Pulse Elite Headset

Dallas2256

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
For those of you who have the newer elite model, how is it? Is it of high quality? Mic sounds clear to others?

Also I've been thinking that maybe I should wait until next gen gets going until I drop that kind of money on a headset. I've read that people are 99% sure it will be compatible but I don't want to be screwed.

There was a video on Polygon of people playing the PS4 while using this headset.

I'd like to if it's worth upgrading from the original Pulse headset.

I have both sets to be honest it isnt really worth it to me.

The only pro's I have seen are:

1) Pulse Elites are actually more durable (my OG's lasted me about 2.5yrs before they started to give but I played 2-3hrs per day before my son was born)

2) Comfort (OG's I can wear for 2hrs with sweat pooling up in ear cups) Pulse elites (4hrs with minimal disomfort)
3) Base boost (preference thing you can hear better IMO when playing FPS for people behind you etc)

If you have to decide between the 2 get the new ones but if you have the OG ones just keep those.

Pulse Elites are more comfortable (I have both also).  Some games have special modes for it which is nice.  I prefer the Elites and they look better to use for other purposes like MP3 players.

Pulse Elites are more comfortable (I have both also). Some games have special modes for it which is nice. I prefer the Elites and they look better to use for other purposes like MP3 players.
I've read that the shells that cover the speakers and everything are very prone to crack. How've yours held up?

I've had the Pulse Elite for a while now, the sound is great.  I use them all the time hooked up to my Ipod or galaxy S3 for music.  There is also an app available to download in the PS Store that has different modes you can download and transfer to the headset for different styles of music and games.  Only thing I don't like is that if you wear glasses they can be pretty uncomfortable sometimes.

I jumped in on a pair of these yesterday and play TLoU with them on. They're great! Just a little awkward where the controls are for everything, but I might just need to get used to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the headset to get for gaming IMO. You won't get 7.1 or chat on a non-Sony input but they give great 2.0 sound for everything, including 360/PC. It's been confirmed that they will work with PS4. I use these as my primary night gaming set and only switch to my TB X12s when I need 360 chat. For $150 or (frequently) less you can't do better.

Okay I had a set of turtle beaches but they never wanted to connect to my ps3 too well, guess I'll try to find a deal for these or maybe just hit amazon up.

Ok, I just discovered an issue with the manager app. It keeps failing at 99% for both factory reset and trying to add modes.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Trying to put The Last of Us on the headset.

Ok, I just discovered an issue with the manager app. It keeps failing at 99% for both factory reset and trying to add modes.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Trying to put The Last of Us on the headset.
Haven't had any problems so far with mine though I did not add TLOU mode. I've swapped in different presets a few times already with no issue. I just added the Bioshock Infinite mode last night. In all honesty, I did not detect much of a difference sound wise when I played Infinite with BI's sound mode versus the default game mode but having the option is pretty cool none the less.

I wound up exchanging that pair for another at BBY cause shortly after, the headset stopped syncing with the dongle. Tried resetting a BUNCH of times to no avail.

Read online to go into the right ear cup and pop the battery out. So I dismantled the right ear to discover it was hard wired in and couldn't essentially be "popped out".

Then the Sony website says to let it sit in standby for 2-3 days to let the battery die and to resync after. Too long of a wait for me as I wanted to use them badly.

Edit: think I may have just had bad luck with the first pair. My second pair updated just fine, twice, and is syncing with the dongle like it supposed to. I am glad it only took two tries! :p these headphones are beast!

ok im going to buy a pair!

ok i got the headset and its pretty awesome. the only weird thing i found is when i connect it to my pc the sound is nice and loud and but its hooked up to my ps3 it doesnt sound nearly as loud when on full blast. still need to hopefully figure that out.

bread's done
Back