Question about cancelling amazon pre-order

littleslayer15

CAGiversary!
I posted a few months back how if you pre-order killzone mercenary you get soul sacrifice for $10. I don't really want to wait 5 days (give or take a few days) for it to come here in the mail, but I have soul sacrifice to tide myself over. I have waited today and I didn't get an email saying my game was shipped, so I checked the release date and they say it comes out september 17th instead of september 10th (today). If I cancel my pre-order do you guys know if they wont refund me all my money because they will take into account that soul sacrifice was on a discount?

In my experience, Amazon usually knows when a promotion has been taken advantage of.  However, Amazon doesn't have anything to refund you right now, because you're not charged until the item ships.  You're in a unique position, and I don't know what they'll do, but I'd assume that it'll be a settlement according to what your rightful total without the promotion would be.

If you're earnest in still wanting the game, just wait a week.  Or, go buy it at Future Shop or whatever now, then return your sealed Amazon copy to that store when it arrives.

My brother has returned some games he got from amazon to walmart. Sometimes it works, but other times the barcode is different. I would hate to be stuck with 2 copies of it.

From my experience they would refund all your money and then recharge you for any products you have left all in one fell swoop.

In otherwords Killzone and soul sacrfice would both be refunded and then they will charge you for soul sacrfise by yourself if you choose to still order it.

At least that's how it work for my preorder special cancellation.

I was wondering why i hadn't got my email either. They are releasing it a week late? which is weird. it was Preordered. Shouldn't i have received it day of or within a few days.

Have to say this was their cock up. They should be giving some sort of discount or refund. Why would we PRE order a game then it takes a week to process after its been released.

Luckily i got into the beta and played my fill so i'm eager, but not desperate to play it. I will wait the time it takes to receive it. 

I might raise a stink also.

Yeah, I was really surprised. I sent amazon an email about it and I got a pretty long reply, but this stood out to me:

"It is not uncommon for there to be a delay of several weeks between the release and distribution of a new publication."

So this happens often? They also said they would ship "the rest of my order at no extra cost" (soul sacrifice) even though they already shipped me soul sacrifice. Anyway I bought killzone from walmart and kept my amazon order and luckly I was able to return the amazon Killzone to walmart.

Yeah, I was really surprised. I sent amazon an email about it and I got a pretty long reply, but this stood out to me:

"It is not uncommon for there to be a delay of several weeks between the release and distribution of a new publication."

So this happens often? They also said they would ship "the rest of my order at no extra cost" (soul sacrifice) even though they already shipped me soul sacrifice. Anyway I bought killzone from walmart and kept my amazon order and luckly I was able to return the amazon Killzone to walmart.
Yes, it's not uncommon, it has happened to me a few times. I didn't end up getting Muramasa Rebirth until 5-6 weeks after the release date. I had pre-ordered Under Defeat HD (physical deluxe edition) and 2 months after the release date, Amazon emailed me and told me they were cancelling the order because they couldn't find anymore copies.

bread's done
Back