Question about BB movie rental coupon policy

CENNY

CAGiversary!
Wasn't sure where to put this thread, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I was wondering if somebody who knows BB or who has experience using coupons with them could help. I have a lot of free DVD rental coupons that I get from using the points on my credit card, and I've been doing this for over a year. Typically when I get enough points, I redeem them for an e-coupon pack of 5 free movie rentals.

Anyway, last time I went in to my local BB and tried to rent a movie with a free rental coupon, the guy scanned it and instead of the machine accepting it like normal, it beeped and he said the screen read something like "coupon limit exceeded". He asked me if I had used the same coupon before, I said no (I print out each coupon only once, and hand them in to the BB person when I use them, so it's not possible that I used a coupon twice).

So my question is what's going on? The coupons I use are perfectly legitimate free rental coupons, and I only use them once. Nowhere in the coupon fine print can I see anything about there being a limit to how many I can use. Do BB have some new policy where they limit free rental coupons? I've been using them for 1year+ without any problems. That was, until now. I don't know if it's that I rented too many movies in a month, or if I used too many coupons overall, but it now seems to be a problem, and I still have like 20 coupons sitting there ready to be used! If I had known, I would have used my credit card points on something else. So I'm not too happy about this.

If anyone has any insight, I'd like to hear it. Thanks.

Sounds like somebody figured out the random codes generated for the coupons and has already used it. I had this problem with a couple of the coke rewards ones. Just try a couple more and see if they work.

They didnt for me the same way
7.gif

Blockbuster is going out of business soon just like Circuit City and Rite Aide, be sure to get those coupons used before they shut their doors, complain to a manager at 7pm on a friday when they're busiest, you'll get some action done.

Thanks for the input guys. Just as an update, a friend tried using one of the coupons on his account, and got the same response from the BB guy- the computer said "coupon limit exceeded". This time, the guy even said something like according to the computer, the coupon had already been used in 2008! (actually I only printed the coupons like this year, so I know something's definitely wrong somewhere)

So that means it's nothing to do with my account or me using too many coupons in a row, as I previously suspected. It seems like all the coupons are going to have problems if I try and use them. And I still have 16 of them. This sucks. Like I said before, if I had known I would have these problems, I would have used my credit card points on something else, like free DVDs or something.

Out of curiousity, is anyone else experiencing problem trying to use any kind of free DVD rental coupons right now at BB? I heard the company isn't doing too great, which gets me wondering...

bread's done
Back