Psychonauts... friken awesome.

pumbaa

CAGiversary!
This game is really really solid all around. It's humorous, wacky, and just done very very well. Its an outstanding concept for a game... and I'm only 4 hours into it. All the character are believable and genuine, and the platforming aspects are excellent. And all around fantabulous game... the type of innovative, quirky, well done shit that we should be getting more often. Shame on Microsoft for dropping this one.

[quote name='Trakan']Wha? You post it in the Microsoft forum, and:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255677.asp[/QUOTE]

Microsoft was supposed to publish it, but dropped the publishing rights unexpectedly, after one of MS's head honcho's left who was championing this game.

From what I remember the game was going to be Xbox exclusive, but the new publisher wanted it on PC and PS2 as well... that's why the Xbox version came first.

I have to agree. I hae only played the game for about 2 hours, but it is very entertaining. I would recommend this game to any one.

[quote name='arsenalgear']He meant that MS was producing it before, exclusively for Xbox, but they dropped it and Majesco picked it up---now it's out on Xbox, and is coming soon (or maybe already out?) on PS2 and PC.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Thats what I mean!

I posted a topic about how awesome this game is a few weeks ago. If you are only 4 hours in then i promise that the best is yet to come. Let me ask you have you met the milkman yet?

Can't till this drops to $18 or less pre-owned. From what I read (sales wise) It's bound to hit that in six months or less. Woot.

[quote name='buffdrew84']I posted a topic about how awesome this game is a few weeks ago. If you are only 4 hours in then i promise that the best is yet to come. Let me ask you have you met the milkman yet?[/QUOTE]

I just met the milkman actually. I am a telephone repair man! My gun is fake... all the other assassins are going to LAUGH at me!

This game is hella fun. I'm only a couple of hours into it but I plan to play it after finals, which are this and next week. Does it matter what bunk you pick? A simple yes or no will do (no spoilers please).

[quote name='DT778']This game is hella fun. I'm only a couple of hours into it but I plan to play it after finals, which are this and next week. Does it matter what bunk you pick? A simple yes or no will do (no spoilers please).[/QUOTE]

I don't think so... I think its your save slot actually... just a creative way to differentiate between saves.

[quote name='pumbaa']I don't think so... I think its your save slot actually... just a creative way to differentiate between saves.[/QUOTE]
Alright thanks.

"I am working in the sewer." "Even though I am covered in feces, you should still respect me". Classic stuff. Wait until you meet a certain "french" man, you will enjoy that as well.

The ads for it in my game magazines always made me lose my page, especially when I had the fan on, what a deadly combo. That'll penalize any game for a good 2 years before I buy it.

"Some of the nicest sewers can be found in Paris, France."

"That is a nice watering can. Can I ask where you purchased it?"

Anyone who has not played this game yet is totally missing out. It's in my picks for GOTY (God of War, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory are in there, too).

"not the orphanage- the puppy orphanage- the orphanage for puppies!"
"that woman has large breasts."
"i am the milkman- my milk is delicious. SPECIAL DELIVERY TODAY!!!"

Just beat Lungfishopolis, Milkman Conspiracy and the Theater and damn I am amazed at all the clever stuff in this game- they could make a whole game out of each level for how creative and intelligent they are. Tonight I'll take on the Blacklight Bullfighter and Napoleans battle.

I am sure they will be no different. Why wait is the real question. I seriously think it is my fav game of the current generation (and i have never really like platformers) I am a FPS guy mostly.

bread's done
Back