Puyo Pop Fever Nintendo GameCube.... $19.82 Walmart.com

It was just 29.96 or something like that close to around 2 months when I got it. That price seems very good, but I've already loved it enough to justify the price I paid. The game is short, but very addictive.

Hey, can you hook up a fellow CAGer, if you're headed back to your Walmart? I've been looking to snag that game. PM me.

This game is well worth this price. I bought it on eBay close to when it first came out, and I've loved it ever since. Be prepared to get frustrated, though, because the AI opponents talk some major trash. :p

[quote name='Querjek'][quote name='BigHow']Hey, can you hook up a fellow CAGer, if you're headed back to your Walmart? I've been looking to snag that game. PM me.[/quote]
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2697574

EDIT: That link won't work for some reason... well, just do a search on Wallyworld's site and you'll find it.[/quote]

Awesome. Snagged a copy, as well as a copy of the SFAC strategy guide. Thanks!

I've got it for my GBA for some wicked single-boot 4 player multiplayer. Sadly, isn't the GC version only 2 player?

Yeah, it is. It isn't really a big deal, though. I have Nintendo Puzzle Collection (J) and i've yet to get a 4 player game going even when I have 10 or more people over.

[quote name='emperordahc']I've got it for my GBA for some wicked single-boot 4 player multiplayer. Sadly, isn't the GC version only 2 player?[/quote]This is a big problem with puzzle gaming IMO. Develpers seem to ignore the potential of 4-player gaming. Last century, n64 had four-player Bust-A-Move, but now we get BustAmove 300 and it still support only 2! The only really high-profile 4-way puzzler of this generation is Tetris Worlds, but that ended up being horrendous in execution (IMO). That sure didn't help the cause much.

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='emperordahc']I've got it for my GBA for some wicked single-boot 4 player multiplayer. Sadly, isn't the GC version only 2 player?[/quote]This is a big problem with puzzle gaming IMO. Develpers seem to ignore the potential of 4-player gaming. Last century, n64 had four-player Bust-A-Move, but now we get BustAmove 300 and it still support only 2! The only really high-profile 4-way puzzler of this generation is Tetris Worlds, but that ended up being horrendous in execution (IMO). That sure didn't help the cause much.[/quote]

You need to play Nintendo Puzzle Collection. 4 player Dr. Mario (a port of the N64 version), Yoshi's cookie, and TETRIS ATTACK!!!

I FINALLY imported it a week ago and haven't been able to stop playing. Well worth $50 IMO.

BustaUppa, If you want to import Nintendo Puzzle Collection, all you need to do is buy the latest version of Action Replay which sells for $30 at BB, CC, etc. One of the options on Action Replay is to play import games. You select it, you take the Action Replay disc out, and pop in the import. I wouldn't say that NintendoPC is a must own, but it's pretty cool. The graphics are basically all N64ish, all 3 games support 4 players, and you can download each game to your GBA to play on the road (not while you are driving). It's like any other puzzle game, you love it for a little while and then set it aside until some friends come over. It's about $60 shipped at www.play-asia.com and i've seen copies go for $30 on ebay (I got mine for $40 on ebay). Just so you know, if you want save an import game on your GCN, you'll need a Japanese memory card (comes free with games like Capcom vs SNK 2:EO - $25 at lik-sang.com) but you don't need one for NintendoPC.

Um, you don't need a japanese memory card, an empty US one will work just fine.

Just make sure its blank or it will corrupt any data on the card.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Um, you don't need a japanese memory card, an empty US one will work just fine.

Just make sure its blank or it will corrupt any data on the card.[/quote]
You can have US and Japanese saves on the same card. Trust me, I've got a JP Zelda: 4 Swords save with a ton of backup saves on one of my cards and another with Doubutsu No Mori E+ letter data and some American saves.

Gameboy415 Posted: September 14, 2004, 4:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um, you don't need a japanese memory card, an empty US one will work just fine.

Just make sure its blank or it will corrupt any data on the card.

That's pretty odd, because all i've heard and experienced is contrary to what you just said. The first game I imported was Animal Leader and I used a brand new memory card 59 (still the biggest at the time) and it wouldn't save. Querjek, on the other hand, hit upon something that is true. You can have both saves on the same card, you just need to transfer the file to the American card. Whenever I import, I take the file (Naruto 2, being the most recent example) from my Japanese memory card and put it on my American one. By the way, Mr. Dillerland will not save on either card if you have an American system.

It needs to be formatted in the region of choice. Some games will do it, others won't. If you've got the switch mod, switch it to Japan mode and format it there. If you're using the Freeloader/Action Replay, you'll need a game that'll do it... and I can't think of any.

I wanted to do a switch mod because it looks simple enough, but i'm still afraid that i'll botch it somehow. I'm hearing conflicting reports on the save issue on Donkey Konga 2 and I was interested in picking it up.

bread's done
Back