Pursuit Force Demo

peteloaf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Went to the mailbox today, and to my surprise, I got a demo disc for Pursuit Force. It's got three levels on it & I tried one. I definatly plan on picking this game up.

[quote name='peteloaf']Went to the mailbox today, and to my surprise, I got a demo disc for Pursuit Force. It's got three levels on it & I tried one. I definatly plan on picking this game up.[/QUOTE]

How did you get it?....and where can I sign up :D

I'm guessing that you're a member of the PlayStation Underground? Or Gamer Advisory Panel?

The sent me a $5 Ratchet: Deadlocked coupon yesterday. Too bad it's only good at Circuit City.

I guess I'm a member of the Playstation Underground. I'm not realy shure when I signed up for it, but I ocassionaly get PS2 demo discs. However the price to manufacture a PSP disc is much higher than a dvd (I'd assume so anyway) so I was suprised that they sent me one. Though it was a good investment on Sony's part because the demo has convinced me to buy the game ;)

That is pretty sweet that they're sending out PSP demos now. The only demo I've gotten so far was the Holiday 2005 disc. I have been in a few betas though. So I guess I can't complain.

Anyway.

Tells us more! :p

I got this too, and I was very surprised that they'd spend the money to manufacture UMD's for demos, along with the special cardboard sleeves. I haven't had a chance to try this yet.

I know this came has been floating around for a while. A few verSIOns are out there (I think it's already out in Europe). I haven't "tried" it yet, but some reviews said it was crap...so, who knows.

I hate this game,, not sure how the demo is but the full uk version pissed me off. horrible game design and makes you want to throw your psp into the wall.

For those of you who want a comparison think about playing the supply lines mission on san andreas over and over again. (yes the original PS2 VEr)

I got it today...but it wants me to update to 2.5, so I guess I'll just hold onto it until the day comes that I decide to update...

[quote name='WebScud']I'm guessing that you're a member of the PlayStation Underground? Or Gamer Advisory Panel?

The sent me a $5 Ratchet: Deadlocked coupon yesterday. Too bad it's only good at Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

Same here, hopefully I get the demo in the mail today, I'm going to go check the mail in a few minutes.

All I got was the CC $5 coupon too. Much rather have the demo. I'm 160+ miles away from a Circuit City, and not really too interested in Ratchet.

my review of the demo on XGPGaming.com's forum:

In movies, there are car chases and then there are CAR CHASES. Some movies have classic car chases like Bullitt. That movie seemed to be built around one huge car chase scene. These chases could include commandeering civilian vehicles or even enemy vehicles in order to pursue villains. That is whole premise the game Pursuit Force. I received this demo yesterday. I never heard anything about this title other than mentions of a release date. So I decided to check it out yesterday.

The demo starts and you can select from three missions. Two of them are easy and one is medium. In the first mission your job is to commandeer six vans carrying deadly chemicals that are being driven into the city. The second is your basic "take out the bad guy" type mission with speed boats. The last mission which is a bit harder requires you to capture the vehicle of this gang leader.

Each mission you start out in a police cruiser and you are chasing the enemy vehicles on these maps. Each map is unique and has multiple paths and short cuts. The graphics are quite nice for the PSP and I was pleasantly surprised by them. There were some very unique vehicles in the demo and you can drive them all. The controls are easy to learn as well. You control you character/vehicle with either the D-Pad or the analog. It is much easier with the D-Pad. The X button is used to accelerate. Square button is to brake. Circle button allows you jump from vehicle to vehicle. The shoulder buttons are for targeting and firing your weapons. Basically you drive in pursuit of these vehicles and either shoot at the vehicles' drivers from your car or jump out of your car and onto theirs. There is also a focus meter where if you build it up enough you can jump in slow motion and while in the air shoot the enemies in the vehicles you are jumping to. You get a wide range of weapons from a nail gun to a sawed-off shotgun. I haven't figured out how to switch weapons yet but it was interesting using the nail gun. This makes for a very quick, fun, and crazy game. Once you mission is complete, you get graded on your performance. This adds replayability because you can keep trying to get an A grade performance on your chases.

Now in the demo's video, you can also use other vehicles like big rigs, motorbikes, and helicopters and they also show some on foot missions. But these three missions were the only ones playable. This one definitely is flying under the radar. So this title might be a must buy if they stick to this formula. It is set to release in the Spring.

wow so many people are blindsighted like I used to be into thinking this game is "Fun"

They totally jacked it up, but feel free to waste your money

[quote name='Zoglog']wow so many people are blindsighted like I used to be into thinking this game is "Fun"

They totally jacked it up, but feel free to waste your money[/QUOTE]

why was it so horrible??

[quote name='Zoglog']wow so many people are blindsighted like I used to be into thinking this game is "Fun"

They totally jacked it up, but feel free to waste your money[/QUOTE]

You do know they went / are going back and fixing up the game, right?

From IGN:

For the US release, BigBig Studios has gone back and tweaked the code. One of the main complaints about the European release of Pursuit Force was difficulty. It plumb felt uneven at times. Certain levels would require a near inhuman level of patience, while others seemed a little too easy. No longer, claim representatives from BigBig Studios. Apart from this, the last mission is in the middle of being tweaked. Plus, the US release will feature new voice talent and a slightly retooled control scheme.

[quote name='Roufuss']You do know they went / are going back and fixing up the game, right?

From IGN:[/QUOTE]

good to hear lol. DESPERATELY needed fixing. The original game was almost unplayable

I got it today the demo today as well. I just signed up for the playstation underground about three months ago and have been getting crap from them (like a hat) almost every month.

I got the demo in the mail too, even though I barely remember signing up with them and haven't gotten anything else. Was pleasantly surprised, I'm gonna try it sooner or later.

[quote name='Zoglog']good to hear lol. DESPERATELY needed fixing. The original game was almost unplayable[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone got there pride handed to them by a game lol If I had played it, I probably would have felt the same. Un even diff is exaclty what keeps me from really playing any of the GTA games.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Sounds like someone got there pride handed to them by a game lol If I had played it, I probably would have felt the same. Un even diff is exaclty what keeps me from really playing any of the GTA games.[/QUOTE]

man, this is on a whole diff level than GTA. GTA I actually went back to pass the missions. The way they designed things in the original Pursuit force made you want to throw your psp into the wall.

Basically missions were multi tiered with NO checkpoints. so assuming you finally get pass the impossibly crappy first part you'd enter an impossibly crappy 2nd part. and then voilla if by some miracle you pass those 2 you get to the 3rd crappy part. and if you somehow mess up (which is more than likely) you start over again. For a gauge I let 3 peoplea t my office play the first level and they all failed it. Hell I failed the first mission the first 5 times. And I'm pretty decent at games.... Not the best but certainly not crappy....

So finally got around to playing it...the controls aren't bad but it's extremely repetitive just in the 3 levels in the demo...definitely not buying it now, thanks anyway Sony.

I got it last week too. I love the fact that they are sending out PSP demos but dont want to upgrade versions to try it.

bread's done
Back