PX/BX clearance!!! (new games added to clearance)

ninjalunchbox79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Checked out the game section at the Ft.Hood PX , and I noticed that they had some new games clearanced!! I picked up Justice league heroes(xbox)$10 , and Tomb Raider Legend(xbox360)$15 . . . . YAY!!!
Some others I noticed . . .
XBOX
call of chtulla(or however you spell it)
reservoir dogs
justice league heroes
and some more I cant remember. . . .

PS2
the sopranos (both editions are%50 off)
disagea 2

XBOX360
top spin 2
college hoops
some nhl game

PS3
mobile suit gundam(HA HA they had like 20 or so copies)

Also on a side note superman returns Xbox360 is marked @ $59.95 , im waiting for this game to drop some more or go on clearance , anyways it actually scans for $39.95!! Hope this helps anyone looking for some cheap ass games!!

How much is Disgaea 2? I might be interested in buying that off of someone if they can pick up an extra copy.

[quote name='ihadFG']What is PX/BX?[/quote]
I don't quite remember what the abbreviation stands for (I assume BX is Base eXchange), but it's the main store on a military base. I believe BX is for the Air Force.

BX = Base Exchange = Air Force Base

PX = Post Exchange = Army Post

all are run by AAFES which is the Army & Air Force Exchange Service

they are basically like a walmart or target.....they are different sizes, stock different things based on the base or post they are on....for example here at Nellis Air Force Base (Las Vegas) we have the biggest BX in the continental United States...but when i was stationed at Edwards AFB (1.5 hours north of Los Angeles) we had a super small crappy BX that never had deals on anything

[quote name='Malik112099']BX = Base Exchange = Air Force Base

PX = Post Exchange = Army Post

all are run by AAFES which is the Army & Air Force Exchange Service

they are basically like a walmart or target.....they are different sizes, stock different things based on the base or post they are on....for example here at Nellis Air Force Base (Las Vegas) we have the biggest BX in the continental United States...but when i was stationed at Edwards AFB (1.5 hours north of Los Angeles) we had a super small crappy BX that never had deals on anything[/quote]

Oh, thanks.

they are not like walmart or target, 90% of the time of the 3 bases we have been stationed at the PX prices are outragously high. So high the lack of taxes doesn't matter on most items (no they don't charge more for consoles or anything like that). For instance I'm having a baby soon... it is 30 bucks for their little girl dresses, now mind i know that they are 30 bucks at jc pennys too for many of them but pennys usually has sales and the stuff is WAY cuter... not to mention the RAPE that is the electronics section to include tv's and computers and digital cameras... just bought a camera for 180 at hhgreggs... they had the previous model of the camera i bought which was 2 mp less than the one i bought w/ less features for 230$!!! I mean come on, that is BS, serving those who serve my ass....

please note they do price match w/ an add but every time i do this it takes at least 10 min (in every PX i have been in) as they scrutnize the add and try to get out of price matching.... grrr... also when things are advertised on sale in the PX add i find my PX removing these items from the shelves the day before the sale so you can't buy them at the cheaper price... grrrr

I could go on and on about how bad the BX/PX sux, but you all don't want to hear it pardon the venting, i blame the pregnancy hormones.

oh oh and don't even get into the rape that is a PT uniform... my husbands physical conditioning outfit in the airforce is RETARDED, the wind pants are about 60 bucks the wind breaker jacket is another 60 bucks and the shorts that look like little girls cheerleading shorts and have NO pockets and are damn short (i think) are about 15 bucks a wack w/ the only decent part of the outfit being the tshirt which is about 9 bucks a wack... and are mandatory. These just came out last year and everyone had to buy the full set, nice 150 bucks minimum out the window... NOT to mention they have JUST decided to change the PT uniform because they have realized that this one sucks.... so give it another year and we'll have to rebuy all of it because they changed something like the piping on the fricking leg of the gear grrrrrrrr. ok vent over honest.

[quote name='auralia']they are not like walmart or target, 90% of the time of the 3 bases we have been stationed at the PX prices are outragously high. So high the lack of taxes doesn't matter on most items (no they don't charge more for consoles or anything like that). For instance I'm having a baby soon... it is 30 bucks for their little girl dresses, now mind i know that they are 30 bucks at jc pennys too for many of them but pennys usually has sales and the stuff is WAY cuter... not to mention the RAPE that is the electronics section to include tv's and computers and digital cameras... just bought a camera for 180 at hhgreggs... they had the previous model of the camera i bought which was 2 mp less than the one i bought w/ less features for 230$!!! I mean come on, that is BS, serving those who serve my ass....

please note they do price match w/ an add but every time i do this it takes at least 10 min (in every PX i have been in) as they scrutnize the add and try to get out of price matching.... grrr... also when things are advertised on sale in the PX add i find my PX removing these items from the shelves the day before the sale so you can't buy them at the cheaper price... grrrr

I could go on and on about how bad the BX/PX sux, but you all don't want to hear it pardon the venting, i blame the pregnancy hormones.

