Question About Selling Large Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsianOnRoute69

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
As you know, I recently sold my huge ps3 bundle and in the process of getting payment and shipping it off. I was wondering what would be the safest way to handle this type of situation since the buyer doesn't want to get shafted and neither do I. The buyer has an itrader feedback of 50 or more and i'm only doing a transaction through paypal. I sold my bundle for $800 and mutually decided that the buyer would send $400 first and then I ship, and once received he would send the other $400. I am also shipping with tracking and insurance. Does this seem safe to any of you guys?

If the payment is going through PayPal, there is no reason the buyer shouldn't pay entirely up front. They're covered under PayPal and you've got your money.

As far as shipping is concerned, I'd highly recommend going UPS with signature confirmation and insurance.

yah that is what I assumed since paypal will cover the cost if shipment doesn't arrive, I don't want to get shafted if the second payment doesn't come.

You could also suggest that they transfer the money to another trusted CAG through Paypal and then that CAG could hold the money until you ship. I'm not sure how paypal fees might affect this, but just a thought.

[quote name='negid']You could also suggest that they transfer the money to another trusted CAG through Paypal and then that CAG could hold the money until you ship. I'm not sure how paypal fees might affect this, but just a thought.[/QUOTE]

This sounds good. He/she should sent the entire $800 (make sure you don't get raped with the fees). They can always file a claim if you scam them (not saying you will, hypothetically speaking) so they're covered, but you're not if you get shafted. It makes most sense sending the money directly to you.. but if he doesn't feel to good about it, do the mutual CAG thing. You should ask that one dude with 500+ trades here on CAG.. shrike something.

[quote name='mis0']This sounds good. He/she should sent the entire $800 (make sure you don't get raped with the fees). They can always file a claim if you scam them (not saying you will, hypothetically speaking) so they're covered, but you're not if you get shafted. It makes most sense sending the money directly to you.. but if he doesn't feel to good about it, do the mutual CAG thing. You should ask that one dude with 500+ trades here on CAG.. shrike something.[/QUOTE]And what am I being asked to do? :whistle2:s

And it's 522 CAGs dealt with and 898 deals done, just to be specific. ;)

OP, you should ship it UPS (3-day) or FedEx (Express Saver) with signature required and the full $800 of insurance. I wouldn't trust that with USPS for something that expensive.

Having the other party send half the money first would be an acceptable option, though if you're using Paypal, there's no reason why he couldn't send all the money first. You have Paypal to back you up if there's an issue, as well as UPS or FedEx from the shipping side of things. I'd make very sure the package is well protected, otherwise, you're likely to take one in the backside from poor packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back