Question about powering down my machine.

Sir_Fragalot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Well when I am done using my machine I of course shut down Windows. My question is after it is powered down do you guys recommend I flip the power switch on the back and unplug the machine or just shut it down and do nothing where it can be turned on by pressing the power button? I am curious because I just built my first machine and I am curious to see what you guys do and if there is any benefits/harms to either way so I know.

Thanks

I personally only shut down my PC at night, and do nothing more than just shut down. It still draws some power and all that but I like being able to turn it on in the morning and not have to fiddle with things when I'm still only half awake.

I guess if you really wanted to save power you would flip the switch as even when it's off it will still be pulling in a little bit from the socket, but it's really not anything anyone ever does.

I just power mine down, the only time I pull the plug out of the wall is when a bad lightning storm comes through the area.

I turn off the surge protector all my components are plugged into after shutting down. But that's more because I don't like my Monitor's light shining all night long. It really doesn't matter. Some people even recommend leaving your computer on 24/7 with the monitor off to avoid the warm-up/cool-down wear on the components.

bread's done
Back