Question about PS3

if a console has ylod its easy enough to fix for under 50 bucks and theres alot of videos on yotutube about it. hell even if a ps3 has a bad bluray drive you can buy replacements online for cheaper than what sony and other want to charge to fix a ylod ps3 and many of the parts are easy to replace/repair. go to youtube and search or ylod fixes if it seems like something you can do try it all it taes is a heat gun, rubbing alcohol and good thermal paste.

[quote name='lokizz']if a console has ylod its easy enough to fix for under 50 bucks and theres alot of videos on yotutube about it. hell even if a ps3 has a bad bluray drive you can buy replacements online for cheaper than what sony and other want to charge to fix a ylod ps3 and many of the parts are easy to replace/repair. go to youtube and search or ylod fixes if it seems like something you can do try it all it taes is a heat gun, rubbing alcohol and good thermal paste.[/QUOTE]

Yea I heard of the YLOD. The thing is I have seen a couple ads on CL talking about broken PS3's that can't read a disc. I was wondering if it was an easy fix? If it's a common problem or just operator error.

My advice is to buy it. Make sure you check out which model version it is before you do though. Most likely it is only a broken Blu-Ray lens and that is quite a cheap and easy fix.

[quote name='Anhmeister']My advice is to buy it. Make sure you check out which model version it is before you do though. Most likely it is only a broken Blu-Ray lens and that is quite a cheap and easy fix.[/QUOTE]

yep theres a few stores online that sell those or you could buy a whole new bluray drive. my ps3 didnt recognize disks once so i reformatted it and it worked fine and i havent had an issue since. ylod is the most common problem with ps3s ( the fat ones).

Be careful. I'm somewhat hesitant on CL Sellers that don't include a Home/Cell phone number. As long as you can "test it" beforehand to make sure he/she didn't "gut it" for parts, you should be ok.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Be careful. I'm somewhat hesitant on CL Sellers that don't include a Home/Cell phone number. As long as you can "test it" beforehand to make sure he/she didn't "gut it" for parts, you should be ok.[/QUOTE]
I never include a home phone number in ANY of my ads. The last thing I need is some flake from CL doing a reverse lookup on the land line and finding my address.

I always meet people at the local mall for any CL deals.

As far as no wires or controllers are concerned for this ad, I would imagine that perhaps the seller has a secondary fat model PS3 they could use those with, which is why they kept them and put the price so cheap.

I would just wait for the next bundle that has a game you want and get yourself a brand new Slim. They have an MLB 10 The Show bundle coming June 13 most likely, and probably other game bundles coming at that time or soon as well.

[quote name='J7.']I would just wait for the next bundle that has a game you want and get yourself a brand new Slim. They have an MLB 10 The Show bundle coming June 13 most likely, and probably other game bundles coming at that time or soon as well.[/QUOTE]

or just check ebay i think people sell broken ps3s on there and at the very least youd have some form of protection from being scamed. or buy a used one from gamestop and take the time to do some preventitive maintenence on it. or you could check your local paper or put out an add looking for broken ps3s.

bread's done
Back