Putting an old Xbox 360 HDD into Xbox 360 S

bubbafett4hire

CAGiversary!
c/p

Thought this was nice seeing as some people are picking up just the 4gb Xbox360 S but still need a HDD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKnaixPCsns

Here's a video posted on Youtube by SiddGoneWild that shows the old HDDs from the Original Xbox 360 will work just fine on the new Xbox 360 S. You'll have to strip the HDD from the original HDD-case and slid it into the 360 S HDD-port. Not ideal, as the Xbox 360 S proprietary port is much larger than the 2.5" SATA HDD, but it will fit in (SATA data/power ports match the standard) without needing any 3rd party hardware addons or so. I'd just suggest to add some rubber tabs on the sides or so to prevent the HDD from moving too much.

Is there different stuff inside the new 360 HDD? If MS got real anal and could tell your using a old HDD they could ban you?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If MS got real anal and could tell your using a old HDD they could ban you?[/QUOTE]

is this a serious question?

The way that guy flips his 360 over after inserting the hard drive is really stupid. That's a sure fire way to kill your drive.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Is there different stuff inside the new 360 HDD? If MS got real anal and could tell your using a old HDD they could ban you?[/QUOTE]

IDK how they could tell if you were using a HDD from a old system but if that were the case then they should have been able to detect all of the HDD that are used on xbox live that have had the HDDHacker ran on them and those are still not detectable at least to the best of my knowledge and if they are MS is not handing out bans for those.

Way I see if you paid for an official MS HDD pre 360 S then you should be allowed to use it on your new 360 S. Give it a few weeks and I'm sure we'll be seeing 3rd party HDD encloses for placing your old HDD into a new 360 S

[quote name='Scorch']is this a serious question?[/QUOTE]

Considering they were banning people for third party drives and flash drives before I would say yes.

Bubbafett4hire thanks for the serious answer.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Considering they were banning people for third party drives and flash drives before I would say yes.

Bubbafett4hire thanks for the serious answer.[/QUOTE]

they never ban anyone for using third party hard drive, and only block the datel flash drive.. And they will can't ban people for using third party drive because someone could have easily brought it used from ebay or gamestop and dont know it is fake.

Only way they would be able to tell that I know of is if they put a line of code in all the drives to let the system know it was a drive that MS used for the 360, then later when they made the 360 S they put another line of code on the drive saying it was for the 360 S. That is the only way I could see them being able to tell. That way when the system booted up it would read the code and know what drive it had in it.

I was thinking about this, but then I have to get all my licenses transferred again. It was a hassle just trying to get them transferred once already to my newer system.

[quote name='sendme']Only way they would be able to tell that I know of is if they put a line of code in all the drives to let the system know it was a drive that MS used for the 360, then later when they made the 360 S they put another line of code on the drive saying it was for the 360 S. That is the only way I could see them being able to tell. That way when the system booted up it would read the code and know what drive it had in it.[/QUOTE]

Or they could just see that it is a 20GB/60GB/120GB hard drive, which aren't available for 360S.

[quote name='wune']Or they could just see that it is a 20GB/60GB/120GB hard drive, which aren't available for 360S.[/QUOTE]

That would have to be some close investigating on their part just over storage not to mention a big class action lawsuit if they did try to ban. By taking your old official hard drive out of it's case and sticking it in a 360 S shouldn't throw up any flags seeing as it's still an official MS hard drive.

bread's done
Back