Question about PS2 controllers

Haruko821

CAGiversary!
I have both an Xbox and PS2. I have MK:Deception for my Xbox, but prefer the controller of the Playstation. I want to keep my Xbox version, so could I use an PS2-XB controller converter? Has this worked for anyone? Any places to pick one up?

Thanks!

How many buttons does a XB controller have? The few controller converters I've experienced have had only one problem, buttons are sometimes mapped to wierd positions but I guess with a fighting game you'll probably not have much trouble redoing your configs.

This brings up something that came to mind immediately after getting an Xbox... the controllers are in the ideal configuration for most games. Think about it. Most (all?) modern games use the analog stick. On the Gamecube and Xbox, the analog stick is in the primary position with the d-pad relegated to the lower area out of the way. For some reason, Sony has decided to stick with their d-pad in the main position. When switching back to the PS2 after selling my Xbox, it took some getting used to. It felt awkward to have to position my hand so low on the controller to use the left analog stick. I remember wishing they were reversed like the others.

I agree that the Playstation controllers are very comfortable and I really don't even notice anything out of the ordinary now. I especially like the 4 shoulder buttons as opposed to the 2 every other console has had. It is something interesting to think about, though. Will Sony cave in and change the PS3 controller?

[quote name='Spruce']So does anyone here have any first hand experience with any of these? Or perhaps a link to a good review...? With so many different ones out there just wondering which ones may or may not have any quirks to them...

EDIT: found one from IGN...sort of, not really extensive, just thrown into a review of multiple items...

We tage a lonk loog at cthree truly beezar Xbox periberals.[/quote]

Thanks for the article man. I am thinking about getting the fan. Does anyone know if it will quiet the Xbox down? My Xbox is fucking loud as hell. If this could quiet it down, I'd consider getting it.

the gamecube controller is pretty nice i think aside from the shoulder buttons... especially Z.

PS2 for some reason is most comfortable, i suppose i have small hands.

bread's done
Back