oh oh and don't even get into the rape that is a PT uniform... my husbands physical conditioning outfit in the airforce is RETARDED, the wind pants are about 60 bucks the wind breaker jacket is another 60 bucks and the shorts that look like little girls cheerleading shorts and have NO pockets and are damn short (i think) are about 15 bucks a wack w/ the only decent part of the outfit being the tshirt which is about 9 bucks a wack... and are mandatory. These just came out last year and everyone had to buy the full set, nice 150 bucks minimum out the window... NOT to mention they have JUST decided to change the PT uniform because they have realized that this one sucks.... so give it another year and we'll have to rebuy all of it because they changed something like the piping on the fricking leg of the gear grrrrrrrr. ok vent over honest.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the PX being a rip off - especially the electronics department.
HOWEVER- I wouldn't whine too loud about the PT uniforms. I'm willing to bet in the Air Force they give you an annual uniform allowance of at least a couple hundred dollars. Compare and contrast being a Marine Corps officer wher we do not get an annual allowance. We got a one time $600 allowance to go towards the $3000 it cost for our uniforms. Most of us have to take out a loan. We also don't have a fancy set of PT uniforms. We have solid green drab t-shirts, shorts, and sweats that are a lot worse than any other of the services and they cost just as much. Just letting you know you don't have it so bad.

[quote name='Airjarhead']I agree with the PX being a rip off - especially the electronics department.
HOWEVER- I wouldn't whine too loud about the PT uniforms. I'm willing to bet in the Air Force they give you an annual uniform allowance of at least a couple hundred dollars. Compare and contrast being a Marine Corps officer wher we do not get an annual allowance. We got a one time $600 allowance to go towards the $3000 it cost for our uniforms. Most of us have to take out a loan. We also don't have a fancy set of PT uniforms. We have solid green drab t-shirts, shorts, and sweats that are a lot worse than any other of the services and they cost just as much. Just letting you know you don't have it so bad.[/QUOTE]

Yea we got an allowance to cover it on the enlsited side. Also the BX has decent prices on some items. And when they clearance stuff they go all out about it

[quote name='auralia']they are not like walmart or target, 90% of the time of the 3 bases we have been stationed at the PX prices are outragously high. So high the lack of taxes doesn't matter on most items (no they don't charge more for consoles or anything like that). For instance I'm having a baby soon... it is 30 bucks for their little girl dresses, now mind i know that they are 30 bucks at jc pennys too for many of them but pennys usually has sales and the stuff is WAY cuter... not to mention the RAPE that is the electronics section to include tv's and computers and digital cameras... just bought a camera for 180 at hhgreggs... they had the previous model of the camera i bought which was 2 mp less than the one i bought w/ less features for 230$!!! I mean come on, that is BS, serving those who serve my ass....

oh oh and don't even get into the rape that is a PT uniform... my husbands physical conditioning outfit in the airforce is RETARDED, the wind pants are about 60 bucks the wind breaker jacket is another 60 bucks and the shorts that look like little girls cheerleading shorts and have NO pockets and are damn short (i think) are about 15 bucks a wack w/ the only decent part of the outfit being the tshirt which is about 9 bucks a wack... and are mandatory. These just came out last year and everyone had to buy the full set, nice 150 bucks minimum out the window... NOT to mention they have JUST decided to change the PT uniform because they have realized that this one sucks.... so give it another year and we'll have to rebuy all of it because they changed something like the piping on the fricking leg of the gear grrrrrrrr. ok vent over honest.[/quote]

wow...you are skewed...they ARE like a walmart or target....they have all the same depts as a walmart or target and sell many similar products...as for price matching...anything under $5 is automatically price matched with no question and anything over $5 req an advert.....they also take competitors coupons (i gave the CC $40 off $199 coupon to a friend in my shop and he went to the BX and paid $159 out the door for his X360 HD-DVD player)......also....bitching about mandatory uniforms is pointless because they let you know about mandatory uniform changes at LEASt a year in advance and give you the amount it costs + some in the annual clothing allowance.....i dont know about the PX's too much....but the BX's really arent that bad......you must also remember that the air force has a MUCH higher standard of living than any of the other branches so we really do end up getting nicer things (which IMHPO is BS, all branches should get equal amounts of good things)......anyways..... i wouldnt know what im talking about having been stationed at 4 bases + tech school in the last 8 years ive been in the air force

[quote name='Malik112099']wow...you are skewed...they ARE like a walmart or target....they have all the same depts as a walmart or target and sell many similar products...as for price matching...anything under $5 is automatically price matched with no question and anything over $5 req an advert.....they also take competitors coupons (i gave the CC $40 off $199 coupon to a friend in my shop and he went to the BX and paid $159 out the door for his X360 HD-DVD player)......also....bitching about mandatory uniforms is pointless because they let you know about mandatory uniform changes at LEASt a year in advance and give you the amount it costs + some in the annual clothing allowance.....i dont know about the PX's too much....but the BX's really arent that bad......you must also remember that the air force has a MUCH higher standard of living than any of the other branches so we really do end up getting nicer things (which IMHPO is BS, all branches should get equal amounts of good things)......anyways..... i wouldnt know what im talking about having been stationed at 4 bases + tech school in the last 8 years ive been in the air force[/QUOTE]

