question about ebay asshattery

Synergy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I haven't used ebay in awhile, mostly because of scams and bullshit.

Anyway, I had an item I didn't feel like selling on craigslist. Long story short, I sold it on ebay. Unfortunately, the buyer seems to be a Nigerian scammer. I got fake paypal emails and the prompt to "ship now" with all the requisite bullshit. So clearly I'm not going to get paid.

My question is, how do I bring this to ebay's attention so I can move forward - ie, get my fees credited and relist it asap. I poked around the help pages and couldn't find anything. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

I think you have to wait a week before you can do anything. After that you can file a report with eBay of a non-paying bidder. I think you have to wait another week for the buyer to respond. If nothing happens by this point, eBay will refund all of your fees and the buyer will get a non-paying buyer strike on their account.

Okay, that's what I was afraid of. A week of sitting on my hands. What a waste of time. Nice reminder of why I left ebay.

Thanks.

[quote name='Synergy']Okay, that's what I was afraid of. A week of sitting on my hands. What a waste of time. Nice reminder of why I left ebay.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Also a nice reminder of why they set up the option to not allow bidders unless they're from the country you're in. Look at the "buyer requirements" towards the bottom of the page when you're listing an item.

bread's done
Back