(PSV)$30 Soul Sacrifice, $20 Sly, $21 Smart As, $85 32GB Mem @ BB(AMZ)

Good deal on Soul Sacrifice. Sunk well over 100 hours into that game and there are 2 more free 100kb dlc packs scheduled. First vita game that made me wish i had one of those handgrips.

The free dlc this week had 2 new bosses. I will be replaying it to level up 99 light instead of my 99 dark build. Dark is good for finishing all of the extra forgotten pacts where you cannot take a single hit of damage because you get more attack power. Light gives you more health. I figure with 99 light I can do a survivability build and get my damage from all the advanced sigils. This game is a bit grindy but has a lot of replayability if you like playing with stats. I do hope they nerf the throw ablity though. It does too much damage and procs the frozen states so well.

The only free downloadable weapons that were worth downloading were the melee swords. They had more damage, but severely less casts so they were sorta useful. And I wish I hadn't installed the japanese voiceover pack because it takes up half a GB, i dont use it much and there's no way to delete it without uninstalling the game as far as i'm aware. Someone correct me? plz. i could really use that space.

I'm going to hold off for $50 again on the 32gb card and shift games on and off mine. I hope sony announces cheaper memory cards at e3 moreso than reducing the price on the vita or creating a new model. That would save people the most money.

[quote name='thrifty1']Good deal on Soul Sacrifice. Sunk well over 100 hours into that game and there are 2 more free 100kb dlc packs scheduled. First vita game that made me wish i had one of those handgrips.

The free dlc this week had 2 new bosses. I will be replaying it to level up 99 light instead of my 99 dark build. Dark is good for finishing all of the extra forgotten pacts where you cannot take a single hit of damage because you get more attack power. Light gives you more health. I figure with 99 light I can do a survivability build and get my damage from all the advanced sigils. This game is a bit grindy but has a lot of replayability if you like playing with stats. I do hope they nerf the throw ablity though. It does too much damage and procs the frozen states so well.

The only free downloadable weapons that were worth downloading were the melee swords. They had more damage, but severely less casts so they were sorta useful. And I wish I hadn't installed the japanese voiceover pack because it takes up half a GB, i dont use it much and there's no way to delete it without uninstalling the game as far as i'm aware. Someone correct me? plz. i could really use that space.

I'm going to hold off for $50 again on the 32gb card and shift games on and off mine. I hope sony announces cheaper memory cards at e3 moreso than reducing the price on the vita or creating a new model. That would save people the most money.[/QUOTE]

There are also another like 6 or so packs coming for free too.

[quote name='Gosha']5 bucks more to get the PS3/Vita combo version of Sly Cooper on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I see it at $30. What witchcraft have you worked to lower it to $25? lol

Hmmmm Just got $5 BB credit from the 3ds sale the other week. Soul Sacrifice so tempting but still playing Monster Hunter :(

[quote name='thrifty1']Good deal on Soul Sacrifice. Sunk well over 100 hours into that game and there are 2 more free 100kb dlc packs scheduled. First vita game that made me wish i had one of those handgrips.

I'm going to hold off for $50 again on the 32gb card and shift games on and off mine. I hope sony announces cheaper memory cards at e3 moreso than reducing the price on the vita or creating a new model. That would save people the most money.[/QUOTE]

I love Soul Sacrifice, but I finally got burned out after they released the Dullahan & Behemoth DLC. So I'm just going to wait till they release the next DLC.

I agree, throws should be nerfed or melee weapons should get a buff. Honestly if you plan on going for Divine, I would only do it for acquiring the leftover sigils you might need. Otherwise, imo divine really requires a huge buff in future updates. They are essentially weaker than a neutral in every aspect. As a Neutral I can have 2000 HP, and maintain timesand for up to 16 secs, not to mention tank bosses & if needed DPS at the same time with Iron Pinwheels & Cursed Talismans.

Sadly no fix yet for the japanese vo issue, i'm in the same boat. The good thing is they do listen to the community, they fixed the OP blankets (you used to be able to place 4), and with the 1.10 Update they also nerfed SDS, you can no longer use Ice Armor and be able to move freely like before.

I recommend anyone that even has a slight interest in Soul Sacrifice to get it, the game is being immensely supported, and plans for DLC don't seem to be stopping anytime soon. The free DLCs that will coming out are just the appetizers. We already got a new black rite, and another black rite called "Angelus" is in-bound.

Easily one of the top games for the Vita, right next to P4G.

Yep same here. Bought. The demo was pretty interesting of Soul Sacrifice, though I was thoroughly confused (still a bit confused, but it reminds me enough of Monster Hunter that I liked it!).

It's an incredibly fun game guys, you'll definitely enjoy it. It certainly has that Monster Hunter & Demon/Dark Souls vibe to it.

If anything, you'll just be disappointed by how fast time flies. I racked up about 200+ hours during May, lol.

i liked soul but with the massive backlog i had i just could not get into it.... i would get it for 20 maybe (doubtful)

mostly not trying to buy much cause back log

rightnow (what i already paid for)

Denpa men 2 3ds will last me hopefully till mid june (or even long game is sob hard in some spots)
class of heroes 2 (right after men) will last me easy to mid july
Shin Megami Tensei IV will last me easy to mid aug
Mario rpg 3ds will last me to Sept if not longer

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Why are you reposting what was stickied days ago for the weekly ad thread? I know you live to be an op but find some original info.[/QUOTE]

This is why people miss out on deals.

