Puzzle Quest 2 (DS) $27.99 + FSSS + $5 MP3 Credit @ Amazon

Am anxiously awaiting this one, but wondering when the XBLA and or PSP versions might be released. $27 is a bit much for a DS game, but! I just might bite for this one.

Glad to have a release date.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='destro4eva']Am anxiously awaiting this one, but wondering when the XBLA and or PSP versions might be released. $27 is a bit much for a DS game, but! I just might bite for this one.

Glad to have a release date.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

XBLA version hits the end of June. I'm just wondering what the price will be for the XBLA version.

I cannot wait for this game.

With the DS price through, I'm now worried about the XBLA pricing... Wasn't Galactrix pretty expensive?

[quote name='Wingwright']I'm now worried about the XBLA pricing... Wasn't Galactrix pretty expensive?[/QUOTE]Yeah, Galactrix was 1600 Points, where-as the original Puzzle Quest was 1200 upon release. Infinite Interactive's new Puzzle Chronicles, however, was only 800 points... So really, they price these things all across the board.

I'd bet on a 1200 points price-tag, as that seems to be the new 'standard' for noteworthy XBLA offerings, but there's always that chance that they'll want to be greedy.

They'll go for $20 on XBLA. That's what galactrix is I think. The original was $15 when it came out I think, but it's now $10.

EDIT: Well...that was interesting.

[quote name='Ryukahn']XBLA version hits the end of June. I'm just wondering what the price will be for the XBLA version.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the original 1600 pts?

There goes my June.

Loved the first one on my PSP, waiting for the 2nd one to hit PSP, too.

Altho, after the huge mess that was Puzzle Quest Galactix, I'll be waiting for reviews on Puzzle Quest 2 before buying.

After reading Joystiq's preview for Puzzle Quest 2, it's obvious that they stripped away a lot of the RPG/customization elements that were so great in the first Puzzle Quest, so I'm already a bit skeptical.

[quote name='AwRy108']Loved the first one on my PSP, waiting for the 2nd one to hit PSP, too.

Altho, after the huge mess that was Puzzle Quest Galactix, I'll be waiting for reviews on Puzzle Quest 2 before buying.

After reading Joystiq's preview for Puzzle Quest 2, it's obvious that they stripped away a lot of the RPG/customization elements that were so great in the first Puzzle Quest, so I'm already a bit skeptical.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I figure they will learn from the Galactrix mistake and make PQ2 more like PQ1. But if they don't there's always PQ1 expansion, the wraith lord or something.

game would been a first day grab at 19.99 way too much for 29.99

Playing Puzzle kingdoms over and over and over will hold me over till this falls to 19.99

playing the game on facebook makes me want the game even more though

If they decide to bring out a $10 promotional code with purchase of this, I'll jump on it at this price, otherwise, it'll be in the sub-$20 purchase for me.

The XBL versions of PQ1 and PQ: G were so much better than the DS versions, though it's a matter of prettier and on the big screen versus portability between the two.

I think the XBL and PSN versions will hit at 1600 points / $20 at time of release.

[quote name='AwRy108']Loved the first one on my PSP, waiting for the 2nd one to hit PSP, too.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this version is DS and XBLA only. No PSP/Wii ports this time!

Hrm, I love the series, but nearing $30...

Gonna have to think about this one (though I did just get a $10 off credit from Blur, so there is that.)

[quote name='Ryuu555']Unfortunately, this version is DS and XBLA only. No PSP/Wii ports this time![/QUOTE]

Which sucks. I prefer the PSP version to the DS. The graphics were far superior. I went from the PSP to the DS version so that was also a factor. Oh well they don't get my money, no loss for me.

[quote name='Ryuu555']Unfortunately, this version is DS and XBLA only. No PSP/Wii ports this time![/QUOTE]
Not exactly true. They will prob release on most all systems again...may depend on its popularity. They have already announced releases for PC, iPhone, and iPad...plus they have said other versions may be announced later. Heres a link for the PC and such announcement: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Namco-Networks-Brings-Puzzle-bw-3491357862.html?x=0&.v=1.

gonna wait for psn version. hopefully it's more like puzzle quest 1 than galactrix. especially with those terrible loading times and hacking puzzles.
oh yeah and I can't wait for might n magic clash of heroes for psn...sweet!

1) The original Puzzle Quest came out on PSP, DS, and PC right away; in other words, the PSP version wasn't a port, per-say.

2) Anyone who honestly believes that this will stay exclusive to XBLA and DS is a fool--this game will come out on every device imaginable, even if it doesn't happen on day one.

[quote name='AwRy108']1) The original Puzzle Quest came out on PSP, DS, and PC right away; in other words, the PSP version wasn't a port, per-say.

2) Anyone who honestly believes that this will stay exclusive to XBLA and DS is a fool--this game will come out on every device imaginable, even if it doesn't happen on day one.[/QUOTE]

Galactrix never came to the PSP so maybe they just hate that platform (perhaps due to piracy).

[quote name='ssjmichael']Galactrix never came to the PSP so maybe they just hate that platform (perhaps due to piracy).[/QUOTE]

i still like galactix.... the hack gates were a pain in the ass but it was still a fun game

i remember there was a hack on the pc version so you could skip the hack gates, but I never did that. and if they didn't want psp version for piracy why did they do ds/pc versions? aren't those just as pirateable?

[quote name='Velo214']i remember there was a hack on the pc version so you could skip the hack gates, but I never did that. and if they didn't want psp version for piracy why did they do ds/pc versions? aren't those just as pirateable?[/QUOTE]

I can't talk for PC versions, but the DS as a platform still has a huge number of people buying software to offset piracy. The same can't be said about the PSP. The DS has a slightly different demographic, so younger kids are less likely to pirate the game on the DS (considering it's their parents buying it) compared to PSP owners who are mostly 18-25. I don't know if that's why they didn't bother with a PSP version mind you, but a few developers have strayed away from the PSP because of piracy concerns.

Sorry, but I loved Galactrix, better than the Puzzle Quest 1. I always felt the AI was cheating in PQ1... And I actually like the hacking levels...

And I will stick to the DS or PC...really like stylus control and the mouse is good, too.

Can't get into Puzzle Kingdoms...trying to...it is so blah...but M&M Clash of Heroes was awesome.

[quote name='Otty Ott']Sorry, but I loved Galactrix, better than the Puzzle Quest 1. I always felt the AI was cheating in PQ1... And I actually like the hacking levels...

And I will stick to the DS or PC...really like stylus control and the mouse is good, too.

Can't get into Puzzle Kingdoms...trying to...it is so blah...but M&M Clash of Heroes was awesome.[/QUOTE]Trust me, the AI cheats in PQ1 and PQ:G. The game pulls too many "good" combos out at the wrong times for you for it not to be cheating.

Puzzle Quest for the DS was slow as hell. The 360 was the only way to play it. Hopefully they figured out how to program for the DS by now.

[quote name='AwRy108']1) The original Puzzle Quest came out on PSP, DS, and PC right away; in other words, the PSP version wasn't a port, per-say.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, poor wording. I realized after I posted it... I should have said "version" instead of "port." I was referring to the fact that PSP was originally planned.

Saw that someone posted a link about PC and iPhone iterations. Had no idea 'bout those... so maybe Wii/PS3 will see some love. I just have a hard time believing PSP will get it, too :/

bread's done
Back