Question about how much I should pay for a used Genesis?

rywateska

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
When I went hunting for games last Saturday I came across a garage sale that gave me basically all these Genesis games for $15... http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18181
Now I've called them asking about the Genesis system.
-It works, is a version 2 or 3, comes with about 10 childrens games.
I want the system but I'm not sure what should I offer them for it. I'm going to be talking to the woman tonight or tommorow and wanted to know what you guys thought about it. I did jack them for a lot with the Genesis games on Saturday but what is a good range that I should stay between. What is overpaying, and what is a decent deal. Help me out here, thanks.

I'd say $15-20 is fair. That's what the game stores sell them for and about what they go fo ron ebay. If it has the original box and packaging, then about $30-40.

[quote name='scsg75']I'd say $15-20 is fair. That's what the game stores sell them for and about what they go fo ron ebay. If it has the original box and packaging, then about $30-40.[/quote]

yup. Game crazy had one for $18 when I was there yesterday.

When I talked to her she was pushing $30 for it all, basically $20 just for the console alone.
I found that to be complete bull. I think I'll push for 15-20 for it all, and see where it takes me.

Is this everyone who has an opinion on this? Two people, although better than none, can only open my eyes so much...Speak up if you've got something worthwhile to add...

I sold mine in a garage sale about 6 years ago for $20. Then I sold about 10 games for $4 each. Keep in mind, this was a long time ago.

got mine for 5 dolla 2 controllers and a game which was Sword of Vermillion no box though

anyone know if that game is any good or a rare rpg

but had to buy an AV cable for it which was about 6

get yours at a flea market

The last time I saw the Genesis 3 available new at retail it it was $24.99 so that should act as a guide. For any generation of Genesis hardware I cannot see paying over $20 unless the package is unusually complete and well kept, which might make it of interest to a collector.

I think it is the console itself with all the hookups needed. There are also about 10 games in the mix as well that seem to have been forgotten in the middle of things. I'm happy with spending a little extra for the games. Everything I've bought off these people has been mint, with box, instructions, and adult owned carts, impressive to say the least. They have no idea what their doing though. Should 20 about do it? I don't want to go up to 25 when I might come across

$20 tops, even with the games. Unless they are rare or complete that is the tops I'd pay for it.
I can pick these up for real cheap. Hell I past one up a couple of days ago for $0.45 at a thrift (console only) but I can easily find the hook-ups for less than $6.

I normally find the decks for $1 to $4 and pass them up every time.

Also your better off getting a model 1 Genny, all the extra add-ons work with it.
I do believe that if you get the Model 1 first production run that it will allow you to play Mega Drive games.
The first run has " High Definition Graphics" written on it.

anything 20 or above IMO is crazy. i got mine on ebay with a sega CD and sega 32X with boxes for 35. also had a bare sega master system and a few games with it.

bread's done
Back