Question about Amazon Credit Card Promo

Lorik

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, i was browsing amazon.com today and noticed this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=pd_cc_dp_d_u_lt30_am_T3/104-4045485-6494308

Basically it says if I sign up for their credit card, I get a $30 gift certificate to their online store. I was wondering if anyone here tried doing this, I'm sure I'm missing some fine print somewhere. I was planning on getting the card, getting a couple DVDs with the gift certificate/credit, and then chopping up the card and never using it for any real purchases. Anyone tried this and can give me feedback as to whether it's safe to try this or not? Thanks.

My main worry is that I'll have to use the card by some fine print agreement I'm not noticing, that was my fear. Figured I would clarify.

Nah, their price is a bit high compared to their early days, they make enough to be giving away 30 bucks as a one-time-only incentive.

Well I've been meaning to buy Star Wars episodes 1 & 2, just to have them. So if I don't have to pay money for them, I'll take em! Thanks.

I have this card and it rocks. It's paid for christmas gifts for the kids and wife this last year. 3 points for each dollar spend at amazon.com and 1 point for every dollar spent elsewhere. Auto rewards at 2500 points ($25 amazon gc).

Love this card.

I also have this card and love it. Before I got this card, I used a credit card that had no rewards. Now, it's nice to know that I get some of my money back in the form of an Amazon gift certificate.

I also have this card, and I love it. I suppose you could get the rewards and then get rid of it, but it really is a good card. The customer service has been always excellent when I have transaction problems, and the rewards program is nice. (I'm getting those gift certificates a little frequently though... not a good sign in terms of spending.)

lol, I didn't know I was quoted in a sig. I feel so honored... Thanks cheapass Gundam :)

[quote name='mcwilliams132']3 points for each dollar spend at amazon.com and 1 point for every dollar spent elsewhere. Auto rewards at 2500 points ($25 amazon gc).[/QUOTE] So you have to spend $2500 (elsewhere) or $833 (at amazon), just to get a $25 coupon.

I don't think I like that deal. I'd prefer to just use my Discover Card, which gives me 1% Cash Back, instantly, that I can spend anywhere. Just this past month, I got back $20 cash.

Or a AAA Card which gives ~10 cents off each gallon of gasoline.

I did take advantage of the $30 coupon for opening the amazon card, but after that, I don't see much value. So now it just collects dust.

troy

I have one, and just got my second Gift Certificate form purchases. If you buy a lot from Amazon anyways, it makes sense to have one. You get $30 right off the bat, and for soemone like me, who places $300-400 orders for books every semester, it pays off quickly.

I just got my first $25 Gift certificate. I never keep s bslsnce on the card, so I've saved $55 at Amazon already!

bread's done
Back