Question about PSN gamesharing post-nov 18th changes (LA Noire problem)

Jersiah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Hey all, I've been reading the threads about gamesharing but I'm having a tough time finding this info so I figured I'd post it here incase anyone knows. Figured it might concern others as well.

My understanding of gamesharing post nov 18th changes was that content before could still be played on 5 consoles and content after could be played on just 2. Me and 4 others are linked to my account but I just bought LA Noire Complete Edition and 1st person who tried to download it couldn't. I KNOW no one else got to it because he went on right after I bought it so it couldn't possibly be on 2 consoles.

Can anyone explain what I'm missing here? Is LA Noire one of those rare games like Warhawk that can NOT be gameshared at all? Is it content-specific, like 2 for sonic cd, 2 for la noire, or NOT and the first person to download post nov 18th stuff like sonic cd locks out everyone else from ANYTHING post nov 18th (like LA Noire)?

Thanks for any and all help.

Possible answer, if it's not gameshareable, but not sure.... Just speculation.
Might be that it's not first two people to download it, it's the first two systems that are activated on that account.

For example (the dates are just to show when someone activated the account in relation to other people).
Person 1 creates account
Person 2 activates account on his PS3 on the 10th
Person 3 activates account on his PS3 on the 12th
Person 4 activates on the 14th
Person 5 on the 16th

Old way all 5 could download and use anything that isn't restricted like Warhawk (I thought this would still download, just wouldn't run if it had been ran under a different account within 24 hours or something... Not sure though).

New way, only persons 1 and 2 of the above example can download/use anything purchased after the change.

If that is, in fact, the way it works, you could change it by deactivating all the accounts and starting from scratch, however persons 1 and 2 (meaning the first two people to activate the account on their PS3 after the latest deactivation) would be able to use anything purchased after the change.

Like I said, I have no idea if this is true, it's just what I initially thought of after reading your post.

There's an issue with the Digital version of LA Noir. Lots of people are on the same boat as you. There are comments all over the place on the PSN blog.

bread's done
Back