Question about gamestop.com

ayuchan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I want to order a new game from gamestop online, has anyone ever ordered anything from the actual website? Do they ship the new games originally sealed or were they opened up, like you sometimes get them in their stores. How is the packaging of the games?
Hope someone can help me. Thx!

If you order new, you'll receive it brand new in shrink wrap just like getting it from the store. Used is a bit more random,though: usually on newer games you'll get a complete copy, but for older games it's hit or miss.

Good thing about ordering used is all the coupons you can stack (Edge, CAG16) and the fact that if it doesn't come complete or doesn't work, you can swap it for a better copy at a retail store if you have the receipts. So, I wouldn't really recommend ordering new off of the GS website unless you can manage to get free shipping, as it'll end up being a lot more expensive than just going to the store to pick up a copy.

This is a good question i m interested. I m guessing since its shipped from a warehouse not a store they prob don't gut the games like they do in stores. Lets wait till someone who has order though give us an answer

i just got mass effect 2 disc new from them, they come new and factory sealed unless you are buying used, dont forget to use coupon code SAVER if you spend over 25 bucks to get free shipping

When EBGames.com was seperate, I got a few re-shrinkwrapped games. Some XBox games were even missing the security seals.

I haven't ordered many new games from Gamestop.com since the merger but all were new.

Yeah, that's not right. In store, I don't care, because I can refuse the transaction. But for people to send you clearly opened merchandise, that's not kosher in my book.

I wasn't happy about it but it was $2.99 and $4.99 games so didn't bother complaining. However I would have never ordered anything more than $9.99 new because at that price I would have been more annoyed.

I stopped buying new games in store at EB when I bought a $2.99 PS2 game that had food crumbs in the instruction manual. It's bad enough they sell opened games as new but that is ridiculous for a game they claim is "new" to have crumbs in the manual. I should have went back and complained but I just took the manual and waved it over a trashacan in the mall to get the crumbs out and took it to FYE for $6.00 trade in credit.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I've seen very, very, very few people claim to have gotten opened "new" games from GS.com, and frankly, I think they were just bullshitting.[/QUOTE]

It's happened to me a couple of times in the past, but not recently. Both times the games were re-shrinkwrapped. It was easy to tell they were former store display copies because there was a price sticker on the game below the shrinkwrap. I returned both titles to a B&M store clearly indicating the reason why I was returning.

I don't know who's idea it was at GS/EB to gut a new game and use it's case as a display case, but it's a really dumb one. I remember way back when I was a kid, me and my dad were at the store and we bought that Cybernator game for the SNES. Normally you bring the box up to the counter, and they go behind the counter and pull out an unopened one for you. Well this time they had the insides shrinkwrapped, and gave us that with the display box. It felt like I got screwed over. I mean, all the crap they had shrinkwrapped was just like new, but a part of the new game experience for me is opening up a brand new game that's never been touched.

Anyways, in this day they can just print out the inserts and slide them into a DVD case. Shoot it would probably be quicker and cheaper in terms of labor to do that then to gut a game.

bread's done
Back