question about in-store pick up?

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!
ive never shopped online and try to stay away from it, i know it is at times cheaper and stuff to do things online, but i just dont want to mess with it. anyways, when it says in store pick. does that mean you pay online but still pick up in store and not worry about shipping or tax. or does it mean you pick it up in store and pay at the store and nothing online.

They ship the game to the store you designate, and you pay for it there. You don't pay any shipping, but you'll have to pay the sales tax depending on what state you're in.

I usually use it to pre-order a game, since doing it this way avoids giving the in-store people the usual 5 dollars for the reservation. You don't pay anything until the game arrives in the store and you show up to get it.

Indeed. You don't pay shipping, and you'll be charged whatever the area's sales tax is. So, for instance, when I pre-order a game on GameStop.com and use in-store pick-up, it will say the estimated sales tax is 7%, but if I am picking it up in certain areas of NJ, designated Urban Enterprise Zones, I only pay 3.5%.

bread's done
Back