Question about hooking my Wii up to an HDMI Monitor

xXLeadFarmerXx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Hey guys, I have a quick question for anyone willing to listen and/or help. I have a 24" HDMI Dell monitor and external speakers that I use to play my 360 and my PS3 in my college dorm. I have really wanted to bring my Wii back to college with me but am not sure if there's any way to hook it up to my current set up. Does anyone know of a cheap converter that I can use to hook the Wii up to an HDMI or DVI port? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

This was my question as well, but really... I don't think it's possible to play the Wii on an HDTV Monitor. :/ I really wish it was true though, but meh...... I wish I had a better TV that can at least do 720p.

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate it. It looks like my best bet would be the component female to DVI male adapter, but I'm not quite sure how I'd get the sound to work with that. I'm not too familiar with this stuff but my monitor doesn't have internal speakers- I'm just using some crappy external speakers that plug into the headphone jack. Is there any remedy for that? Thanks again guys.

[quote name='xXLeadFarmerXx']Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate it. It looks like my best bet would be the component female to DVI male adapter, but I'm not quite sure how I'd get the sound to work with that. I'm not too familiar with this stuff but my monitor doesn't have internal speakers- I'm just using some crappy external speakers that plug into the headphone jack. Is there any remedy for that? Thanks again guys.[/QUOTE]

Well, how is your 360 currently connected to the speakers, so I can suggest from there?

For the audio, go to your local Walmart/RadioShack/Best Buy. You'll easily find both adapters that turn a male RCA plug into a female RCA plug. Get two of those. Then, you'll easily find a cable that's got two male RCA plugs on one end and the 3.5mm jack on the other end that I assume you can plug into your speakers (at the very least, could splice into them).

Alternatively, check some of the stuff at Monoprice.com.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=666&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=5612&seq=1&format=2

MaximumZero, the speakers are plugged into the headphone jack on the monitor which supply the sound for both my PS3 and 360 that are hooked up via HDMI.

UncleBob, I'll look into that. Since I'm not very tech savvy in this particular area I think I will just head to Best Buy and annoy the employees there. Thanks!

bread's done
Back