Q1 purchases

Yanksfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Q1 is just amazing if you are a DS owner. I have actually had to list out my interests as they are becoming so many. I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else is geared towards as well.

Here is what I am looking at:

Must Buys

Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars
Dragon Quest V
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Henry Hatsworth
Puzzle Quest Galatrix
Retro Game Challenge
Suikoden Tierkreis

Likely Purchases

Steal Princess
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

Interested

GTA: China Wars
Pokemon: Platinum
Tokyo
Beat Down

Yeah, I was just thinking this myself. There's way too much stuff I want to get in the next couple months.

Must Buys

Legacy of Y's: Books I & II (2/10)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (2/16)
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (2/17)
The Dark Spire (3/10)
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (3/17)
Suikoden Tierkreis (3/17)

Likely Purchases

My World, My Way (2/3)
Blue Dragon Plus (2/24)
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (2/24)
Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled (3/8)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (3/24)
Infinite Space (3/24)

Interested In

Big Bang Mini (1/21)
Retro Game Challenge (2/10)
Avalon Code (2/24)
Gardening Mama (3/2)
Brave: Shaman's Challenge (3/2)
Boing! Dokomodake DS (3/10)
Trackmania (3/10)
Tokyo Beat Down (3/10)
Steal Princess (3/24)

Damn, February 16th (Fire Emblem, DQV) and March 17th (VP, Suikoden) are looking particularly brutal for me.

[quote name='Josef']Yeah, I was just thinking this myself. There's way too much stuff I want to get in the next couple months.

Damn, February 16th (Fire Emblem, DQV) and March 17th (VP, Suikoden) are looking particularly brutal for me.[/quote]

Man, there are a few on your list that I had forgotten about. Is Black Sigil actually coming out that date?

My list of games to buy [eventually] is ridiculously long, but my only definite purchases during Q1 are Fire Emblem and FFCC. Trying to continue my one game at a time approach, so if I finish FE quickly, another game will be bought.

Should finish Soul Bubbles (great game) this week, so I might have to grab a DS game to play for the next 2-3 weeks, but the Q1 onslaught doesn't start till February and I still haven't bought CT or FFIV yet.

Like botticus, my list of "titles I want to pick up" is stupidly long for the DS. Unfortunately, the only titles I'm getting Day 1 are Pokemon Platinum and Fire Emblem.

Yea, Q1 is looking awesome, which is great considering I'll have to start doing a little traveling with my job.

But let me preface by saying its about time, last year was not a good DS year in my book.

For sure:

GTA Chinatown
Black Sigil (I think this was the thread that Wildnuts started? awesome looking game).
Pokemon Plat.
DQV

Other (last year) pickups that I have waited for a good coupon or a price drop:

Chrono Trigger
DQIV

[quote name='Yanksfan']Man, there are a few on your list that I had forgotten about. Is Black Sigil actually coming out that date?[/QUOTE]

I hope so, though it's been getting pushed back constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed again, unfortunately :cry:

These are mine:

Dragon Quest V
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Puzzle Quest Galatrix
Suikoden Tierkreis
Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled ( Will wait for reviews on this one)

...once I find them cheap enough, of course! ;)

There are always too many good DS games being released. I already own close to 80 DS games, and there are still 4-5 just from the past few months I still want. My DS backlog is always much bigger than any other system.

But yeah, there are at least 3-4 definite must haves in February alone.

Hmm, I've looked and there isn't anything that I'm terribly interested in. Where are the platformers or action games?

As it is, I'm somewhat interested in Infinite Space (is there any combat? The screenshots don't show much) and Henry Hatsworth.

Must Buy
Dragon Quest V

Likely Purchases
Suikoden Tierkreis
Valkyrie Profile DS

Interested In
Avalon Code
My World, My Way
Tokyo Beatdown
Black Sigil

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's looking pretty slow for me this year. The only games I'm really interested in are Retro Game Challenge and Dragon Quest V, and I'm in no hurry to pick up DQV since I haven't finished IV yet. I already have the TurboGrafx-16 version of Ys Books I & II on Virtual Console or else I might be more interested in that.

C.O.R.E. is a definite buy, Moon and Trackmania DS a maybe. That's all for now.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-cVSECyW1c[/media]

DQ5
Big bang Mini

March: :shock:
Lux Pain
Henry Hatsworth
FF:CC
GTA
Broken Sword
Black Sigil

Plus six more games (so far) that come out before the year is over!

bread's done
Back