Punch-Out $39.82 at WalMart.com / B&M --> PM @ BB and get a free $10 GC as well YMMV

shady859

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Great for those who missed the Amazon $40 deal.

If the B&M price doesn't match the online then use free site to store shipping OR regular shipping is just $.97.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10965234

Walmart links are buggy so search Punch-out if link is broken. Usually is very bottom result on the search list of "Punch-Out"

UPDATE: Thanks to the posters below who recommended price matching to Best Buy. A few people say they PM WM.com prices and at least one person posted they got the $40 price PM'ed and got the free $10 gift card using the Gamers Club coupon i'm posting below. YMMV of course..

$10 BB GC coupon:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_GIFTCD

[quote name='prjctzro']Went in this morning, was able to get Best Buy to price match and give the $10 gift card for RZ Game members.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='$hady']Great for those who missed the Amazon $40 deal.

If the B&M price doesn't match the online then use free site to store shipping which should let you pick it up right away since they have it in stock already OR regular shipping is just $.97.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10965234&sourceid=37551117253410587253

Walmart links are buggy so search Punch-out if link is broken.[/QUOTE]

Unless they've changed things, Site to Store isn't like BestBuy In-Store pick up. They actually ship a copy of the game to your local Wal-Mart store and you MUST wait for that to arrive. They can't just pick the item from in-store stock.

As stated above, Walmart.com's Site to Store service does NOT allow you to pick the item up "right away". It is shipped to the store. No matter how many copies the store has in stock.

[quote name='chrisflyer']If I PM at Best Buy, would I still be able to use the Gamer's Club coupon to get a $10 GC?[/QUOTE]
yes, the amount of the game would count on the GCRZ.

Will best buy pm a printout from walmart.com? I thought they might only match a print ad...? Please let us know if anyone has tried this and been successful. Also if anyone was also able to use the reward zone gamer's club coupon for a $10 giftcard let us know. I would think best buy wouldn't honor both.

Went in this morning, was able to get Best Buy to price match and give the $10 gift card for RZ Game members.

[quote name='prjctzro']Went in this morning, was able to get Best Buy to price match and give the $10 gift card for RZ Game members.[/QUOTE]

Wow now that is a deal! I'll add your success and the info to the first post. $40 for the game and a $10 gc even beats the Amazon + ECA discount deal.

im def gunna try this today...your basically getting the game for $30 bucks if you think about it...there was no way i was gunna pay 50 buks for this...thanx 4 da info

Do you think I could use my receipt from when I purchased this at Best Buy earlier and get a price match and the difference back? I will probably have to go back in there soon to use the gift card I used earlier anyways but I was just wondering if anyone has ever managed to pull off a post-purchase PM at Best Buy like that before.

If you go back to Best Buy after the fact and price match don't they take off an additional 10%? I wish I would of known about this sale, but I got it for $42.99 price match to the fry's ad from last wed/thu. + the gift card. I spend so much money at Best Buy that I just think of it as getting the game for $32. :)

BEST BUY COULD GO SUCK MY DINGER! and STICK IT UP THE A!* I just got off the phone with them about the 20% off deal there promoting (it took me 1 hour to get to talk to them). The promotion still on the frickin site but the discount is gone from every video game item and accessory. The BITCH I talked to told me the deal is OVER, but there isn't an expiration date. She then told me they will not honor the deal and to have a very nice day. THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE A**!

went to best buy earlier today with walmart.com printout and coupon. They did not give me any problems. They did ask for my reward zone card though.
Thanks o/p!

[quote name='cheapbastard']went to best buy earlier today with walmart.com printout and coupon. They did not give me any problems. They did ask for my reward zone card though.
Thanks o/p![/QUOTE]

Same 4 me yesterday...no problems

I also price matched walmart and then handed her my online coupon printout for the 10.oo gift card, no problems.

I also picked up a 5.00 off a game (gamers gift card) in the store on my way out, I plan to use that along with my 10.00 gift card for my next purchase.

[quote name='rushisrighton']I also picked up a 5.00 off a game (gamers gift card) in the store on my way out, I plan to use that along with my 10.00 gift card for my next purchase.[/QUOTE]
GGC's are back?! Oh, man, those were the days; I used to stockpile those and always have at least a $5 discount. For the major releases nowadays, it seems Amazon's prices will undercut the token $5 savings, but it could still be worthwhile for DS games.

[quote name='The What?']BEST BUY COULD GO SUCK MY DINGER! and STICK IT UP THE A!* I just got off the phone with them about the 20% off deal there promoting (it took me 1 hour to get to talk to them). The promotion still on the frickin site but the discount is gone from every video game item and accessory. The BITCH I talked to told me the deal is OVER, but there isn't an expiration date. She then told me they will not honor the deal and to have a very nice day. THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE A**![/QUOTE]

At least you aren't bitter about it.

Most Best Buy stores will honor their competitor stores even their online websites. Since they want your business. If you have problems, speak to the manager.

Also talking to those phone operators is a waste of time. It's better to just try it.

Best Buy will price match their competitor store for items that you purchased within 30 days for a 110%. What I sometimes do, is that I buy it when it's regular price or when it's a decent sale. When you find a great sale, then go back to the store for the 110% price match.

[quote name='dafunkk12']GGC's are back?! Oh, man, those were the days; I used to stockpile those and always have at least a $5 discount. For the major releases nowadays, it seems Amazon's prices will undercut the token $5 savings, but it could still be worthwhile for DS games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the GGC's have not been around for the longest time, but my store just got a whole bunch in, I think I'll use mine to get 5 bucks knocked off of a 1600 points microsoft card.

