Puzzle Quest: DS or PSP version?

Exedor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm getting ready to go pick this up within the next 20 mins and looking for advice on which version to get if anyone can help :)?

PSP version has some bugs in it. They do not BREAK the game by any means, but still...its buggy. However it looks a GREAT deal better than the DS version.
The DS version has the touchscreen implimented which makes the game a little more fun IMO.

Either way its a good purchase.

Which handheld system do you usually take with you when you go out? Get that version.

Then get the PC version when it comes out ;)

Yeah, you could hold for the XBLA drop or the PC version. The DS version does not look very impressive, but it gets the job done once you figure out some of the awkward UI choices. If I were you, I'd consider the XBLA or PC releases options as well.

I loved the DS version though, so get what you want.

While I have no experience with the DS version, I will say that the companion bug on the PSP version hasn't affected my enjoyment of it at all. I wouldn't have even known about it had I not read it. Looks great, and controls great too.

This is one game where I played the PC Demo first and wished I hadn't. I ended up getting the DS version and only played it for about 30 minutes before I decided to get rid of it. Normally visuals don't ruin a game for me but this time it did, and I really don't understand why. I'm considering the PSP edition but will probably wait for the XBLA edition instead.

I got the DS version because even if the bug in the PSP version does not completely break the game, I still do not like bugs in my games.

[quote name='davidjinfla']I heard there were bugs in the DS version that make the game hard to read. Sometheing about images overlapping?[/quote]

I have not run into that yet *knocks on wood

[quote name='davidjinfla']I heard there were bugs in the DS version that make the game hard to read. Sometheing about images overlapping?[/QUOTE]It's just some silly non-threatening bug.

When you try to learn a skill or craft items or anything that results in a "battle" type screen from a menu, sometimes when you get out of the battle, the results text overlaps the previous menu text. This also happens when you level up.

But it's no real biggie like making your hard-earned companions completely useless.

bread's done
Back