Punqsux!

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
in reply to:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78848

where am i...? still in pgh, i graduated college recently, and am still working on my kurt cobain impression. im not that in to gaming at the moment, not video gaming rather. ive been getting more into traditional strategy games..chess, risk, go, (though i still suck at all of them.) ive been getting into the competitive magic scene, which is fun, i still play my DS alot, but most of my other games are getting no love at the moment. ive been helping mr. anderson learn mohawk techniques and hanging around communists.

hope that answers your question, thanks for the thread-age mr. u

[quote name='DT778']competitive magic?[/QUOTE]
magic_the_gathering.jpg

[quote name='radjago']Whoa.

Magic, huh? Play any other CCGs?[/QUOTE]
no, not really, i have in the past, but since starting up magic again, with everything else in my life, its about all ive had time for. most of the other games i played in high school are dead now (doomtown, star trek, battletech)

Cool to see you around again punq. Damn, I feel weird around CAG now. First the threads show up and now you and Sneaky. I haven't played magic since I was like 14 or 15. O.K. game. Still into gaming. Love board games ala Stratigo, That one Trump game, of course Chess, etc.

[quote name='DT778']weak... I was picture some magic tricks stuff.[/QUOTE]

qft. punqsux vs. david blaine

[quote name='iheartmetal']have any wifi ds games?[/QUOTE]
animal crossing and mario kart, my AC:WW town is new though.

[quote name='radjago']I have a phobia of Magic. A "friend" of mine nearly broke my finger after I touched his Shivan Dragon.[/QUOTE]

Is Shivan Dragon a nickname for his penis?

[quote name='Mike23']way to go punqsux! keep watching CBC.[/QUOTE]
haha i wish i could down here. im actully going up to buffalo this weekend for some hockey parties. sorry to hear about the sens...well, not really sorry, they should have just thrown game 4 and had a few extra days golfing =o)

[quote name='radjago']I have a phobia of Magic. A "friend" of mine nearly broke my finger after I touched his Shivan Dragon.[/QUOTE]
kinda funny story about reassimilating into the magic community after being out of it for so long, this card is totally useless and unplayable in todays magic enviroment. when i played this was the most powerful card, it would sell for $15-$20, now its a buck or two ^^

[quote name='punqsux']i graduated college recently[/quote]

nicey nice!

and am still working on my kurt cobain impression

If'n yer alive it's a lousy impression.

im not that in to gaming at the moment not video gaming rather.

I'll get to this in a moment.

i still play my DS alot, but most of my other games are getting no love at the moment.

So it's kinda like moving from heroin to methadone? That whole "not being into video gaming" thing.

ive been helping mr. anderson learn mohawk techniques and hanging around communists.

*snif* I miss my mohawk. Good on you, sir, and welcome back, even if it is brief.

[quote name='Moxio']![/QUOTE]

That pretty much sums up what I was thinking, and I'll add an awesome, this thread has more good surprises than XMen III

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It's a trap![/QUOTE]

LOL! Haven't seen one of those in a while!

Welcome back Punq. Stick around, play some UNO. Who knows, you might like it. :D

[quote name='punqsux']kinda funny story about reassimilating into the magic community after being out of it for so long, this card is totally useless and unplayable in todays magic enviroment. when i played this was the most powerful card, it would sell for $15-$20, now its a buck or two ^^[/quote]

So then, Punq... did you have any success? Any Blue envelopes to your name? Any wins at states or regionals?

I top 8 at local stuff fairly frequently, even at competitive shops, but I don't have the drive, ambition, or time to bother with the grind of it all.

Most of the competitive grind players I know have lower paying jobs, and all they do is play Magic. The best example I could give of this is a local guy who's play high level (pro tour-level), but works at Wendy's, and spends most of the rest of his time at the card shop or playing MTGO.

I'm sorry, but I'd have to kick my own ass if I ever got to that point.

bread's done
Back