Puzzle Quest 2 - $7.99/$5.59 with Game Club

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Big Fish Games just got Puzzle Quest 2 for PC. It is $9.99 or $6.99 with Game Club membership or 30 day Game Club trial. You can sign up for the trial and cancel it after purchasing the game without being charged extra.

Puzzle Quest 2

Even without the Game Club discount, this is half what Steam charges for the game. They are charging $19.99 now.

To get an extra 20% off, use coupon code: BIGFISH20P

This coupon makes the game only $7.99 or $5.59 with Game Club

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tempting but i'm so spoiled I want the iPhone version to come out. Loved the first one but i've put off buying the DS version because of this plus honestly I never touched the DS since I got my iPhone last year.

Great price, great website (Big Fish Games is the best for cheap casual games), but for this game it's going to have to be DS or nothing...

I got the DS version the day it came out for $30. Just finished the game last week. I like the stylus control but mouse is good, too.

There is a minor bug in the DS version (just like in the first game, too) During the mini-game to disarm traps, the bonus turn for 4 and 5 of a kinds doesn't work. Only caused me a problem once, though. Most of those puzzles were easy. I don't know if it has been fixed in the PC version or not.

I tried the iPhone version of the first game but thought everything was too small to control well, especially on the world map. But a lot of people liked that version...

[quote name='$hady']very tempting but i'm so spoiled i want the iphone version to come out. Loved the first one but i've put off buying the ds version because of this plus honestly i never touched the ds since i got my iphone last year.[/quote]

+1

Use the code bigfish20p to get another 20% off.

I guess I can't sign up for the game club trial again, they want me to buy a credit to reactivate my account.

Thanks for the coupon code, dood. It even works on Game Club purchases, making the game $5.59!

I'll add the coupon to the original post, too.

Is this the Steamworks version by chance? I know there are multiple versions out there. Originally, the game had Steamworks as part of it, but certain digital distribution sites asked for it to be removed before they would sell the game (Impulse, Gamersgate). Direct2Drive kept the Steam one.

Curious which this is, although at this price, probably getting it regardless!

[quote name='Otty Ott']I doubt it has Steamworks on it since it is coming from Big Fish...[/QUOTE]
Doesn't hurt to ask. Some other online distributors, including D2D, sell the Steamworks copies. Just seems to depend on how each service feels. Wasn't sure if finding the registry key and trying it on Steam would work and be considered valid.

Not a big deal here though, as I imagine I would not be making much use of multiplayer anyways (steamworks only I believe). Already grabbed it and downloading now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was normally going ot wait for this to come to sale on 360 but for this low of a price I couldn't resist.... ugh more money spent lol. Thanks OP

[quote name='Otty Ott']Big Fish Games just got Puzzle Quest 2 for PC. It is $9.99 or $6.99 with Game Club membership or 30 day Game Club trial. You can sign up for the trial and cancel it after purchasing the game without being charged extra.

Puzzle Quest 2

Even without the Game Club discount, this is half what Steam charges for the game. They are charging $19.99 now.

To get an extra 20% off, use coupon code: BIGFISH20P

This coupon makes the game only $7.99 or $5.59 with Game Club[/QUOTE]

need to put PC verison in title

if The PC verison is the same as the DS verison expect around a 30 hour game

I used the Windows logo on the title. Figured that was enough...

To cancel your membership, go to the Big Fish homepage. If you are already logged in, click on your User name at the top of the page. If you aren't logged in, log in first. It will take you to your account page. On the left side of the page there is a place to click to Cancel Your Membership.

Anyone who bought it, let us know if it's the Steamworks version. I have a few free game credits available and would buy it if it's the definitive version.

[quote name='kidrocklive']what's so special about the steamworks version?[/QUOTE]
It has multiplayer, while the non-Steamworks version does not from what I understand.

[quote name='Kurina']It has multiplayer, while the non-Steamworks version does not from what I understand.[/QUOTE]

ahh well if nobody has answered it I'll try it when it gets done downloading and see if it is.

[quote name='kidrocklive']ahh well if nobody has answered it I'll try it when it gets done downloading and see if it is.[/QUOTE]

Just put the key in steam.

[quote name='solidsmooky']Just put the key in steam.[/QUOTE]

Don't I have to wait til it downloads though? I looked on my email and my purchase history on the site and couldn't find a key anywhere.

No Achievements or multiplayer? Yeah, if you're patient, it's probably better to wait for another Steam sale. But this is an awesome price who just want to play the campaign straight away.

[quote name='$hady']Very tempting but i'm so spoiled I want the iPhone version to come out. Loved the first one but i've put off buying the DS version because of this plus honestly I never touched the DS since I got my iPhone last year.[/QUOTE]

This has been my issue aswell, i just never carry but DS around but on the iPhone this sounds very intriguing.

Thank you OP and everyone else. paying less than 7 bucks after tax is freaking awesome and why I love this site.
I would love to bypass the bigfish apps and get this on steam so if anyone can answer the question of where the key resides (and if it works), I would appreciate it.

Even without multiplayer, this is a great game. The story mode lasts a really long time. Not sure how many hours I put into it on the DS, but it was a lot. Took me over a month to finish it. And it is replayable since the different character classes play a lot different from each other.

Still trying to get my copy to work here. Not sure why, but I cannot get the game to even start up. I launch the game, but nothing happens, even though two PQ2 processes are showing up in Task Manager each time I click it.

So maddening, really want to play! Hoping BFG support can help, as I am at a loss after trying everything I can think of.

jumped on this, i so far got 8 bigfish games for free and decided to FINALLY spend $$ there. would prefer steam, but it's half of steam's sale price.

Yeah, it took over my life for a month....now I'm debating playing it again with a different character. Assassin the first time through...

iWin is selling it for $14.99, too, though no multiplayer.
Gamehouse has it for $9.99. Again, no multiplayer.

So go Steam if you want multiplayer and Big Fish if you want the campaign for cheap.

bread's done
Back