Question about pre-ordering games online

sonarrat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I would like to preorder Final Fantasy III, Starfox DS, and Dragon Quest DS, among others. I'm planning to do it with eStarland, mainly to avoid sales tax but also because I like the idea of no-money-down preordering, AND I see an opportunity to save money on shipping. Now lookie: if I preorder just one game, express shipping is $17.00. After the first one, though, each additional game is just $4 extra to ship - even if they release at different times. If I keep loading on the pre-orders that could become a really, really good deal. In this case, two of the games are releasing on the same day, so they can ship those together and won't lose money, but if I keep loading on the pre-orders I could easily force them into providing a truly great deal. But I've never done anything like this before, so here are my questions:

1. Will they ship each game overnight, as it comes out? If they're going to wait for everything to release before shipping it all in one shipment in November, then obviously, that's no good. I've had Amazon do this to me, though.
2. Will they charge my credit card all at once, even if most of the games are still months from shipping? This is not ideal, though it's still a better scenario than #1.
3. Would they include the pre-order bonus materials, if any?

If you have any experiences doing similar transactions through EB/Gamestop or any other e-tailers, feel free to chime in.

Ah.. I found out the answer to Question #1. I can choose either single shipments or multiple shipments, and multi-shipments cost more. Game over for that idea.

Question #2 is still up in the air.

They will not ship them all out seperately. There are not many online retailers that will. On your checkout page at estarland you have to choose either ship all at once, or individually at extra cost to you.

They will not charge you till your order ships, so if you ship indiviually at extra expense you will pay for them one at a time.

Estarland does not offer preorder bonuses online.

[quote name='rodeojones903']They will not ship them all out seperately. There are not many online retailers that will. On your checkout page at estarland you have to choose either ship all at once, or individually at extra cost to you.

They will not charge you till your order ships, so if you ship indiviually at extra expense you will pay for them one at a time.

Estarland does not offer preorder bonuses online.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha..

I just tried to change that option at checkout, though.. then pressed Update, and it didn't change the shipping cost. o_O

[quote name='sonarrat']Gotcha..

I just tried to change that option at checkout, though.. then pressed Update, and it didn't change the shipping cost. o_O[/QUOTE]

It will not change your shipping cost on the check out page, but trust me you will be charged shipping for each one.

bread's done
Back