the most recent PS2 model... I love it...

I have it pre-ordered, but my damn EB doesn't have it yet. Every other store in my area does though.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I'm scared it wont play DVD-r though

but I reserved it....anyone know the answer?[/quote]

an important question since i have a ton of dvd-r movies

It's funny my first generation PS2 can play DVDrs so I'd assume the possibility would have to rest on the quality of the burn.

Does anyone know how easy it is to play imports? Is there anything like the freeloader for the GCN, except for the PS2? There's a whole lot of Japan only games, and I've finanlly decided to get into imports. It's ability in that area will determine my decision to purchase.

It's a little early to start talking imports, Being a top loader might make it a little easier on the end user but it's still going to take time for hackers to figure out how ti do it and if there IS an easier way at all.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Is the lack of a hard drive the only drawback?[/quote]

There's also the flip top instead of the disc tray, may be good or bad

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Does anyone know how easy it is to play imports? Is there anything like the freeloader for the GCN, except for the PS2? There's a whole lot of Japan only games, and I've finanlly decided to get into imports. It's ability in that area will determine my decision to purchase.[/quote]

wait a sec......since its a flip-top, that would mean it would work good with wap magic right? ull just have to make sure that there is a way to fool the system into thinking that the lid is closed. If this system is anything like the psone or psx, this shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='MorPhiend']Is the lack of a hard drive the only drawback?[/quote]

There's also the flip top instead of the disc tray, may be good or bad[/quote]

I thought that that would be bad as well when it was first announced (seeing how the only top loading system that I've ever been pleased with is the GCN), but everyone else on here seemed to think that was a good thing. What's everyone's opinion on the top-loading aspect?

[quote name='ykryptonite13']damn, didn't even know the PStwo was out already. wuts the MSRP for this thing?[/quote]

$150... and you have to get an ISP for the online? That blows... I have Comcast broadband, will that work on a PSTwo?

[quote name='Fatesealer'] $150... and you have to get an ISP for the online? That blows... I have Comcast broadband, will that work on a PSTwo?[/quote]

How exactly would you expect to get online otherwise? I dont see why comcast wouldnt work, though you might need a hub or a router as per usual.. I'm using internet sharing on mine.

I got mine yesterday. It is so small it's unbelievable. It's almost invisible in my entertainment center now. The manual actually seems like it may be just as heavy as the system itself. After looking at how cool and great it is I ended up ordering a Logitech Wireless since I thought it would look better. To give you guys a little perspective, your memory card is almost twice as tall as the entire system. Seems pretty delicate though. I do not want to see this thing drop or someone step on it. I got mine at Gamestop as they had a few extra ones in my area yesterday but they're all gone now. The only weird thing is that it has a brick in the middle of the power cord which is a little inconvenient but on the whole it's awesome and I love it. I know these things will sell like hotcakes once they're widely available. I wasn't even planning on getting one but when I took my brother to get one and I saw it I had no choice :lol:

FYI: Sorry I do have Comcast and I can confirm that my online works fine, you just have to choose other provider in the new network disc that comes with it.

I'm loving mine. It looks great and i like the top loading design. My old PS2 was starting to die so I'm gonna trade it in for $100 before it does. Plus I have a network adapter so I'll be getting the PSTwo almost for free in the end. And no more ugly network adapter hanging off the back!!

[quote name='Trakan']I have it pre-ordered, but my damn EB doesn't have it yet. Every other store in my area does though.[/quote]

Same here, man. Pretty annoying.

The quote I got from the manager when I pre-ordered was, "Sony has assured me that we are getting them before everyone else."

Uh huh.

Now a question for the owners who have picked there systems up, I have the logitech cordless controller already is there enough clearence to plug in the sensor in the new PS2. My main concern is that the sensor for the controller is a little bit bigger the the normal plug for the controller, and it seems that the controller ports are very flush with the bottom of the system.

[quote name='megashock5'][quote name='Trakan']I have it pre-ordered, but my damn EB doesn't have it yet. Every other store in my area does though.[/quote]

The quote I got from the manager when I pre-ordered was, "Sony has assured me that we are getting them before everyone else."

