Question about iRiver mp3 file formats

KingCRZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I did have an iPod but it was a piece of shit and broke on me so I have an iRiver now for when I workout. I heard there is a way to shrink the files so you can get more on your mp3 player. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks for your help.

the iriver community as a whole is on misticriver.net. If anyone can answer your question, they can. I have a 120 but im going to a 40 gig ipod soon. I love my iriver but i have to much music for it

Make sure to search first on misticriver.net, cause they can get uppity when you post a simple question. Just check out the FAQ threads, cause most likely it's there. Other than re-ripping you music from the original CD's, I dunno...I think there are programs that re-encode mp3 files to lower bit rates (and thus smaller file sizes so you can put more songs on the player), but I heard the sound quality goes down noticeably. I'd check on misticriver for the program/s and see how they sound.

Well you can change the bitrate of a track, the lower the bitrate the less space it takes. It really depends on what your mp3 player can play (MP3/WMA/OGG ect.) and the type of sound you like. On my Dell DJ I keep most of my music at MP3@128KBPS, it's what I find most comfortable. Sound opinions are biased since not everyone likes the same quality in sound, some people can't stand anything less than 192KBPS some People are fine at 68KBPS, it really depends on you.

Just google "Mp3 Bitrate Converter" or "Bitrate Changer", there are tons of app's that do the job, I use Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

bread's done
Back