Question about amazon/debit card payment

Oktoberfest

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
ok so I bought a PS3 with my WaMu debit card via Amazon... when I would check my balance on their website, the available balance would be $400 less than the Ledger Balance. Normal.

Then the pending $400 payment just disappeared a few days later and I got $400 back in the available balance...

And now the PS3 has come today and I still don't have the PS3 purchase deducted from my balance on my online statements... is this normal?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']ok so I bought a PS3 with my WaMu debit card via Amazon... when I would check my balance on their website, the available balance would be $400 less than the Ledger Balance. Normal.

Then the pending $400 payment just disappeared a few days later and I got $400 back in the available balance...

And now the PS3 has come today and I still don't have the PS3 purchase deducted from my balance on my online statements... is this normal?[/quote]

You should call amzon and ask just to make sure

[quote name='Oktoberfest']
And now the PS3 has come today and I still don't have the PS3 purchase deducted from my balance on my online statements... is this normal?[/quote]
i can't say for sure in your situation, but i've had stuff like that happen, and then had the correct charge/withdrawal show up a few days later. in any event, i'd leave the funds there until the thing is straightened out. nobody likes "insufficient funds" fees.

Use a prepaid card, which then stops them from stripping your account bare if you think 'they must've forgotten to charge me', since it's not connected to your bank account(s).

Although, I've found out that some sites(familyvideo.com) don't seem to take the prepaid ones or decline them anyway, so in some cases you may be SOL.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']ok so I bought a PS3 with my WaMu debit card via Amazon... when I would check my balance on their website, the available balance would be $400 less than the Ledger Balance. Normal.

And now the PS3 has come today and I still don't have the PS3 purchase deducted from my balance on my online statements... is this normal?[/QUOTE]

The "hold" on your funds has expired, but Amazon will be able to make a charge in the full amount of the order when the actual "charge" order goes through to your bank. It sometimes takes a few days for that "charge" order to go through, but since there were enough funds for the "hold" the bank will allow the Amazon charge to go through, so if you move money you'll likely have it removed from any other account you have with them and also get an NSF fee as well.

Yup, it's normal. Money disappears for a day, then comes back, then gets taken again a day or two later.

It's not much of a problem as long as you pay attention to your account.

bread's done
Back