Uh huh.[/quote]

I just got off the phone with my EB and the guy said they should have them in by the end of November at the latest, I told him they have them at Wal-mart and Gamestop and he told me I must be wrong because the Sony rep said that EB would have them first before any other stores. :roll:

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='megashock5'][quote name='Trakan']I have it pre-ordered, but my damn EB doesn't have it yet. Every other store in my area does though.[/quote]

Uh huh.[/quote]

I just got off the phone with my EB and the guy said they should have them in by the end of November at the latest, I told him they have them at Wal-mart and Gamestop and he told me I must be wrong because the Sony rep said that EB would have them first before any other stores. :roll:[/quote]

Yeah, last night when I saw them at my TRU, I called up EB to see if they had them in also. Nope. He was surprised. If I were you, I'd go buy one at GS or Wal-Mart if you don't have it pre-ordered at EB and show it to the asshole. :roll:

I called up the local eb I preordered at and asked when they expected them in. Got the lovely response " This week...... we're hoping." That gave me a laugh.

That's what we were told at EBU (our yearly conference down in Florida) earlier this month. Why other stores got them before us surprises the hell out of me.

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='Fatesealer'] $150... and you have to get an ISP for the online? That blows... I have Comcast broadband, will that work on a PSTwo?[/quote]

How exactly would you expect to get online otherwise? I dont see why comcast wouldnt work, though you might need a hub or a router as per usual.. I'm using internet sharing on mine.[/quote]

I guess Fatesealer has that new high speed through telepathy service.

Damn, it's so tempting to pick up one of these things. The only thing that's holding me back is no HDD compatability. I don't think I can let go of my HDD...

Got a call early afternoon that I could pick it up. Clerk was telling me they got 60 preorders but only 24 systems in right now. Makes me glad I didn't procrastinate too badly on trading my system in.

I posted this somewhere else, but it may help some people if you're willing to go through the trouble.

My brother-in-law called EB and told them to go buy them from Wal-Mart to cover all the pre-orders (at least for the two of us). Apparently the guy called his district manager who stopped and bought two from WM. Supposed to pick them up at EB tonight.

Not something I would likely do, but my brother-in-law is nuts. In a good way. :)

[quote name='Alpha2']It's funny my first generation PS2 can play DVDrs so I'd assume the possibility would have to rest on the quality of the burn.[/quote]

Actually the first generation ps2s didnt have DVD-r playback. You probably got a slightly later model. Again, can anyone confirm that the new ones play dvd-rs?

My two questions are:

-Does the normal PS2 multitap work? A magazine report said it wouldn't but other people have contradicted this.

-Is it REALLY easy to accidentally send this thing flying if you yank back the controller cord? This isn't really an issue with the way my gaming rig is set up, but it could be an issue for some people. I've personally witnessed the destruction of a PS2 due to controller yank, so I'm wondering if it's even more of a problem with this lighter model.

Any confirmation on these things would be appreciated!

[quote name='tribopii'][quote name='Alpha2']It's funny my first generation PS2 can play DVDrs so I'd assume the possibility would have to rest on the quality of the burn.[/quote]

Actually the first generation ps2s didnt have DVD-r playback. You probably got a slightly later model. Again, can anyone confirm that the new ones play dvd-rs?[/quote]

No miine is a Launch system, I picked it up on day one.

I got mine yesterday from walmart. I forgot to preorder it and got lucky that walmart had some. It is so small and looks very cool.

Just got back from picking up my PStwo. The guy offered me a 1-year warranty for $15 :)shock:), and proceeded to explain how his PlayStation died three times on him. After raving about how he highly, highly recommends that I get the warranty, I told him that I'll pass. He just looked at me in silence for a full three seconds (there were plenty of people in line behind me), then said, "Your funeral." :rofl:

i bought one.... and i have 4 on layaway.... in case ebay prices sky-rocket.... if anyone is ahving trouble finding one PM me.... my wallyworld has plenty, we can work something out!

I thought about buying multiple consoles for use on ebay, but I never got around to it. They have very many at the local stores here as well.

This sucks... according to IGN, the multitap phyically doesn't fit in the PStwo ports! Apparently the new spacing between the memory card and controller ports are the problem. I was gung ho about this but now I'm not sure.

[quote name='BustaUppa']This sucks... according to IGN, the multitap phyically doesn't fit in the PStwo ports! Apparently the new spacing between the memory card and controller ports are the problem. I was gung ho about this but now I'm not sure.[/quote]

Sony will make redesigned ones for the PStwo.

I'm glad I sold my PS2 + Multitap Sony really sucks in terms of charging for obvious accesories.

Its awesome that the PS2 Slim is already out, I may pick one up when I get GTA:SA

I heard this thing can't read blue discs. Is that correct? I am thinking of getting one but not if I can't play MvC 2...

bread's done
Back