[quote name='slidecage']i liked soul but with the massive backlog i had i just could not get into it.... i would get it for 20 maybe (doubtful)

mostly not trying to buy much cause back log

rightnow (what i already paid for)

Denpa men 2 3ds will last me hopefully till mid june (or even long game is sob hard in some spots)
class of heroes 2 (right after men) will last me easy to mid july
Shin Megami Tensei IV will last me easy to mid aug
Mario rpg 3ds will last me to Sept if not longer[/QUOTE]

Then your good to go i still think you should try Soul. But having a big backlog also turns me off from other games that i want.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Why are you reposting what was stickied days ago for the weekly ad thread? I know you live to be an op but find some original info.[/QUOTE]

You know if people didn't call these deals out a lot of people would miss them until Cheapy does his round up. No need to be a tool about it.

Thanks, enuf. Picking up Soul Sacrifice and Sly. Vita hasn't been getting much love.

The 32 GB Vita mem card is probably the biggest ripoff in the history of memory cards, even a discount couldnt save its ridiculous price

[quote name='Vanacloud']The 32 GB Vita mem card is probably the biggest ripoff in the history of memory cards, even a discount couldnt save its ridiculous price[/QUOTE]

I feel bad for the people who missed out on all the price errors/deals for it these past years.

I for one never cared about the prices anyway just need more/better/less lazy port vita games!

Debating if i shud pick up soul with my 20$ creditt

[quote name='eXiON']It's an incredibly fun game guys, you'll definitely enjoy it. It certainly has that Monster Hunter & Demon/Dark Souls vibe to it.

If anything, you'll just be disappointed by how fast time flies. I racked up about 200+ hours during May, lol.[/QUOTE]If I would end up only playing Soul Sacrifice offline, would I still enjoy it? Several of the reviews I've read attribute a large part of the enjoyment factor to the multiplayer aspect.

[quote name='Vigilante']If I would end up only playing Soul Sacrifice offline, would I still enjoy it? Several of the reviews I've read attribute a large part of the enjoyment factor to the multiplayer aspect.[/QUOTE]

I played it offline and I still liked it. But that led me to buy a new copy so that I can play online as well as get all free DLCs. Although I read about playing solo is actually easier, unless all your co-ops are strong.

Thanks OP. I voted high score. I price matched the soul sacrifice on my amazon order.

[quote name='Vigilante']If I would end up only playing Soul Sacrifice offline, would I still enjoy it? Several of the reviews I've read attribute a large part of the enjoyment factor to the multiplayer aspect.[/QUOTE]

It's still fun, just a bit harder.

[quote name='Fairy']I played it offline and I still liked it. But that led me to buy a new copy so that I can play online as well as get all free DLCs. Although I read about playing solo is actually easier, unless all your co-ops are strong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='admiralvic']It's still fun, just a bit harder.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the input, guys. I have a sizable backlog as it is, but I'm trying to decide if getting it from Gamestop for $25.19+tax after birthday coupon and PUR discount is worth it or if I should just wait for a $20 price on a new copy. :whistle2:k

The game isn't hard by any means, there are maybe two quests in the entire game that you might have issues with the first few times you attempt them simply because you won't know their specific movesets.

But nope. Game can be fully completed offline.

[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks for the input, guys. I have a sizable backlog as it is, but I'm trying to decide if getting it from Gamestop for $25.19+tax after birthday coupon and PUR discount is worth it or if I should just wait for a $20 price on a new copy. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

It all depends what you want out of this game, if you do plan on simply playing single player I would wait a little longer, not sure how fast it will take till it drops to $20, but it certainly has dropped literally $10 in less than a month which actually surprises me.

Personally for me, even with the large amount of games in my backlog. I bought it, I was instantly sold with the demo. But I'm also sucker for co-op games & the first thing I did was go straight online with SS. I actually neglected all the PS3 games in my backlog and focused all my attention towards the Vita & Soul Sacrifice. I guess, this game gave me a justification to finally use my Vita.

[quote name='eXiON']The game isn't hard by any means, there are maybe two quests in the entire game that you might have issues with the first few times you attempt them simply because you won't know their specific movesets.

But nope. Game can be fully completed offline.

It all depends what you want out of this game, if you do plan on simply playing single player I would wait a little longer, not sure how fast it will take till it drops to $20, but it certainly has dropped literally $10 in less than a month which actually surprises me.

Personally for me, even with the large amount of games in my backlog. I bought it, I was instantly sold with the demo. But I'm also sucker for co-op games & the first thing I did was go straight online with SS. I actually neglected all the PS3 games in my backlog and focused all my attention towards the Vita & Soul Sacrifice. I guess, this game gave me a justification to finally use my Vita.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the detailed response. I'll just wait for a $15-$20 price point, then. :)

There's story mode and avalon pacts. Avalon pacts can be done solo with AI cpu or with muliplayer friends. You will want to play with people online to do these because the game is very long and repetitive without the fun of playing with other people. I did enjoy the twisted story though.

Difficulty depends on the skill of the player. If you have 2 really strong players that both know to throw spam with 99 dark you can kill bosses much much faster than 2 really strong players + 2 average players because it scales bosses health based on how many players there are. That said, with a 99 dark build you are going to be all out attack power so you'll be like glass cannons. I really like the evasive item assassin's wingtips to avoid getting touched. it's better than the feathers because it lasts for 120 seconds and you go underground.

The only truly difficult parts of this game will be the "forgotten pacts" which is kinda like the "lost world" in a mario/donkey kong game. They have extra requirements like don't get hit, but there is no reason to do them other than for completion because there was no reward for beating everything.

It's a good game. It still needs a little balance with the throw attack move, but other than that it's really fun to play with other people and coordinate stuff. What I liked doing was joining a party chat with 3 friends and then sending invites and you have a chat system that works while playing. Skype is a lot more clear, but i'm not sure if you can have that running in the background while in game.

Hey everyone, will BB match the vita buy 2, get 1 free deal this week? Much better prices at BB for vita games.

bread's done
Back