Question - 2 Xbox 360s - Share one account?

bordjon

CAGiversary!
Ok - so I've searched google and read some info regarding this but still need a little clarification.

I currently have 1 xbox 360 with 1 xbox live gold account. I am looking to get a second xbox 360 arcade (and use a usb thumb drive) for the bedroom which I want to watch netflix and use as a media center extender and maybe play a few xbox arcade games on. I don't want to get a second xbox live account.

I would like to be able to just turn one of the xboxes on and have my account automatically log in on whichever I turn on. I understand I can't have that account logged in on both at the same time. I don't need that. But what isn't clear - do I have to plug/unplug a usb drive with my account on it each time I turn the thing on. Or can my living room xbox keep the account on the hard drive and the bedroom xbox keep the account on the usb drive and it just auto log on when I turn the thing on?

Your account is tied to the storage device. So if it's active on the USB, that means you can't use it (online) on the hard drive on another Xbox. (if you try to use your stored profile from another storage device, it will give you an error and say you have to recover the gamertag)

All you need to do is buy a USB stick, use it on whatever Xbox you are using, and it will automatically load your profile if the USB is in when you turn it on.

yea you can't. you can treat your profile like a physical object. you have to transfer it over back to each xbox from a usb stick

thanks for the responses - I see now - talking about it as a single, un-copyable physical object that must be physically transferred makes sense. Though that's a pain in the ass for me and I wish it wasn't like that I suppose I have to do it.

bread's done
Back