PSVITA Japan price drop. About $215 usd.

[quote name='xplode427']Ign article.

May be $199 in us.

Thought people should know in case they're thinking of buying.

No us price drop official yet.[/QUOTE]

I'd laugh if this was Wednesday's official announcement. Best thing about the japanese ustream was another glimpse of ffx hd

$200 is still very expensive. To be honest I thought that the regular price for the Wi-fi Vita these days was $180 or something like that.

[quote name='Ashlee']$200 is still very expensive. To be honest I thought that the regular price for the Wi-fi Vita these days was $180 or something like that.[/QUOTE]

A 3DS with weaker specs, though a better selection imo, is $170 msrp with the 3DS XL as the same $200. If you go the used route, you would easily be able to find it for $120.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']A 3DS with weaker specs, though a better selection imo, is $170 msrp with the 3DS XL as the same $200. If you go the used route, you would easily be able to find it for $120.[/QUOTE]

I just saw that the XL retails for $200, that's a lot as well, to be honest. What happens is that I am confusing black friday prices with the retail prices. At some point during black friday I thought that they were getting price drops. For instance, I remember that the 3DS XL bundled with Mario Kart was sold for like $160! Thats why I thought that it was the new price for the 3DS XL - Same story for the Vita. And also I read on the warehouse deals thread, here on CAG, that Amazon sells the used white vita for about $160-170, if I am correct, and that's why I was confused about the prices but now that I did my little "research" I just noticed that they still cost the same as before :/

Well, although I love my Vita and I paid more than $250 (including taxes) for it, the lack of games makes me kind of regret about buying it. I bought it almost on release day and I was like, "oh well, games will arrive soon," and they did not, but if you believe that it has a huge selection of games now, then I guess that $200 is not that bad.

[quote name='waldo21212']Still need a memory card price drop.[/QUOTE]

THIS!

If the memory cards were cheaper I wouldn't hesitate to buy one already.

[quote name='Ashlee']I just saw that the XL retails for $200, that's a lot as well, to be honest. What happens is that I am confusing black friday prices with the retail prices. At some point during black friday I thought that they were getting price drops. For instance, I remember that the 3DS XL bundled with Mario Kart was sold for like $160! Thats why I thought that it was the new price for the 3DS XL - Same story for the Vita. And also I read on the warehouse deals thread, here on CAG, that Amazon sells the used white vita for about $160-170, if I am correct, and that's why I was confused about the prices but now that I did my little "research" I just noticed that they still cost the same as before :/

Well, although I love my Vita and I paid more than $250 (including taxes) for it, the lack of games makes me kind of regret about buying it. I bought it almost on release day and I was like, "oh well, games will arrive soon," and they did not, but if you believe that it has a huge selection of games now, then I guess that $200 is not that bad.[/QUOTE]

I do not. That is the sole reason why I do not own a vita. The selection of the 3DS and future titles that are coming stateside make me want to get a 3ds.

If you do not count rereleases, ports, or japanese games (that won't be coming to America), I think there are only 3-5 games I'm interested in at all counting released and future releases. Either way with the price drop happening soon, I'll still buy it since I have a stockpile of PS1 games I bought to play on the vita.

I agree that the 3DS is becoming very tempting but there are a lot of great games for the Vita. And if you are a PS+ member then it is a really good deal. I hope they announce a drop to $199 on Wednesday and include 3-6 months of PS+ with every new Vita purchase.

I have a Vita with PS+ and want a 3DS. Bring the games Sony.

And yes slash the memory card prices in half.

[quote name='Razorblood']I agree that the 3DS is becoming very tempting but there are a lot of great games for the Vita. And if you are a PS+ member then it is a really good deal. I hope they announce a drop to $199 on Wednesday and include 3-6 months of PS+ with every new Vita purchase.

I have a Vita with PS+ and want a 3DS. Bring the games Sony.

And yes slash the memory card prices in half.[/QUOTE]

If the past is any indication Sony's proprietary memory cards have always been expensive because it is their cash cow once they lure you into buying their products.

bread's done
Back