Question about DVD returns to a B&M store using an Amazon purchase

Sakabadger

CAGiversary!
I placed an order for Planet Earth via Amazon yesterday, but it wasn't until I got the confirmation e-mail that I saw it wouldn't be shipping until the 17th. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but I'll be gone with my family before it gets here.

I know there are some other places around here (like Borders or Barnes and Noble) that sell the BBC version (the same as I bought on Amazon), so here's what I'm wondering:

Can I buy the DVDs from barnes and Noble and then later return the set that I got from Amazon? Or is that a no-no?

As long as it's unopened and the same item/same UPC, and you have your B&M receipt, it shouldn't be a problem. I've definitely done that, bought something at B&M, found it cheaper online, ordered online, returned the online one to the store with my B&M receipt.

Allright, thanks for the responses.

I've located a store which should have the item in stock, so I'll go check it out tomorrow. I can't really verify what the item UPC is on Amazon, but I guess there are only so many 5-disc BBC video Planet: Earth sets around...

bread's done
Back