Question about Paypal shipping label

lobitoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hi I just wanted to make sure..
I just printed a paypal shipping label from usps
I was wondering if I can drop it on a Usps BLUE BOX ?
Thank you for your time...
Sorry I am a N00b in paypal shipping label option.

The only thing that can be dropped into an USPS mail box is a first-class package weighing less than 13 ounces. Anything else needs to be taken to a USPS PO.

I've dropped Media Mail and Priority Mail in collection boxes without issue. I'm pretty sure they are allowed with a PayPal label because it is not 'bearing stamps'. But if it's over 16 ounces (1 pound) you do have to go to the PO, or I suppose you could schedule a pick up for Priority packages. In practice though it will probably be delivered without issue from a collection box even if it's over 1 pound (at least in my experience.)

I've also heard anything over 13 ounces has to go to the P.O. so mixed answers there. (Got one answer from calling the USPS help line, another in an e-mail response from usps.com)

And I've heard that anything with a label (i.e. not bearing stamps) can be put in a collection box no matter how much it weighs. It just has to fit through the slot.

Most blue drop-off boxes now have warning stickers with the 13 oz rule.

The scheduled pick-up option is pretty convenient. And for the record, I love paypal's shipping option. It couldn't be easier.

If it can fit in a mailbox, regardless of weight I throw it in the mailbox. As mentioned above, the 13 oz rule applies to stamps only.

Thanx Wubb for the answers , thats a relief.... I will put it on the blue box since it is close to my home. And sicne its a media mail as you stated then i dont have any problem with that. Thanks

bread's done
Back