Question about earning PSN points

shivan128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
Hello,

I'm posting here because someone had recommended me to do so, but I'm wondering how all of you earn your PSN points (similar to that of earning bing for XBL points). Is there an avenue to do this sort of thing for PSN?

I'm currently filling out surveys at e-rewards for GS gift cards and buying PSN cards. I've also considered trading XBL points for PSN. These two methods are slow, but work to some degree. What I'm really trying to do is find out more methods so that I can earn more PSN without costing me actual dollars. Anyone else have ways of doing this? I'd be interested in hearing what other means are available.

Thanks in advance!

Work at McDonald would be MUCH better than doing those lame surveys. But I guess that's also depend on how old you are. Those survey sites are mostly waste of time in my opinions. Too much work for too little reward. Nothing really ever come free.

[quote name='luan87us']Work at McDonald would be MUCH better than doing those lame surveys. But I guess that's also depend on how old you are. Those survey sites are mostly waste of time in my opinions. Too much work for too little reward. Nothing really ever come free.[/QUOTE]
I have a full time job thanks, I just do this on the side since I refuse to pay for DLC that I can not physically carry in my hands.

[quote name='shivan128']I have a full time job thanks, I just do this on the side since I refuse to pay for DLC that I can not physically carry in my hands.[/QUOTE]

That what I used to think. However it's the 21st century now man. Stuff are getting digitalized. We just have to get with the time. The good ole days of a game that comes with everything the game supposed to have has ended sadly =( Though if you buy a lot of DLC that could be a problem. Try gamesharing?

[quote name='luan87us']That what I used to think. However it's the 21st century now man. Stuff are getting digitalized. We just have to get with the time. The good ole days of a game that comes with everything the game supposed to have has ended sadly =( Though if you buy a lot of DLC that could be a problem. Try gamesharing?[/QUOTE]

I'm ok with digital versions of games, I just do not way to pay for them. Gamesharing still requires me to chip in to the total cost of the game and requires me to hand over information to others, both of which I am not looking to do. I just want ways to earn credit for PSN points directly, or credit for something that I can convert into PSN points. Getting a 2nd job (at mcdonalds is not feasible).

[quote name='shivan128']Hello,

I'm posting here because someone had recommended me to do so, but I'm wondering how all of you earn your PSN points (similar to that of earning bing for XBL points). Is there an avenue to do this sort of thing for PSN?

I'm currently filling out surveys at e-rewards for GS gift cards and buying PSN cards. I've also considered trading XBL points for PSN. These two methods are slow, but work to some degree. What I'm really trying to do is find out more methods so that I can earn more PSN without costing me actual dollars. Anyone else have ways of doing this? I'd be interested in hearing what other means are available.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

This is a VERY good question!
I have been looking for the same thing.
Most of those "earn points" sites want way too much information that I consider private/personal and offer really nothing in return.
While erewards is not nearly as bad, I gave up after 2 years of points expiring because I could not earn enough to get anything besides magazine subscriptions.

Sony credit card through Capital One and the Sony Rewards website. 1000 pts gets you a $10 PSN card through e-mail. You get 1 pt for each $1 charged on the credit card and 10 pts each weekday on the Sony Rewards Wheel of Fortune website by correctly answering the bonus puzzle. This reward perk use to be much better and has deteriorated throughout 2011. There is a forum for Sony Rewards in the PS3 forum on CAG.

short answer no, there is no way to get free psn card asides from winning them in various online contests. i really don't trust those other "survey" sites that ask you to sign up for trial stuff in order to get credit which then can be redeemed for various point cards.

in response to spending real cash on digital items; i know where you're coming from. i prefer something tangible myself. but nowadays it's all digital. the best analogy i can think of is paper money. literally not worth the paper its printed on but just because you can hold it doesn't make it more valuable than what you have in your bank account

[quote name='tokyostomp']short answer no, there is no way to get free psn card asides from winning them in various online contests. i really don't trust those other "survey" sites that ask you to sign up for trial stuff in order to get credit which then can be redeemed for various point cards.
[/QUOTE]

Just because you don't trust them doesn't mean they don't work. I've been using points2shop for almost 2 years now just in my spare time and by having my ref link in my sig, and I've gotten probably $200 in free stuff from amazon.

The online survey offer sites, such as Points2shop or Prizerebel do work, however, their time/effort to payment ratio is pretty bad, and you'll probably be better off finding a part time job or something.

[quote name='WonkyToad'].....
While erewards is not nearly as bad, I gave up after 2 years of points expiring because I could not earn enough to get anything besides magazine subscriptions.[/QUOTE]

Really? I joined E-rewards last February and have earned enough credits to get four $25 Gamestop giftcards, and it takes $50 in credits to redeem for a $25 gsgc. I recently even got a notice that my current points won't expire and get reduced 75% upon my anniversary because I'm a 'Valued Member.' IDK what I've done to qualify for so many of the surveys, I just answered everything honestly. Maybe it's because I'm married with two children, your typical American household. An ideal marketing research group.

[quote name='PottyPops']Really? I joined E-rewards last February and have earned enough credits to get four $25 Gamestop giftcards, and it takes $50 in credits to redeem for a $25 gsgc. I recently even got a notice that my current points won't expire and get reduced 75% upon my anniversary because I'm a 'Valued Member.' IDK what I've done to qualify for so many of the surveys, I just answered everything honestly. Maybe it's because I'm married with two children, your typical American household. An ideal marketing research group.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i set the number of surveys to the max and typically get between 7-10 offers a week. I can usually bang out a $25 GC to gamestop in 2-3 months time. I also use mypoints, but this one takes upwards of 6 months to redeem the same amount. I've never heard of the other 2 survey/points2click or whatever, but i'll check those out too, thanks for the responses so far.

BTW: I'm a father with 2 children also.

bread's done
Back