The dude mentioned he is an officer they don't get clothing allowances. Back to the PFE for you!!:lol: Also we do pay for the nicer things by having a slower promotion rate which is a trade off I will take

[quote name='jlarlee']The dude mentioned he is an officer they don't get clothing allowances. Back to the PFE for you!!:lol: Also we do pay for the nicer things by having a slower promotion rate which is a trade off I will take[/quote]

its a chick and her husband is in the military and she doesnt say anything about him being an officer....also..officers get paid a LOT more than enlisted and have more benefits (like single officer fully furnished base housing) ... so i think they can afford to cough up the money for clothing....

also if you have a fry's in your area grab the ad and go get GRAW 2 for $34.99 with no tax

an 0-1 makes more than an e-5 thats why officers don't get clothing alowances... also their BAH is higher as well. Of course you guys have 4 year degrees or went to the acadamy, thats why the pay is higher. the first year my husband was in the military (not married then, but were dating) he made a wopping 14000. of course his food/house was payed for, but still, compair that to an entering 0-1. the 0-1 has to pay for the uniforms because he/she can afford it.

my PX luck aparently does suck though because I do have to fight tooth and nail for price matches (where my brother in law at the nex has no problems)... the diff btwn walmart vs px is price and items... walmart doesn't carry calvin cline and clnique (sp) and yankee candles.... these are what you find in at least half of the PX along w/ waterford crystal and such. That doesn't say walmart to me.

4 bases and 8 years here as well. (well 4 for him and 3 for me lackland excluded, you cant do anything during basic)

note my problem w/ the PT gear is more that it sux than anything (poor design) it is being replaced after just one year. watch your tax payer money
go down the drain... how bout they buy my friends in iraq some bullet proof vests that fit instead?

no he didn't get an extra clothing alowance to cover it but he was supposed to

and as a huge negative, never have been and never will be stationed at an air base, always army bases.

just justifying my rantings at least a little bit...

great px story... they do these 10% off any one item coupon things every now and then.... we needed a washer, coupon amounted to about 45 bucks off (and then no taxes of course) it took us over 30 minutes to get them to approve Their Own coupon that they had given us at the Door that Day that had No exclusions. And even then it involved 2 managers to get it done.

[quote name='auralia']an 0-1 makes more than an e-5 thats why officers don't get clothing alowances... also their BAH is higher as well. Of course you guys have 4 year degrees or went to the acadamy, thats why the pay is higher. the first year my husband was in the military (not married then, but were dating) he made a wopping 14000. of course his food/house was payed for, but still, compair that to an entering 0-1. the 0-1 has to pay for the uniforms because he/she can afford it.

my PX luck aparently does suck though because I do have to fight tooth and nail for price matches (where my brother in law at the nex has no problems)... the diff btwn walmart vs px is price and items... walmart doesn't carry calvin cline and clnique (sp) and yankee candles.... these are what you find in at least half of the PX along w/ waterford crystal and such. That doesn't say walmart to me.

4 bases and 8 years here as well. (well 4 for him and 3 for me lackland excluded, you cant do anything during basic)

Even better is the 20% one they trot out during the holidays

note my problem w/ the PT gear is more that it sux than anything (poor design) it is being replaced after just one year. watch your tax payer money
go down the drain... how bout they buy my friends in iraq some bullet proof vests that fit instead?

no he didn't get an extra clothing alowance to cover it but he was supposed to

and as a huge negative, never have been and never will be stationed at an air base, always army bases.

just justifying my rantings at least a little bit...

great px story... they do these 10% off any one item coupon things every now and then.... we needed a washer, coupon amounted to about 45 bucks off (and then no taxes of course) it took us over 30 minutes to get them to approve Their Own coupon that they had given us at the Door that Day that had No exclusions. And even then it involved 2 managers to get it done.[/QUOTE]
Even better is the 20% one they trot out during the holidays

Meh... the selection at the Fort Hood Warrior Way PX sucks. Just look at their 360 selection. There's slots for about 35 games, yet there's only 12 games there. The newest one being Lost Planet. They used to be so good in stocking newer games, but now I don't even bother to check anymore.

Every now and then the warrior way px has some decent clearance prices, but overall it's piss poor. Usually the clearance section is full of 2005 sports games.

Anyway, I used to always price match at the px thanks to no taxes, but apparently the manager looks at the flyers every week and pulls the items that are on sale at other places. When K-mart had a sale on 360 wireless controllers a few weeks ago, I went first to the px (partly being that it's only a 5 min drive), but no their whole stock mysteriously vanished, and then reappeared the next sunday.

I dunno, I used to like that px, but it's gone down the tubes lately. Don't get me started on how they rip you off on general electronics...

you know wat that sounds true to me too , i did the same thing with the controllers and mysteriously they had none!! but yea there 360 selection does suk , and yes most of the clearance games are 05 sports titles , but you just hav to catch there new clearance games when they put them out , cuz all the good stuff goes first!!

bread's done
Back