Question About "Limited Edition": Platinum GC

SeemslikeTrav

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Couple months ago bought a new GC Platinum. The Box still says LIMITED EDITION, but it's been awhile since I've seen those. I figured they didn't say that anymore. No MFR date on the cube. i guess I was just curious if they still make the LE (even if it isn't), or if this one has just been floating around awhile.

I think it's one of Nintendo's lies. Remeber that there were several brand new games that had "BEST SELLER" written on them even through they couldn't be best sellers before they were sold. I think the same thing might be said about your Cube.

[quote name='SeemslikeTrav']Couple months ago bought a new GC Platinum. The Box still says LIMITED EDITION, but it's been awhile since I've seen those. I figured they didn't say that anymore. No MFR date on the cube. i guess I was just curious if they still make the LE (even if it isn't), or if this one has just been floating around awhile.[/QUOTE]

Platinum was supposed to be a limited color, but they decided to keep it around. Like AHEADAMUS said, if it has a digital output you've just found a really old Cube.

[quote name='David85']I think it's one of Nintendo's lies. Remeber that there were several brand new games that had "BEST SELLER" written on them even through they couldn't be best sellers before they were sold. I think the same thing might be said about your Cube.[/QUOTE]
"Best Seller" referred the franchise (Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, etc.) not the game itself.

[quote name='daroga']"Best Seller" referred the franchise (Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, etc.) not the game itself.[/quote]Ha, that's the first time that's been explained to me. I guess it makes sense as all those listed like that were sequels to N64 games (adding SSBM to that short list).

[quote name='SeemslikeTrav']Couple months ago bought a new GC Platinum. The Box still says LIMITED EDITION, but it's been awhile since I've seen those. I figured they didn't say that anymore. No MFR date on the cube. i guess I was just curious if they still make the LE (even if it isn't), or if this one has just been floating around awhile.[/quote]

The limited edition should have the digital output, like it's mention it only says LE due to the color being a limited time deal at the time. The digital output should be next to the A/V port. If there isn't one, looks like someone swapped a system.

[quote name='tangytangerine']The limited edition should have the digital output, like it's mention it only says LE due to the color being a limited time deal at the time. The digital output should be next to the A/V port. If there isn't one, looks like someone swapped a system.[/quote]
They are still sold, and all Platinum Gamecubes say 'Limited Edition' on the box. They were supposed to be limited in 2002.... but that was four years ago.

As for the Gold N64's... try finding one of those beauts! I am the proud owner of one too:D

[quote name='David85']I think it's one of Nintendo's lies. Remeber that there were several brand new games that had "BEST SELLER" written on them even through they couldn't be best sellers before they were sold. I think the same thing might be said about your Cube.[/QUOTE]

I thought Best Sellers meant that the game was a best seller in Japan...

Weren't all LE Platinum cubes part of the Metroid Prime bundle? It had the pretty foil-ish Metroid Prime boxing over it, and then normal Platinum boxing underneath that, right?

Or were the LE Platinums also sold as non-MP bundle packs?

I bought a Metroid Prime LE Platinum cube... has an digital AV port.

My Cube is "LE" Platinum w/digital AV, but it was a stand-alone box. I did buy it during the "buy a Cube get one of these games free" and picked up Metroid Prime with that deal though.

[quote name='Rozz']They are still sold, and all Platinum Gamecubes say 'Limited Edition' on the box. They were supposed to be limited in 2002.... but that was four years ago.
[/QUOTE]

Right. Thanks. I wasn't worried about whether it was really limited or not. There is no digital video port, which I know they stopped making, but the box still said limited edition, which I haven't seen for awhile. Like I said - Just curious.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']There is nothing Limited about that GCN.[/QUOTE]
Except its retail success! OH!! *rimshot*!!

Man, I'm freaking hilarious.

[quote name='hack']Weren't all LE Platinum cubes part of the Metroid Prime bundle? It had the pretty foil-ish Metroid Prime boxing over it, and then normal Platinum boxing underneath that, right?

Or were the LE Platinums also sold as non-MP bundle packs?

I bought a Metroid Prime LE Platinum cube... has an digital AV port.[/QUOTE]
Got mine in a bundle with Mario Kart: Double Dash and an extra controller.

bread's done
Back