Question about shipping to Canada

Bune

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
in the past few weeks I've been getting grief from canadian buyers who want their stuff delivered in 3-4 days, even though it takes 6-7 days when you factor in customs. I (and my wife) think that stopping shipment to Canada sounds like a grand idea. should I do this or should I change my shipping to something else like UPS or something?

I'm pretty sure UPS to Canada is big bucks.

I personally don't ship to Canada because you can't get any sort of tracking or DC # for a reasonable shipping price and don't want to be at the buyer's mercy as far as fraudulent item not received claims.

it cost me $48 to ship a catalog to canada (2 day shipping)... i'd hate to think about what it would cost for something over a pound!

ups does have a canada ground option though but i'm not sure how long it takes or how much the service costs.

I rarely ship to Canda, it usually takes 7 to 10 days for them to get an item through Airmail. No seller protection through Paypal is the main reason I don't ship to Canada though.

[quote name='wubb']I'm pretty sure UPS to Canada is big bucks.

I personally don't ship to Canada because you can't get any sort of tracking or DC # for a reasonable shipping price and don't want to be at the buyer's mercy as far as fraudulent item not received claims.[/QUOTE]

Ditto about the don't ship to canada.

Shipping to canada through UPS is expensive, the cheapest one I've done was $21 and that was a disc only PS1 game in a bubble mailer.

Just don't accept bids from outside the country, apparently canadians don't understand that packages from outside their country take awhile and moan about it taking too long.

Can you block international buyers from your auction? I always wrote the US buyers only in the description, but a lot of people from other country still won my auctions. I guess they don't read..

oh I'm not trying to cancel a shipment, I was just gauging reaction to stopping further shipping into Canada.

nothing against the canucks, but it's basically for the reason wubb posted - no way to protect against fradulent sellers. better safe than sorry.

Yeah, the tracking info basically seals the deal for most of us, cause there's no way for Paypal to confirm that it was delivered. But even if you post that you don't ship outside the US, I bet you'll still get some.

I got one today on ebay when I clearly stated that I don't mail out of the US and sure enough, one bid that ended today the guy lived in Calgary. To paraphrase The Rock during his WWE days, "When will these mothercanuckers learn?".

you can set up your ebay auctions to automatically block people who are outside of the countries that you ship to. in my auctions, i only allow bidders from the USA, people with no negatives and i also have a list of people who are banned from my auctions period :)

I had no problems shipping light-as-a-feather stuff like Pokémon TCG cards to Canada. No complaints yet, as I tell them by email that ANYTHING shipped to Canada takes a while and to please kindly bear with me.
Anything heavier than that though... and I check with my local Post Office (really convenient since it's only 3 blocks from my house).

Re: feedback: I check feedback on an individual basis, because we all know that some negatives are given for bullshit reasons. Excessive negative feedback (especially within a period of 1-6 months) results in banning from my auctions.

bread's done
Back