Question about Gamestop's trade in policy

dragonsho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Ok, so I hate gamestop with a passion because of their bad service and the elitist pricks that work there. Example; I had assassin's creed reserved from back in July and wanted my $5 reserve back (about 2 weeks before the game would come out). The guy there gave me shit about how it looks amazing blah blah blah we all know how that turned out. I just kept sayin yup so I could get my money and leave. Now because of service like this, I would normally never sell anything to them but there is the 30% extra trade in value coupon this week so I'm going to take advantage of that.

My Question: Does gamestop give you less trade in value if the game is disc only as compared to complete (with manual, case, etc)

If they don't lower the value, gamestop will be getting lots of disc only games.

Same value as complete games, though if you get a dickhead manager/employee, they may try charging you a 'refurb fee' because you're trading in disc only games.

So, you definitely need to watch out for that.

You could always find a dumbass buddy who will grab a used case off the shelf, put your game in it then proceed to trade it in. That's always a classic.

LOL When I took some movies and games in to check trade values last week or the week before, the clerks asked me if I was 'buying all of those', when I clearly came in with them IN A BAG.

Of course, I was simply checking their value before hitting my usual trade stop of FYE. I always check their prices first anymore, to see what I'm getting for them before hitting FYE on the slim chance they'll be giving MORE.

I remember when places like babbages existed, and you'd get 2 bucks for a disc only game, but much more for a complete one. >_> Back then used copies didn't choke on nuts.

Some Gamestop's might refuse disc only games. The one at my local mall did, I just took them to the EB in the same mall and they did accept them.

if you are trading in a disk only creed, then probably they wont care but as mentionted they may hit you up for a refurb fee. if you are trying to trade in nfl 2k2 disk only then they more than likely will flat out refuse it b/c the blank case costs more than that game will ever sell for haha. one time a guy told me he'd only accept disk only trade ins if they went towards preorders, lol

i traded in a stack of games a little while back. One of them was an old sports game that got me $1 (it was my 5th game for an extra 30%), but it didn't have the manual. Anyway, I looked at my receipt later that night, and they had charged me a fucking $2 refurb fee on that game. YES! My receipt actually showed that they had taken $1 away from the credit I got on the other games. I freaked out for a minute, then drank a beer and chilled out, but that was outrageous. I really had to pay $1 for them to take it. Wasn't worth bitching them out for after the fact, but jesus christ!

Nice how GS fosters the lack of care for video games by giving the same value for a disc only title as they would a complete copy... I know mine get alot of the stolen games people rip off from WalMart (I can go into a certain WM and find empty game cases everywhere)

bread's done
Back