Question about MGS4 bundle

video_gamer324

CAGiversary!
Feedback
188 (99%)
To anyone who purchased the 80GB MGS4 bundle for themself (not the Gun Metal 40GB bundle), was MGS4 factory sealed or was there no factory seal? I just received a "new" bundle that I bought on eBay, but the seal (on the box) was broken and MGS4 was the only thing in the box that did not look brand new. I'm already a bit ticked off that the packaging wasn't brand new, but if the game is not brand new either, I'll be sending the seller a nasty email.

I bought the 80gb bundle about a week ago, and clearly remember MGS4 being sealed separately as if it had come off of the sale shelf. Sounds like the ebay seller skirted you ever so slightly.

Yeah, mine was sealed as well. And just in case mine also came with:s Blu-Ray Sampler Disc (nothing worthwhile on it, but it did come with a sheet that had a voucher code for a free download of PAIN). Both MGS4 and the craptastic blu-ray disc came sealed.

I thought the copy of MGS4 that comes with the bundle is NOT shrink wrapped? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

The MGS4 that comes with the Limited Edition of the game, does not come sealed. only the outerware of the Limited Edition packaging is sealed.

[quote name='dios']The MGS4 that comes with the Limited Edition of the game, does not come sealed. only the outerware of the Limited Edition packaging is sealed.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, I did not get the Gun Metal 40GB PS3 that comes with MGS4 LE - I got the 80GB bundle that comes with the regular edition of MGS4.

[quote name='probablysober']Yeah, mine was sealed as well. And just in case mine also came with:s Blu-Ray Sampler Disc (nothing worthwhile on it, but it did come with a sheet that had a voucher code for a free download of PAIN). Both MGS4 and the craptastic blu-ray disc came sealed.[/QUOTE]

I also got the sampler disc, and because it was sealed while MGS4 wasn't, I immediately became suspicious. My theory is that the seller bought a bunch of MGS4 bundles to resell (he listed about four other bundles three weeks ago), opened one just to play MGS4 on a PS3 he already owned, and then passed it off as new. I've already sent him an email asking for either a replacement or partial refund, so we'll see what happens.

[quote name='dios']The MGS4 that comes with the Limited Edition of the game, does not come sealed. only the outerware of the Limited Edition packaging is sealed.[/quote]

I'm aware of that, as I bought the Limited Edition of the game myself. But my question is regarding the regular edition of the game that comes with the PS3 80GB bundle. Is the game itself supposed to be sealed? I'm pretty sure it says "Not for Resale" at the back, but I'd like to know if the game comes shrinkwrapped or not.

My 80GB MGS4 Bundle did indeed have shrinkwrap on the game itself. It looked like it would if you bought it from the store alone.

If yours wasn't sealed, they certainly did something (opened and finished?) with it.

[quote name='dios']The MGS4 that comes with the Limited Edition of the game, does not come sealed. only the outerware of the Limited Edition packaging is sealed.[/quote]

Mine was indeed sealed with a "not for resale" sticker over the barcode. I think Konami likes to mix things up for fun.

[quote name='Ace Harding: Private Eye']Mine was indeed sealed with a "not for resale" sticker over the barcode. I think Konami likes to mix things up for fun.[/QUOTE]

Did it have an actual sticker? Just wondering since mine had that printed on it.

[quote name='probablysober']Did it have an actual sticker? Just wondering since mine had that printed on it.[/quote]

Mine also has it printed on...and not a sticker, like the previous poster emplies.

In fact, my box doesn't even have a barcode on the back of it.

[quote name='Rig']Mine also has it printed on...and not a sticker, like the previous poster emplies.

In fact, my box doesn't even have a barcode on the back of it.[/QUOTE]

Same with me... sealed game, printed not for resale instead of the barcode.

[quote name='video_gamer324']I've already sent him an email asking for either a replacement or partial refund, so we'll see what happens.[/quote]
Did the MGS4 bundle came in mint / complete condition? If so, isn't it kinda extreme to ask for a replacement? You do deserve some sort of reimbursement though, as stating its new unfairly caused the auction value to go up.

Of course if it is smudged up like crazy, been registered, or has scratches, by all means go for it and leave negative feedback if needed.

I've got to agree with Kyo... while I certainly realize that the man lied, asking for a replacement is a little ridiculous, providing that the game is in good condition. Even a partial refund is pushing it, but that's hard to say, considering that we don't know how much you paid for it.

I realize this will be an unpopular stance, but it's just because I don't feel it's a huge deal providing you were going to open it anyway, and the fact that the bundle is rather scarce at the moment. It comes down to what you paid, though... if you REALLY overpaid only BECAUSE you thought everything was brand new, fine, but I wouldn't push if you got it for retail or under.

[quote name='Kyo']Did the MGS4 bundle came in mint / complete condition? If so, isn't it kinda extreme to ask for a replacement? You do deserve some sort of reimbursement though, as stating its new unfairly caused the auction value to go up.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd prefer a partial refund since it would be less hassle for the both of us, but the seller has sold other bundles recently and maybe he would prefer to replace it instead. I don't see the harm in giving him the option.

bread's done
Back