[quote name='mxmarks']now that it's out of stock, will I be unable to print the page for a pricematch?[/QUOTE]

I'd just use the store check option, these prices are valid in store, right?

[quote name='dafunkk12']GGC's are back?! Oh, man, those were the days; I used to stockpile those and always have at least a $5 discount. For the major releases nowadays, it seems Amazon's prices will undercut the token $5 savings, but it could still be worthwhile for DS games.[/QUOTE]

Wow, if these are back that would be great! I used to stockpile these about 10 at a time!

[quote name='rushisrighton']Yeah the GGC's have not been around for the longest time, but my store just got a whole bunch in, I think I'll use mine to get 5 bucks knocked off of a 1600 points microsoft card.[/QUOTE]

Can someone scan these things so I know what you are talking about?

Also, no dice on price match, Gamer Club $10 gift Card and $3 off Chex mix coupon.

I did everything first, and left the chex mix for last. It scans and it gets accepted, but the money is not taken off. So I assume it's either the $3 off or the gift card deal.

I did price match Metallic PS3 from the target add, and tried the $3 chex mix coupon and it would scan, and would not get the amount taken off. The manager did override it though, so it's YMMV.

Wow, if the Gamer Gift Cards are back that is totally worth a thread on its own!!! I would stockpile them too, I know my store totally thought I was up to something buying 3-5 gift cards at a time.. ;)

Had no trouble this afternoon getting the pricematch, gift card, and used a $5 rewards certificate to boot. Probably the easiest pricematch transaction I've ever had. The cute, nerdy cashier called over a supervisor who looked at my printout, said "Sounds good" and adjusted the price. I handed the cashier my coupons, and after scanning them, she remarked on how it was a pretty good deal and I was on my way with no issue.

Didn't think to try the $3 Chex Mix coupon, I tried it with the Excitebots promo last week and it canceled out the $10 off $39.99 and over Wii games promo. Sucks that it seems that coupon can't be combined with promos.

Wish I would've checked for a GGC to get the $10 loaded onto! Glad to hear those are back...

Since I've got a $10 GC already, this for essentially $30 and getting my $10 card back is quite a deal. I don't think we'll see this game hit $29.99 for a good long while.

So if I point out that it is available for in-store pickup, odds are they'll honor the PM?

[quote name='Estebon']Can someone scan these things so I know what you are talking about?

Also, no dice on price match, Gamer Club $10 gift Card and $3 off Chex mix coupon.

I did everything first, and left the chex mix for last. It scans and it gets accepted, but the money is not taken off. So I assume it's either the $3 off or the gift card deal.

I did price match Metallic PS3 from the target add, and tried the $3 chex mix coupon and it would scan, and would not get the amount taken off. The manager did override it though, so it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Yea I have no idea what they r either

[quote name='Regian']Since I've got a $10 GC already, this for essentially $30 and getting my $10 card back is quite a deal. I don't think we'll see this game hit $29.99 for a good long while.

So if I point out that it is available for in-store pickup, odds are they'll honor the PM?[/QUOTE]I think so. I printed out the in stock check page from Walmart.com and pointed that out.

[quote name='conspiracy1989']Yea I have no idea what they r either[/QUOTE]

GGCs are basically a Best Buy gift card that says something about give the gift of games or something similiar. They used to come in a cd case and on the back of the cd case there was a coupon that was good for $5 of a $19.99 gaming purchase.

People would just buy the gift cards and put very little money on them and then go right back and use um to save $5 instantly on whatever they were about to buy anyway. They have been gone for awhile now but looks like they are back.

I'm glad lots of people are getting this deal, Punch-out is great!

Even though it is out of stock online it's still worth trying to print the ad and just say you printed it so they can see the Walmart everyday price. Has anyone actually checked the b&m price at Walmart? I haven't been there in a couple weeks.

SUCCESS! Thanks for the post and link to $10 GC. I printed punch-out listing off Walmart.com and the GC ad off this thread and went to BB. They PM'd walmart's price and gave me a $10 GC with no hassles at all!!! Looking forward to giving this to my son for his birthday!

Success here as well. No questions asked, paid $32.xx out of pocket with my GC. Clerk was actually impressed with the deal. Time to dust off the Wii.

[quote name='$hady']GGCs are basically a Best Buy gift card that says something about give the gift of games or something similiar. They used to come in a cd case and on the back of the cd case there was a coupon that was good for $5 of a $19.99 gaming purchase.

People would just buy the gift cards and put very little money on them and then go right back and use um to save $5 instantly on whatever they were about to buy anyway. They have been gone for awhile now but looks like they are back.

I'm glad lots of people are getting this deal, Punch-out is great!

Even though it is out of stock online it's still worth trying to print the ad and just say you printed it so they can see the Walmart everyday price. Has anyone actually checked the b&m price at Walmart? I haven't been there in a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]
Well, I did call a local B&M before heading out today. They told me that it was $49.96. So I was hoping the clerk wouldn't call to verify the price.

BTW, I was also able to get the $10 Gamers Club coupon to work as well.

The actual product page is gone from walmart.com... the only one they have is for the bundle. :(

edit: er, it's only gone if you search from walmart.com... Google will magically make the page appear. Odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thirtytwoutside']The actual product page is gone from walmart.com... the only one they have is for the bundle. :([/QUOTE]

It's still there. Search "Punch Out" then click the "Games" tab on the left side. It should state there's two results in the department. I had to tell the chick at BB to do that so she could find it.

Since I got shot down because it said out of stock, I will take another print out today that says it is in stock and see what happens.

bread's done
Back