question about cheap memory cards

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
i wanted to know if any of you have had any luck with cheap non nintendo brand memory cards. i could use a new one so if i could find a cheap one or one of those big memory cards id go for it or is it better to bite the bullet and just go name brand?

name brand, especially for mem cards, do you have any idea how frustrating it is to have spent 100+ hours on a game and have the data corrupt the next time you load it, profanity just FILLS the air

Only buy first party, brand named memory cards.

Just buy some used cards, they can't be that much. I luckily got in on the great deal of the Nintendo 1,000+ space $7.50 memory cards TRU had last month.

Always buy Nintendo First Party memory cards. I can't tell you the frustration of losing my game saves to a crappy, held together with cheap glue, Nyko or Mad Catz memory card.

can you copy saved data from one card to another card? I got my son a gamecube and wanted to make an extra card so he can leave one in the wii and one in the gamecube.

[quote name='maigoyume']for some games you can't, i don't know why, F-Zero GX is one of those games and animal crossing[/QUOTE]
It's probably got to do with gaining an unfair advantage in the games in question. In Animal Crossing, having two separate versions of the same town could cause issues with things like random events and items (not to mention the prospect of traveling between the two identical towns and the character transfer involved with it); with F-Zero GX, it's probably due to the link to the arcade game that was never really pushed here in America, the one that allowed you to take your custom cars from the Cube version and race them on the masterpiece that was F-Zero AX.

Off the top of my head, the only other games that come to mind that might have a reason for not allowing that would be the Pokémon titles, so you couldn't pull off any cloning tricks. Beyond that, I can't think of any other titles that would have that limitation.

With the vast majority of games, you're probably fine. :)

Back to the original topic...I've got a cheap third party 1019 card I got from Wal-Mart last summer that's been working flawlessly. That said, the only reason why I bought it was so that my sister could have an Animal Crossing town and so I could backup save files. My first party card is and most likely always will be my "real" memory card.

I'd absolutely get a first party one as your only or primary memory card, just because they're the most trustworthy.

I got a Joytech 16 meg card for $9.99 at Wal-Mart 2 years ago and it's worked flawless and it's used nearly every day.I also have a Madkatz 1X which has worked just fine .The ram in most of the cards including Nintendo brand are all chinese or Taiwan so there's no difference at all and Joytech make products to Eoropean import standards .The Joytech is rumoured to be made by the same company who makes Nintendo cards.Now I have had trouble with 3rd party N64 memory cards and some PS0ne 3rd party cards.

[quote name='mickeyp']can you copy saved data from one card to another card? I got my son a gamecube and wanted to make an extra card so he can leave one in the wii and one in the gamecube.[/quote]

How do you save from one card to another?

bread's done
Back