Question about the 360 and DVD-R's

jpuma1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have a question about DVD-R's and the compatibility with the xbox 360.

I have a bunch of home movies that i transfered from VHS to DVD, and those work fine on the 360. However, I also have some discs that may or may not have movies on them. those did not read or almost did read, but then said that the format was unrecognizable. If I were to have discs that may or may not have movie only copies of movies, no menus, are they supposed to work on the 360?

I was just wondering because my home movies did work on the dvd player, but backup, movie only, discs that may or may not have movies on them don't seem to work.

of course, we're talking hypotheticals here, because copied discs are wrong, right? :cool:

i may or may not understand what the fuck you're talking about.

burned movies work on the 360. i've made things that had no menus and they worked, i've made things that have had menus and they also worked. I've used Imation and Memorex DVD-R's. I've copied a copyrighted DVD (an older ECW one) and it worked. I've made a DVD of AVI files that i've downloaded (Rocko's Modern Life). Both worked. It might be what brand you're using. It might be what you're burning them with. I used Nero. There's all sorts of tiny little variables that it could be.

the dvd's of vhs movies were made using a DVD recorder VHS combo.

The movie dvd's were movie only copies using dvd-cloner III.

I have a somewhat no-name brand DVD-R i'm using, but i think that it shouldn't make a difference, because they work for the home movies but not for the DVD-cloner movies.

[quote name='jpuma1']I have a somewhat no-name brand DVD-R i'm using, but i think that it shouldn't make a difference, because they work for the home movies but not for the DVD-cloner movies.[/quote]

you wont know that until you check it. at least that is a pretty easy variable to eliminate

[quote name='orntar']you wont know that until you check it. at least that is a pretty easy variable to eliminate[/quote]

i did. the home movies i made have worked for the type of discs i use. the movie only backups of dvd's that i have do not work using the same brand of disc, unfortunately.

i hope there isn't a problem with my disc reader.

bread's done
Back