Putting It Out There- Offline Better Than Online?

Holy hell...ive never considered myself to be hardcore.....I dont think I am but I think a lot of the reasons stated in this thread to not like online gameplay are puss reasons. So maybe im a dick/hardcore gamer? ;)

[quote name='Malik112099']Holy hell...ive never considered myself to be hardcore.....I dont think I am but I think a lot of the reasons stated in this thread to not like online gameplay are puss reasons. So maybe im a dick/hardcore gamer? ;)[/QUOTE]

It sure sounds like it!

I'd say most anyone that plays games in any type of competitive fashion is to some degree a hardcore gamer.

If someone is willing to put in the time to practice and get better at games (be it online multiplayer, or playing hard games on higher difficulty levels etc.), they're damn sure into them too much to be called a casual gamer!

So I'd say you are a hardcore gamer to some degree. And a dick based on how you keep bashing people for how they like to enjoy games. ;(

Offline, single-player, story-driven gaming is the best there is; it is my favorite way to spend time. Some multiplayer is good occasionally, as a side dish, but I prefer it locally where it also serves as a social activity.

Of course, playing on-line have it's own perks, just that it's very rare to encounter pure awesomeness fun moments (they are dwarfed by the reasons i listed above).

Reasons on-line is awesome:
1. Playing games with buddies on the other side of the world, priceless.

2. You're playing with real gamers, AI is predictable, but not real players (again, you have to overcome the "stupidity" issues, which makes this reason a rare gem).

3. Love the game, but beat it many times... Need something new to overcome the "good game withdrawal syndrome?" Try multi-player, otherwise wait for a few years for the sequel.

4. Love to compete? Have a superiority complex? Rule the world by crushing other gamers on-line instead of your local tiny little group of friends (they might suck really bad and you probably don't know it). But please no cyber bullying.

5. Stimulate a real strategic battle/mission? You need to play on-line... To test your request for leadership, honor and glory. There's nothing more satisfying that a win from a properly planned, executed and cooperative game play.

6. Have your own ideas? Want to share your creativity with the world? Create your own levels and let your fellow gamers praise your creation, very satisfying yes? Well, can only happen on-line... Not all games can offer you this option, but it's part of the on-line feature.

7. Another reason for paying your internet bill :)

I don’t like online gaming, there’s no plot and I get creamed by 12 year olds. lol

Online Co-op is ok, but I like it best when someone is in the same room with me, and I know who they are.

bread's done
Back