Question About Component Connection

naruto179

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My TV is old, and does not have a component connection, only composite. I have a DVD player that has component connections. If I were to connect Wii (or Gamecube) through the DVD player with component cables, and then from the DVD player to the TV with composite, would there be any video quality increase?

[quote name='naruto179']My TV is old, and does not have a component connection, only composite. I have a DVD player that has component connections. If I were to connect Wii (or Gamecube) through the DVD player with component cables, and then from the DVD player to the TV with composite, would there be any video quality increase?[/QUOTE]

No. You'll get roughly the same quality; however, you may introduce some lag due to the video being converted in the DVD player, depending on what the player expects from the component cables.

Just go straight from the Wii to your TV (or a switcher box) via composite. If you get a new TV, then consider upgrading to component.

There would be no difference - perhaps even worse quality. It's also likely that your DVD player won't even output composite video with a component source.

bread's done
Back