PTZG Pacific Time Zone Gamers

Adamu Kuezada

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've started a group that allows you to meet up with fellow gamers in the Pacific time zone. We will feature frequent game nights dedicated to specific games. Participation is not required but encouraged. There are 4 requirements. You must have a headset, be respectful to other members, be over 18 for M Rated games, and of course live in the Pacific Time Zone. Here is a list of the games up for our semi daily video game night! (In no specific order mind you)

Little Big Planet
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
Critter Crunch
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Soul Caliber IV
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Fat Princess
Metal Gear Online
Zen Pinball
Tekken 6

If a game you like isn't here your are certainly welcome to set up a game. We are currently using facebook to meet up but I am considering doing all this through Windows Live (wuts that? lulz).

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?v=info&gid=10150089929835157

Or search for PTZG in the facebook search bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since most users on this site seem to be in eastern and central time zones, I support this!

I’ll put in my name for Critter Crunch and Little Big Planet, and would also like to ad Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to the list, once it comes out, as I plan on playing a lot of that.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Since most users on this site seem to be in eastern and central time zones, I support this!

I’ll put in my name for Critter Crunch and Little Big Planet, and would also like to ad Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to the list, once it comes out, as I plan on playing a lot of that.[/QUOTE]

You would certainly be allowed to host your games. I suggest you create a new facebook account with your psn id as your name. This would allow you to chat with other members without worrying about your current profile. By adding all the members to your friends list you will be able to easily find some people to play with in the spur of the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was all for this until I saw facebook and the mention of Windows live. =| Good luck with the group though.

[quote name='Supplice']Yeah, I was all for this until I saw facebook and the mention of Windows live. =| Good luck with the group though.[/QUOTE]

What would you guys consider a better alternative than facebook or msn? I simply chose those two because it seemed like the easiest way to set things up. Forum are great but don't provide instant responses. I'm open to any ideas. At the end of the day I just want a way an easy way to play with people.

Oh don't take my comment as a general negative towards facebook or windows live, its just my personal preference as to not joining. Nothing is wrong with facebook or windows live as they are both popular forms of setting up communication.

Maybe this should be in regional? Realistically, it's hard to get a specific night going. Everyone has different schedules, despite being in the same region. Check out my fighting game matchmaking thread. It's not centered around game nights per se, but rather lists everyone's schedule and tries to show who's likely to be available and have a decent connection.

Other groups have used irc (client and browser based), PSN chat, or just the forum. But from experience, it is also difficult to get a chat going. You'll have to provide some directions and people have to deal with the "hassle." I just don't bother with it anymore, personally.

Well, good luck with the game nights.

bread's done
Back